Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    No way, I'm pretty sure if they hadn't have just said "lol Org is ours now" any number of races could have posed a serious threat.

We didn't exactly have a huge backing during SoO, there were a few appearances, but no major force stomping their way through half the place with us. Just that one little section before Spoils etc. I'd even say that Bolvar LK still has stronger forces and could decimate them if it came to it. Not to mention the fact that the Klaxxi were the second to last boss in the raid not the Kor'kron and sure it was their paragons, but imagine the whole might of the mantid army raining down on Orgimmar, I don't see there being many survivors, only reason the Panda's held them off so long was that big ass wall.

the forsaken is by far the strongest.
    with the valkyr, they have a nearly endless army.
    being undead makes them free from the need to sleep, eat, breathe (lore reasons, cant actually be in game due to balance).
    their plague is an unparalleled weapon. see wrathgate
    would have won gilneas with minimal aid from the horde (merely an oversight committee) if not for the humans and night elves swooping in and aiding the gilneans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Kor'kon used to be Thrall's personal guard and perhaps the finest military unit Horde had at its disposal. They grew even stronger during Garrosh rule so yeah, as a single army Kor'kon knew no equal besides 7th Legion during WotLK. The fact that it took combined forces of both Alliance and Horde to break through them to Garrosh proves just how mighty they were.
    Actually, no. They were in a Defensive position, which is always easier to handle. And they fell like toilet paper to Gnomes. Yes, that bit underground, where the gnomes rush in and turn them all into chickens, and blocks of ice. And Gnomes are not the most powerful Army in the game, but they Pwned the Kor'kon in seconds.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2014-03-18 at 03:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they're supposed to be a very strong fighting force but when 10 rather ordinary people who will soon be collecting boar poop can take them out it makes one wonder.

On-topic: I would agree with Vyrd about the Forsaken. Theoretically they would be extremely powerful given their....attributes.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-03-18 at 04:12 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I would say the Argent Crusade were the Hammer at Icecrown that gathered the pure military might to take a stand in Zul'Drak and Icecrown and effectively halt the unstoppable. Combining a Military force with the powers of the Divine the effectively halted the unstoppable scourge in Zul'Drak, Icecrown and Eastern Plaguelands.

While the Knights of the Ebon Blade could be just as powerful I think their hesitation to become like Arthas holds them back from taking any action in full force ever again.

Those are my two picks. Kor'Kron never impressed me and they never will. As armies go they are as vanilla as it gets.

Edit: I forgot to mention the Kael Thas' Alliance (The Sunfury). Blood Elves broke their entire nation out of jail, survived everything Lorderon and a Armies of Pandaren (Bonus Round) had to throw at them, conquered Outland and Enslaved a Naruu and kicked the rest of them out of their own space ships. Demon Hunters, High Magisters, Master Engineers, Warlocks, Arcanists, Warriors, Priests, Paladins their race had it all.

Had the Sunwell never been destroyed his armies could have kicked the Iron Hordes ass in short order. Not only that but they would probably steal their technology and end up using it against them. Probably turn their own portal into a Black hole on their end too using their advanced knowledge of the Arcane with Orcs are still pretty clueless about.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2014-03-18 at 05:35 AM.

Deleted
    Kor'Kron is/was the strongest.

But if the Forsaken gets to use the plague and Val'kyrs, yeah GG everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    It's hard to be the strongest when almost all of them died recently.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think many underestimate the power of the plague the Forsaken had, you don't have to fight conventionally to be the strongest military power. I'm pretty sure if it weren't for Garrosh etc. telling them to hold off on their WMD then you could say the group of alchemists the Forsaken have are by far the scariest and deadliest military force in WoW regarding the two factions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post

But if the Forsaken gets to use the plague and Val'kyrs, yeah GG everyone else
    Beat me to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    being undead makes them free from the need to sleep, eat, breathe (lore reasons, cant actually be in game due to balance).
    would have won gilneas with minimal aid from the horde (merely an oversight committee) if not for the humans and night elves swooping in and aiding the gilneans.
    Beat both of us too it.
    Hey everyone

I don't think counting out the Kor'kron as a formidable force just because we (the players) raided the city is fair. That's like saying the scourge are a bunch of wussies because ICC is a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I just ment the kor'kron before the siege.
    even during the siege it required all races to push through of them.
    Which is kinda insane!
    Defender's advantage.

Infact considering how quickly the seige cracked Orgrimmar, I'd say their fighting capabilities were rather limited overall.

Plus many of the troops on Garrosh's side weren't Kor'kron. The Dragonmaw aren't Kor'kron, and neither were some of the other Orcs. Then there's Blackfuse's mercenaries, the Mogu relics and the Mantid. Without those, the Kor'kron was actually a relatively small force.

On the field, the Kor'kron would be swiftly crushed by any other army without support of their allies. Behind a wall, they could hold out for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    Honestly it was more then that - Orgimmar supplied the Forsaken with air support. And beating the Gilneans on the field was easy enough considering the state of their forces at the time.

The mere fact that the Forsaken were then ground to a halt by the Worgen afterwards suggests the Forsaken are not as powerful as all that. Not to mention the battle of Andorhal was a close thing, considering the Forsaken had much shorter supply routes.

Deleted
    since they were Garrosh`s mad guard dog , they should be disbanded for crimes against the people of the horde. I dont think there are many of them left , or that any dare to show their faces now with the new leadership of the horde

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Actually, no. They were in a Defensive position, which is always easier to handle. And they fell like toilet paper to Gnomes. Yes, that bit underground, where the gnomes rush in and turn them all into chickens, and blocks of ice. And Gnomes are not the most powerful Army in the game, but they Pwned the Kor'kon in seconds.
    Well they had to throw bone to the gnome lovers.

Kor'kron were indeed a force to be reckoned with. Sent to babysit other races and fortify important areas for the horde. Remember Battle for Undercity? Kor'kron got to play cleanup crew after they personally assisted Thrall and Sylvanas. You got to see their insane military might in Siege and only fell to the combined might of both factions each bringing their own army.

There is no question that they are completely annihilated. The treasurer, many many overseers(rip Runthak), and their strongest warriors/shamans/shadowmages fell(Haromm/Kardris, Nazgrim, Zaela is MIA until WoD, Malkorok and Garrosh himself).

I think The Forsaken war machine is now the strongest and if you've ever been to new Silverpine Forest, it's obvious and completely retarded how strong it is. The Wrathgate is obviously a good example of how they kinda just came out of nowhere(okay so what, all those quests in hillsbrad with the poisons were you actually helping them genocide peeps, it was an honest mistake!). Now Sylvanas doesn't give a fuck and has Val'kyr(which is also retarded lore wise because the reason she hated Arthas was that she was denied a peaceful afterlife, and now she is doing the same fucking thing to all these corpses she turns into Forsaken.)

Deleted
    Aren't all of the Forsaken Val'kyr officially dead? http://wowpedia.org/Val%27kyr#Notable_Val.27kyr

Quote Originally Posted by Hildefuns View Post
    Aren't all of the Forsaken Val'kyr officially dead? http://wowpedia.org/Val%27kyr#Notable_Val.27kyr
    Not all, some still remain.
    And the "less important" val'kyr, who can resurrect lesser beings (?) are still at large in the Forsaken ranks.

Edit (?) = they can resurrect normal undead, but not powerful beings like Sylvanas.
    Last edited by Ghostile; 2014-03-18 at 11:21 AM.

four of the 9 remain if I remember and there are many lesser val'kyr for resurrection of forces.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2014-03-18 at 12:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Well they had to throw bone to the gnome lovers.
    True, and what a bone it was.

The thing is the Kor'Kron is like the German SS, they were bad ass when dealing with untrained locals, but the second a real fighting force showed up they folded, retreated, died, and got charged with war crimes.

People want to glorify Orcs, and frankly not once have they proven worthy of the adoration they get. So far only Thrall has any backbone, and Honor. The rest like to talk tough but seldom follow through. I'm sure Vol'jin can fix things for the horde, he seems worthy of Honor.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were before Siege, yes. They may have been idiots, but they were led by very capable leaders. Now... smushed.