WW monk for average player?

How effective is a ww monk in the hands of an average joe? Would they get more benefit from playing another class? Is it too complex to play in pvp?

Deleted
    I'd recommend an Arms Warrior for the PvP you're looking for. Very easy to play in PvP and even at a somewhat low skill level, they perform well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I reckon it'll be a bit easier to play versus players at the same level. For example at 1400-1500 WW monk is extremely easy to play since most players simply burst through the ability, ending up killing themself. If you're talking about if an average player could handle playing a WW monk at an average level, yeah, I guess so. Warrior would still be easier to play, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's two classes designed for the (worst - average players) and they are DK's and Warriors. An average joe can play both of them at their maximum potential. So I would go with those if you're interested in playing something that requires no skill/awareness and enjoy mashing a pve rotation 90% of the time in a pvp environment.

If you really enjoy playing a Monk, I would just stick with it despite not being able to play it at its peak. Who knows, you might improve or want to play seriously which would mean your best bet would be sticking with your Monk. It feels much more rewarding to play a skilled class knowing that you actually earned your rating rather than playing a tunnel bot class that at some level is throttled to how good its team mates are. To put it in perspective, a 2k Monk is probably a better player skillwise individually than a 2.4k Warrior/DK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Windwalker is one of those classes where you only get as much as you put into it, it can be very dissatisfying if you don't, but you will get rewarded if you do.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    There's two classes designed for the (worst - average players) and they are DK's and Warriors. An average joe can play both of them at their maximum potential. So I would go with those if you're interested in playing something that requires no skill/awareness and enjoy mashing a pve rotation 90% of the time in a pvp environment.

If you really enjoy playing a Monk, I would just stick with it despite not being able to play it at its peak. Who knows, you might improve or want to play seriously which would mean your best bet would be sticking with your Monk. It feels much more rewarding to play a skilled class knowing that you actually earned your rating rather than playing a tunnel bot class that at some level is throttled to how good its team mates are. To put it in perspective, a 2k Monk is probably a better player skillwise individually than a 2.4k Warrior/DK.
    I disagree with the DK. At least unholy. Mostly because of the pet management. Max potential is far off and i barely see any play it good. Not that it's hard to get decently working with it, with keyboard mashing, but it's wrong to say it's that easy.
    Warrior is indeed the best class to go with if it just have to be easy, on top of a far better survivability.
    Monk is really good for 2v2, but sucks for 3v3, so if you want 3v3 as an average joe, you don't want the monk
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

i just get my monk 90 and collected the pvp set.
    in my eyes ww monk is far easier than other classes like ret in pvp (not high rated arena)
    the lag issue can frustate someone but otherwise its fun!
    but yes against a warrior or dk its harder to play or lets just say its not facerolling.

Deleted
    WW monk is very easy class to play, actually there is no "hard class" in the game.

WW is very fluid. You have a ton of mobility and breaks if, like me, you're still learning to not suck and make frequent mistakes. You also have Paralysis on a ridiculously short CD so you can always guarantee your Leg Sweeps and Disables land. You can also do a significant amount of self-healing against 1-2 people.

WW allows for a lot of room for error but you won't see it at all until you're at least at full Grievous. Also, a huge part is trying to snapshot your buffs/procs and using them with abilities like Rising Sun Kick and Fists of Fury. My first Conquest purchase was the Prideful damage proc trinket and when it pops, RSK just makes health bars disappear.

There's nothing wrong with Warriors and my words are those of a very casual, new-to-Arena weekly capper. Hope they help somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    WW monk is very easy class to play, actually there is no "hard class" in the game.
    I disagree. Enhancement Shaman and Shadow Priests are very difficult to play well (competitively). Or at least, that's been the opinion of multiple Gladiators via Twitch conversations (Jahmili, Bahjeera are two most recently asked).

You'l probably preform much better as MW spec.

Don't really think WW Monks are particularly hard. They just aren't particularly good in 3s/5s. Their rotation is fairly simple, keep up Tiger's Palm, use Rising Sun Kick on CD, use Chi Wave on CD, use Blackout Kick when you have spare Chi. The only things you really need to practice are knowing when to run away and heal to live instead of pushing in and continuing to do damage. Your defensives are pretty straight forward, a shield wall to use when you're at ~60% and know you're gonna take big damage, and Karma to use when you're at like 10-20% and healer is CC'd. The rest of the stuff for arenas at least just requires coordination with teammates, which is the same with every class.