Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    The army has to be pretty strong if a suicide mission to blow up the portal is the only way to stop them. We don't know how long after the Siege this happens but Im gonna assume its not enough time to rebuild Orgimmar or move Dalaran all the way over to the dark portal.

Because time cannot be altered in that manner. Going back to before the First War cannot be done according to the rules laid out ahead of us.

Its entirely possible the trip is only possible at the point in time Garrosh escaped.

Not to mention if he goes back to a time before the technology the Iron Horde is using was invented, conquers Azeroth pre-First War, there's a paradox in that the technology he's using was never invented.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Easy, the players need to have some friendly factions to work with them, and if the iron horde take them all out, what neutral/friendly towns will there be in the whole continent?
    Also since Grom is now in charge, we can quickly understand why the attack on Azeroth happened so soon - he's headstrong and impatient. Tell Grom to have patience and he'll just charge off into the sunset with Gorehowl high above his head.

Garrosh possibly wanted them to wait, to build up forces and conquer all of Draenor before returning. Heck, he may not have even wanted the Iron Horde to come to Azeroth at all, and just wanted Draenor. When Grom took the reins and found out about the portal to another world, he couldn't resist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilalia View Post
    But that is because it isn't the case.

When the Iron horde come through the portal they have already conquered Draenor, all of it. With Draenor conquered Garrosh was able to have the horde open a new Dark Portal and attack Azeroth.

But when we the players enter the portal we are thrown into Draenor about two years after Garrosh's arrival. Their side of the Dark Portal isn't opened or even created yet. It's the part where we are sent to the past which has not been explained yet. But the Orcs coming through and the time we enter Draenor are of slightly different eras.
    There is this as well, though I'm not sure how accurate this is. But considering I'm unsure, I'll just say its very probable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardApologist View Post
    Garrosh knows the stories of the original Horde invasion of Azeroth, how they steamrolled the Eastern Kingdoms armies almost to the point of annihilation at the end of Warcraft 1:

However, he must also know that in what was Warcraft 2 we managed to push back the clans to the Dark Portal, seal it off, then even go beyond the Dark Portal and seal it off from there too. While in Warcraft 1 the original Alliance races had no love for one another, in Warcraft 2 they came together and forged the Alliance itself, so during WC1 the Horde had a major tactical advantage.
    The Horde still would have conquered all of Azeroth in WC2 if there was no Guldan-Doomhammer infighting. The Alliance of Lordaeron was not enough to stop them. As far as BtDP, I think most of the best Orc clans went to Azeroth and didnt come back. Nerzhul was like the 4th guy in line to lead the Horde (after Blackhand-Doomhammer/Guldan) so thats how good he was.

Now come WoD, Garrosh hopes to take over Azeroth against a currently strong and unified Alliance with (20-30?) years of improved technology, magic knowledge, freaking Deathknights and on top of that a new race which wasn't there in the original Alliance, the Draenei (won't mention pandaren, they're useless at warfare, and High Elves are replaced by Night Elves)?
    Not only that, but he would also have to face the Azerothian Horde, comprised of Tauren, Trolls, Orcs etc... and Undead.
    Assuming all of this stuff happens if the Horde doesnt invade Azeroth when it was supposed to. Blizz is playing loose games with time travel and calling it a parallel timeline that doesnt affect the present until Garrosh tries to invade. Its also possible that Garrosh thought that he would undo all of the changes that came about because of the Orcish invasion.

In Garrosh's arsenal there would be no bloodlust (he wants the Iron Horde to be pure), no race variety thus only Orcish powers and intellect driving the army and its innovation, some new technologies from Azeroth brought back by Garrosh, which we already know of, no magical knowledge however, so it's gonna be Iron Horde shamanism vs Mages, Warlocks, Priests, Paladins, Shamans, with YEARS of experience in their fields.

Not only that, but this time around Garrosh's new Horde will be fighting a war on two fronts: one within Draenor against the Draenei, now bolstered by Alliance numbers (and Horde?), and one with Nethergarde Keep's forces as well as whatever forces the Alliance and Horde leave behind to defend the Dark Portal exit.
    A lot of this relies on retcons. Orcs had warlocks pre Burning Legion and also necromancers along with shamans. They have plenty of magical power. And they were naturally warlike and had what you call "bloodlust." Also the Dreanei on Draenor were conquered(probably extinct) before the first invasion of Azeroth. A lot of these things are why I really dont like the storyline for WoD, its a huge retcon that is being thrown right in our faces. And not because they history is changed due to time travel, because the history was retconned before the time travel and cant be ignored because its only in books.

In other words, I hate the story in this expansion. It seems to me like they just want to reuse old characters because they think its "cool" but in the meantime they are ruining them and destroying the storylines of the first two games.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2014-03-18 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Assuming all of this stuff happens if the Horde doesnt invade Azeroth when it was supposed to. Blizz is playing loose games with time travel and calling it a parallel timeline that doesnt affect the present until Garrosh tries to invade. Its also possible that Garrosh thought that he would undo all of the changes that came about because of the Orcish invasion.
    I mean, I guess it's possible that he didn't realize the portal would take him to the exact time and dimension he needed to get revenge on those who ousted him from his empire; but that's kind of an odd stretch. Or am I missing your point?

In other words, I hate the story in this expansion. It seems to me like they just want to reuse old characters because they think its "cool" but in the meantime they are ruining them and destroying the storylines of the first two games.
    That's their point, really. So few people remember those games that they're retconning simply out of lack of consequences. Even if they did completely off-the-wall changes, only a tiny, possibly single-digit, percentage of the fans would even know it until websites started filling with complaints about it.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I like all these threads that just totally ignore the fact Garrosh doesn't need to be right, he just needs to think he is. That's all he requires, and I'm sure we'll prove that too.

For now, let's stop worrying about minor details such as these, and focus on the fact that, we don't know anything about the expansion other than what we've been told, and what we've been told is not very detailed at all. Let's just see this go down, then judge it.

Garrosh has knowledge of past mistakes and how to avoid them. He has brought back with him modern technology. We will also be fighting on his turf; they can hold us back at their portal and have an advantage of actually knowing their home world. In addition, his enemies have distrust of each other and are drained after killing each other for ten years.

It's like America, having lost massive amounts of resources and troops after a decade long war, finally touching down in Japan, which has all of America's technology, can only invade Japan through a single harbor, with millions of Japanese that are familiar with their home, going to battle..

Same reason Germany tried to conquer Europe 30 years after they failed....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    The Horde still would have conquered all of Azeroth in WC2 if there was no Guldan-Doomhammer infighting. The Alliance of Lordaeron was not enough to stop them. As far as BtDP, I think most of the best Orc clans went to Azeroth and didnt come back. Nerzhul was like the 4th guy in line to lead the Horde (after Blackhand-Doomhammer/Guldan) so thats how good he was.
    And again the if there was no Alliance-Alterac infighting then the horde wouldn't have besieged Lordaeron to nearly win the war. The Alliance were doing relatively fine, managing to push the Horde back south before the betrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dessan View Post
    I like all these threads that just totally ignore the fact Garrosh doesn't need to be right, he just needs to think he is. That's all he requires, and I'm sure we'll prove that too.

For now, let's stop worrying about minor details such as these, and focus on the fact that, we don't know anything about the expansion other than what we've been told, and what we've been told is not very detailed at all. Let's just see this go down, then judge it.
    Very true, Garrosh just needs to believe what he is doing is right, which essentially is his reasoning for all that he's done anyway. Although he was and probably still is on a personal glory pursuit.