Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    Now he's mad at me because I no longer want to be his friend. I don't even cheat but why would I want a snitch as a friend? Has anybody ever gone through a similar situation in WoW before?
    Sounds like that guy got the winning end of the stick, he helps kill botting and he doesn't have to have you as a friend anymore.
    Seriously, anyone that ends a friendship over someone reporting botting isn't anyone you want in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    Boting destroys the economy? what your afraid there are bad players at level 90 because they bot when blizzard is selling free level 90
    Um... economy has nothing to do with bad players, it has to do with the in-game market. People who bot for mining/herbalism specifically, ruin a lot of server's economies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    You gotta remember, like the people up top said (translated) "WoW is life, your in game friends are better that your RL friends, I stab my RL friend to death if that means Blizzard gave me a loot in WoW"
    If I found out a friend was dealing drugs in real life I would call the cops on them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Well, nobody likes a snitch. But come on, it's a game, stupid thing to get mad over.
    one friend has been mugging people, my friend told the cops, should i be mad at my friend who told the cops?
    while greatly exaggerated botting is doing pretty much that, stealing from people who do the work themselves.

it IS just a game, get over it, i'd report a friend for botting any day, BUT i let all of them know i would, no complaints so far, no one has told me they're botting
    (if they do it's on another account that i don't know of)

but forewarned is forearmed,
    your friend might be a jerk because he didn't let how he feels about botters be known.

but he is not a jerk for reporting the scum.
    Last edited by Christan; 2014-03-15 at 11:43 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

I'd turn in my own mother if she was playing this game and was botting.

Deleted
    Is it a real friend or an online friend? If the latter just ditch him, chances are he would of done the same to you if the roles were reversed.

Deleted
    Now he's mad at me because I no longer want to be his friend. I don't even cheat but why would I want a snitch as a friend? Has anybody ever gone through a similar situation in WoW before?
    I never condone botting which is cheating. And I dont associate with people who do it.

You seam to be siding with the dick who thinks he is more important than other players, who is detrimentally impacting the play experience of others, over someone with more integrity.

I think you need to reassess your criteria for friendships....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Nobody likes a snitch maybe... but does anyone like a botter?
    nobody likes a snitch?

Odd attitude thats perpetuated by people who break the rules to make it socially unacceptable for people to stop them doing it.

Deleted
    I really wonder...do so many people here bot or why do they condone botting to such an extend (which not reporting something like that is)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    nobody likes a snitch?

Odd attitude thats perpetuated by people who break the rules to make it socially unacceptable for people to stop them doing it.
    When I worked in a jail I used to hear this shit all the time. What did you do to get arrested? Oh, I got snitched on. So, you weren't dealing drugs? Oh no I was totally ealing drugs whats that got to do with it? They use this as an excuse to not take responsibility for their actions.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You chose to side with the wrong friend. Your botting scumbag friend is one of the plights on this game and gaming in general. I applaud your ex-friend who reported him and I consider you a fool, good sir.

There was this one guy who flat out REFUSED to call the cops on a guy below him that was beating up his girlfriend. I told him a dozen times to call the cops and he refused stating "I ain't no snitch, that ain't how I was raised." Why would he tell me then? People who don't "snitch" for good reasons are bad people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Illegal immigration is not a crime.
    Oxymoron.
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    What the actual fuck now, internet? Grow a thicker skin and stop being a whiny faggot.

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    Um... economy has nothing to do with bad players, it has to do with the in-game market. People who bot for mining/herbalism specifically, ruin a lot of server's economies.
    No they do not, the majority of servers economies are built on the efforts of bots.

If you need to prove that it wasn't you, just bring him to your house and show him your ticket history on battle.net.

Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    There was this one guy who flat out REFUSED to call the cops on a guy below him that was beating up his girlfriend. I told him a dozen times to call the cops and he refused stating "I ain't no snitch, that ain't how I was raised." Why would he tell me then? People who don't "snitch" for good reasons are bad people.
    Did the guy's GF cheat on him?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    I'd turn in my own mother if she was playing this game and was botting.
    That loyalty.

Boting destroys the economy? what your afraid there are bad players at level 90 because they bot when blizzard is selling free level 90?

I never because my friends always lye for me, because i do that fir them too. (only in a death situation I would tell the truth) Hell one of my buddy byes gold in WoW and blizzard said that promote hackers, do i care? hell no, go ahead and buy gold, bot, I don't care
    And if your account got hacked for the gold farmers you would be the first to cry asking for your stuff back. So yes you do care, you just dont realise it. You go through life not looking at a bigger picture and thats your choice. Some people see the bigger picture. You and your friend promote illegal forced labor in warehouses knowingly and willingly, you promote organised crime, you promote damage to international economies/relations (hackers dont pay taxes and launder money for other deeds and cause issues between governments due to the fact they are hacking into each others countries etc). You have no issue with someone doing you harm even if its far from directly.

The economy has nothing to do with fresh 90's, its entirely the issue with never being able to mine or herb enough, all the best mobs are farmed/grinded and PvP/5mans and LFR are full of bots making the game unplayable at times without fully organised self made groups.

What you basically said is, aside from saving your own life you would lie to save a friend. So if your friend raped another person, would you lie for one or the other? Knowing the the action has also just ruined or damaged someones life possibly forever?

As one last point, how can you trust a person who you knowingly will lie for you or someone else? What happens when his crime becomes against you or another friend?

Just FYI im not a snitch, I will report bots and other stuff, but if I can sort it out my way I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Just FYI im not a snitch, I will report bots and other stuff, but if I can sort it out my way I will.
    yes you are a snitch

yes you are a snitch
    So sick of the whole "Snitches get stitches" mentality. Guess what, if you don't want to be ratted out, don't do shit that's against the rules/laws.

its none of my business

If it's none of your business why did you blab about it to other people?

Doesn't matter. Someone botting got in trouble, all i care about in this thread.

Did the guy's GF cheat on him?
    Thats not reason to beat her up....