Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

A friend of mine reported another friend of mine for botting

Now he's mad at me because I no longer want to be his friend. I don't even cheat but why would I want a snitch as a friend? Has anybody ever gone through a similar situation in WoW before?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2014-03-16 at 02:07 AM.

Deleted
    Tell your friend to stop botting then, seriously all it does it destroy the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunsh View Post
    Tell your friend to stop botting then, seriously all it does it destroy the economy.
    its none of my business

Well, nobody likes a snitch. But come on, it's a game, stupid thing to get mad over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    its none of my business
    So you're ok with condoning Botting? That's not exactly a good idea. The whole Snitch mentality is why it keeps happening.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    So you're ok with condoning Botting? That's not exactly a good idea. The whole Snitch mentality is why it keeps happening.
    Exactly

OP You sound like you came on here to get people to agree with you to say "I agree, I wouldn't want that snitch as a friend either" He's making WoW better by getting rid of bots. FU for stopping him.
    Last edited by mmoc40a2ce91fa; 2014-03-15 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Edit for structure

Botters deserve to be reported, friends or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

You sided with the botter over the guy who reported botting? Nice priorities you have. I reported my best friend for botting, and even took a screen shot of the report and sent it to him. We both had a good laugh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This basically. Just because he's your friend doesn't mean that botting is okay or that you should turn a blind eye on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunsh View Post
    Boting destroys the economy? what your afraid there are bad players at level 90 because they bot when blizzard is selling free level 90?

Now he's mad at me because I no longer want to be his friend. I don't even cheat but why would I want a snitch as a friend? Has anybody ever gone through a similar situation in WoW before?
    I never because my friends always lye for me, because i do that fir them too. (only in a death situation I would tell the truth) Hell one of my buddy byes gold in WoW and blizzard said that promote hackers, do i care? hell no, go ahead and buy gold, bot, I don't care

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Well, nobody likes a snitch. But come on, it's a game, stupid thing to get mad over.
    Yeah it is a game. Why would you care if a friend was cheating in a video game? If any one i knew was botting i would say 'Fill your boots'.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Yeah it is a game. Why would you care if a friend was cheating in a video game? If any one i knew was botting i would say 'Fill your boots'.
    You gotta remember, like the people up top said (translated) "WoW is life, your in game friends are better that your RL friends, I stab my RL friend to death if that means Blizzard gave me a loot in WoW"

Deleted
    I definitely would report him, too.
    Cheating is cheating, which I absolutely despise. Friend or not...doesn't really matter. They know about the possible consequences and need to be ready to bear them.

That said, botting says a lot about one's general attitude.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-03-15 at 11:29 PM.

Snitches are bad when when they snitch for personal gain. What your friend does is not for personal gain but for the betterment of whole game. A totally selfless thing I would say. I myelf am too lazy to report anyone.
    Funny thing is you are okay with a cheater as a friend but you don't like a snitch. The only reason I can think of is you would cheat given the opportunity as well.

Be glad you found out your friend was a douchebag,

He turned in a botter? Good for him. Botters have made random bgs almost unplayable. I say good for your friend. As for calling him a "snitch," it isn't like you thugs are robbing banks. But then being hardcore isn't easy is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    With friends like that, who needs enemies?
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Deleted
    Dont do the crime if you cant do the time.

Seriously, dont bot its just weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    its none of my business
    It's that kind of attitude that allows the shit to continue. My friend wouldn't cheat and if they did I would report it myself. I have reported guild members for botting in the past and will continue to do so. The fact that people like yourself don't say anything and allow friends to do it are why they are still around in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Nobody likes a snitch maybe... but does anyone like a botter?