Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is the Kor'Kron the strongest militairy power of Warcraft?

Simple question, is the Kor'Kron the strongest army out there?
    Or are there any other good armies out there that wipes out the kor'kron easily?

Outside like legion/scourge or w/e.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Didn't the Kor'kron take some really heavy losses during the Siege? I'd say they're not exactly at their strongest right now, considering they lost their leader and at least one of their big important generals, not to mention probably tons of nameless soldiers.

And the fact that the Warchief is no longer an Orc. If the Kor'kron even still exists at all, I imagine that what's left of it can no longer be considered "Strongest military power" by any stretch.

Their capitol was just sacked and their leaders killed or captured. Whatever is still remaining isn't much of a threat to anybody right now.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they were the strongest, but certainly a force to be reckoned with. Each race in Warcraft has a powerful military of their own, heck even the Shado-pan, though few in number held off the invasion of the Mantid.

Kor'kron would seem to be rather finished in my opinion. The name is tarnished by what they did under Garrosh, I imagine they'll be liquidated and new Orc force reformed under the likes of Thrall or Saurfang in Vol'jins Horde.

Deleted
    Kor'kon used to be Thrall's personal guard and perhaps the finest military unit Horde had at its disposal. They grew even stronger during Garrosh rule so yeah, as a single army Kor'kon knew no equal besides 7th Legion during WotLK. The fact that it took combined forces of both Alliance and Horde to break through them to Garrosh proves just how mighty they were.

I hope Saurfang takes control over the Kor'Kron again and reform it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Certainly not anymore, but eh, what we saw of them in SoO was impressive enough.

It's just scale and exposure though. I'm sure if we saw the entirety of the Forsaken Dreadguard or 7th Legion in a raid, they'd be portrayed as just as strong.

Deleted
    Pretty sure Kor'kron has disbanded, so no.

"We put their name to the test"

Not every race has a named elite fighting force, some have more than one that fill different roles, so it is hard to compare. The Kor'kron were impressive though. They may have suffered under Garrosh, though, since he turned them from what once seemed an expeditionary force that had a dual role to protect the Warchief, into a police force deployed against his own people. That is famously demoralizing to military units throughout history.

I hope that they are reconstituted in Vol'jin's regime -- they are still an important symbol. Saurfang in charge, or maybe build up Eitrigg's boy, something with a "A".

7th legion is the alliance counterpart right? im guessing they would be equally good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Blizzard would let the Sentinals let loose.....if they did i think they could pretty much take out any army(not including scourge/legion). They were like the biggest opposition to the Legion,they have Ancients,Demigods,Treants and Elune behind them.Blizz really nerfed them after Warcraft 3.
    7th Legion and Korkron are strong but i'm tired of Orcs and Humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were pretty formidable in thier short while, but I'd say Garrosh found an even better force in the Iron Horde.

7th Legion and SI:7 are neither one race-exclusive, so 7th isn't a strict counterpart to the Kor'kron. Sentinels would be closer. The Blood Knight order and Farstriders as well. Tauren have some sort of hunting faction don't they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Right before the raid we did when Gary threw the heart into the pool was when the Kor'Kron where at their peak. I mean Think about it They had Zaelia, Galakras and all her dragon brood protecting the waters. Blackfuse's Iron Juggernaut protecting the gates. Past the gates they have the twisted and tainted Dark Shaman. You reach General Nazgrim and all the Kor'Kron foot soldiers he commands, Rogues, Hunters, Shaman, Warriors, and Mages. You have the roided up Malkorok. Then Spoils, all the beings that garrosh has deemed useful to him, from mantid generals, to melee mantid, fliers that can air drop boxes, as well as the Mogu and their dark twisted magics and lets not forget the anima golems. Then the culmination of all of his spoils of war Thok. Garrosh then has Blackfuse his master engineer and all his creations. His last line of defense would be the Paragons of the Klaxxi and all of their unique individual skills and abilities. And then we have Gary and the power he can syphon from the heart.

mind you this is all before we can in and fucked shit up. But our interference barring its a pretty powerful faction. I want to say its more powerful than The Legion
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    7th Legion and Korkron are strong but i'm tired of Orcs and Humans.
    Yeap, that's why I liked the Argent Dawn/Crusade so much, it was a union of some of the finest the horde AND alliance had to offer. Hell they even accepted Forsaken and Death Knights into their ranks. And this bond of unity that transcended simple boundaries like race and faction ended up making them a force strong enough to stop even the Lich King himself.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    7th Legion and SI:7 are neither one race-exclusive, so 7th isn't a strict counterpart to the Kor'kron. Sentinels would be closer. The Blood Knight order and Farstriders as well. Tauren have some sort of hunting faction don't they?
    Never heard of a hunter community besides Nesingwary.

I don't think the Kor'kron would be the strongest military faction in Azeroth. Consider the other powers in the Warcraft Universe right now.

- Kor'kron (now defunct)
    - Iron Horde (soon)
    - 7th Legion
    - Azshara's Naga (Possibly teamed up with N'zoth's Faceless)
    - Titan Pantheon
    - The Burning Legion
    - Army of the Light (Players, Alliance and Horde forces combined)

There are plenty of factions out there that could easily knock out the Kor'kron.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    I just ment the kor'kron before the siege.
    even during the siege it required all races to push through of them.
    Which is kinda insane!
    Last edited by Gimlix; 2014-03-16 at 05:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Yeap, that's why I liked the Argent Dawn/Crusade so much, it was a union of some of the finest the horde AND alliance had to offer. Hell they even accepted Forsaken and Death Knights into their ranks. And this bond of unity that transcended simple boundaries like race and faction ended up making them a force strong enough to stop even the Lich King himself.
    If it wasnt for deus ex machina they would have lost.

I don't think the Kor'kron by itself was all that strong, the problem was Garrosh was into some bad stuff and needed removed. Yeah it took a lot effort to get into Org but like in real life few people can hold out in a well fortified position when assaulted by many.

I would say that the SoO Kor'kron where less powerful as a military then the current army of the scourge under Bolavar. The Kor'kron wouldn't have been more then a bug to squash in the path of the Alliance army in combat in the open field considering a unified Horde was a match for the Alliance.

TL;DR - Orc's alone are weak. Warcraft history has shown cooperation is the only way to have victory.