Heroic Siege of orgrimmar question !!

Hey ....
    I am a pugger, just to clear that up and here is my character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ytank/advanced
    I just killed Garrosh on normal in a pug today (Yippee!) and I have an ilvl of 560. I was thinking if I would be able to do heroics from next week in pugs(at least immerse and maybe protectors/norushen).
    The problem is : I have neglected to kill Paragons of the Klaxxi so far(mainly because I just joined a group doing Garrosh to try and get a boss down since I can't raid for rest of the lockout but also because I feel like I don't need klaxxi loot).

My questions are:
    1)Will I be able to enter the instance with 13/14 N(Garrosh killed but klaxxi not killed) as a pug leader ? Would I be able to join someone else's pug for HC bosses?
    2)Do you think I will be able to tank the heroics with relative ease(I know all tactics thanks to fatboss and reading up in places) with my gear assuming tactics are no issues?

Thanks

1. As far as I know, you will be able to enter the instance as pug leader. Of course you will be able to enter someone elses group as well even if you hadn't killed garrosh.

2. Yes you can, I don't think there should be any problembs tanking heroics with that gear since it's far better what people had when we started hcs. Of course lot of people like higher ilevel, but it gets pretty damn difficult to get last few slots up to normal gear and shouldn't be needed as skills are more important if you reach certain gear level.

Should be fine in theory...

But Pugging Heroic raids most likely won't work, as most people who want to do heroics are already in a guild that does them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mepeteatu View Post
    Should be fine in theory...

But Pugging Heroic raids most likely won't work, as most people who want to do heroics are already in a guild that does them.
    depends, sometimes you find some well geared alts of some heroic raiders. And you can do some bosses on heroic mode.

True.

Heroic Norushen and Galakras have few differences and are more gear dependant than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrhym View Post
    depends, sometimes you find some well geared alts of some heroic raiders. And you can do some bosses on heroic mode.
    On Draenor-EU we have 3-4 25HC pre-made runs during the weekend that clear quite a few bosses every week with only 1 day/week schedule.

Best run is 12/14 25HC currently and the players are 95% from the top guilds of the server having a blast on their alts.

If you are on a busy server, chances are there are a few 25HC guilds who make 25HC alt runs.

Stormscale has quite a few hc puggers and clear 4-6 bosses per run. I highly suspect they are alts though. So i think finding raiders would not be an issue and i can try to get some heroic fun and loot till my guild starts raiding

Also lazel, i currently have 3 prot tier pieces(all acquired this week which is why i havent equipped them yet - will replace my ret gloves and my ordos chest with upgrades next lockout). I have been working towards getting tier pieces, but only managed to win them this week. I think that the tier head would be better than tier legs for me sice i have the warforged ordos haste mastery legs and normal haste mastery helm, wont it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    On Draenor-EU we have 3-4 25HC pre-made runs during the weekend that clear quite a few bosses every week with only 1 day/week schedule.

Best run is 12/14 25HC currently and the players are 95% from the top guilds of the server having a blast on their alts.
    and 3/4 of those are the same people only on multiple alts with the super high requirments to get into group and stick with it - was in those group and atmospere is just meh with those who arent guildfriends of RL terrorized, too afriad to point out clear douchebagery of some people and kicking people midraid to make place for guildies cause its the only chance to succesfully run soo on alt - oh ye and then making fun of those who perform little weaker then those who are already 14/14 Hc for a longer while.

u can have much nicer runs if u pug urself on wednesday to hc guild run unless somebody like such enviroment where only and alone thing which counts is sheer numebers.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-03-16 at 05:32 PM.

So tier helm it is, if i can get my hands on a token.

Quote Originally Posted by ptsunami2911 View Post
    I was thinking if I would be able to do heroics from next week in pugs(at least immerse and maybe protectors/norushen).
    Immerseus is not the easiest heroic on 10-man. Norushen, Galakras, Fallen Protectors and Nazgrim are all easier, in my opinion. 10-man Heroic Immerseus requires a much higher level of coordination and raid awareness then many other heroics and I would seriously question anyone who thinks it is a PUG-friendly fight, unless you plan to require raid achievements you don't have.

Norushen and Galakras are the two easiest to PUG. Fallen Protectors and Nazgrim don't require a lot of strategy adjustments, but they do require much higher levels of execution than even normal Garrosh, which is a pretty serious PUG-slayer. My advice to you would be to find a guild, even if you only want a bench slot.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some help to hc Soo progression for tank. Some of the bosses are easy to tank on hc, some are not. Pugs are brainless, even if you tell them where exactly to go and what to do , they will stil fail.

1) Immerseus - common adds/boss. Problem- stop damage when you have stacks.
    2) Protectors - same as normal with more damage. Some grps are kiling two at start to have double transition- its easier if you have raid cd's , than dealing with 2 phases one after another.
    3) Norushen- tons of magic damage, alot of adds, that one require some fast tank reactions
    4) Sha- same as normal
    5) Galakras- same as normal
    6) Scorpion- painfull boss even for some guild grps. Alot of oneshotting damage, also requires tanks to use all their anti-magic Cd's and saves to survive.
    7) Shamans- kite Earthbreaker into the garrosh house. thats all.
    8) Nazgrim- same as normal with more damage.
    After that the hard part begins, mainly with heavy DPS check.
    9) Malkorok- that one is also a pain because it requires a good raid coordination and communication. every fail that was healable in normal is fatal here. You will need a tank with -40 AOE trinket for transition phase to solotank it.
    10) Boxes- Heavy dps check. Tanks will need to open: green + green, big + 2 small, 2 medium, 5 small, 1 big, 2 medium, erm one medium or w/e. If you slack even 1 bit, you will have the enrage timer. But if you will open them way too fast the other grp will be overwhelmed with sparks, and die too. A good way to deal with sparks is a healer with a green buff that is doing AOE.
    11) Thok- dont think its puggable.
    12) Siegecrafter. Well, if you will manage to kill malkorok heroic with a pug, you should try this. Tank boss exactly at mines spawn, near shredders. Kill shredders at boss. Stacks -strike #, Tank (stacks on tank) : 1MT (1),2MT (2),3MT (3),4MT (4),5OT (1),6MT (5),7OT (2),8MT (6),9OT (3),10-MT (7),11OT (4),12OT (5),13OT (6), after that the cycle repeats. Assembly line - no idea about 10man, really, i mean is it doable for ONE hunter or not.
    Last edited by bagosham; 2014-03-16 at 07:37 PM.

Especially if you're a paladin. It is, however, the most useful trinket for that situation and even the LFR version would be worth using if you have it.

However, if you're legitimately PUGing as far as Malkorok on Heroic, I'm impressed and you probably don't need advice from me.
    Last edited by Adhemar; 2014-03-16 at 08:23 PM.

How about both tanks soaking the malkorok phase 2? The debuf only applies on healer and dos and roots them till dipelled, right?
    I think holy avenger would be the best talent there for max sotr uptime.

Though i dont hope to get so far. Maybe just one or two bosses probably.

But if solo soaking, te tank swapping should be managed such that the solo soaker doesnt have the debuff, right?

Also, are there any boss specific weakauras string that might be useful? The only one i can think of is immerseus debuff. I have a few prot paladin weakauras like bog, sotr uptime, cds etc but i havent bothered spamming div prot mainly because i dont have 2 piece but also because i dont feel the need to use it on cd and try to save it for spikes. Will start spamming with 2pc tho.

And on klaxxi normal, whe korven bashes the tank and uses vicious assault, should the other tank taunt him off and pop a cd? Because i feel that the damage is very high and i end up being bought very low if i didnt manage to pop a cd before the stun.

Yo man...

First of all.. Gratz on the Garrosh Kill.. I'd suggest you to finish Klaxxi as well.. Yes you can join someone else's raid even without a klaxxi kill..

Secondly - Sorry to burst your bubble but Pugging heroics is difficult (Even Immerseus or Fallen Protectors).. People underestimate the amount of damage output from Immerseus and more or less.. they wipe.. Find a good guild and start raiding with them.. As for tanking your gear is good to start heroics.. but remember that Skill>ilvl.. good knowledge on how to tank as a paladin should help you as well

How about both tanks soaking the malkorok phase 2? The debuf only applies on healer and dos and roots them till dipelled, right?
    I think holy avenger would be the best talent there for max sotr uptime.

Though i dont hope to get so far. Maybe just one or two bosses probably.
    Both tanks soaking is actually more damage to be healed, because the stacking debuff is a flat damage taken increase. You can practice solo tanking it in normal if you want to (it's insanely easy on normal, but it will give you an idea of the mechanics).

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    You don't need aoe reduction trinket to solo soak on malkorok heroic.
    Yeh agreed.. But its a must have for a DK tank atleast since we only have IBF as a strong mitigation skill.. I start with IBF and stack as many Bloodshields as possible to prevent the spike and save my trinket for the end

Ah right, i forgot about the debuff :P

As to heroics being hard to pug and finding a guild group, i currently cant devote time to a fixed raiding schedule(real life stuff :P) but i in a guild that looks to start raiding soon(bunch of friends of mine who were dedicated raiders beforw but took breaks and met me in a pug) and i hope to do some progression(haha, so late in the tier ^^) with them, but cant raid as a guild yet mainly due to missing last 2 members of roster and rl stuff. Till then, i might as well pug as much as i can especially asthere are many peple on my realm who pug a few hc bosses per week ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how do i log my fights? I heard of people talking about logging but am blank as to that. It might help me analyze some of my dexisions and general play.

Deleted
    2)Do you think I will be able to tank the heroics with relative ease(I know all tactics thanks to fatboss and reading up in places) with my gear assuming tactics are no issues?
    Yes, assuming you find average raiders you will be able to tank nearly the entire instance with ease with very few to no wipes at that item level.