Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Every guild that is working on Siegecrafter/Paragons/Garrosh at this point are fully heroic geared from the previous bosses. If they still can't get the 3 last down, it means their players aren't cut for raiding at that level. Siegecrafter was nerfed quite majorly with the belt and overload damage and Paragons also was nerfed quite majorly since a lot of the deaths in that fight were Lines+Hisek's multi shot.
    Being that it may be true in some cases, it does not mean it's true in all cases. My guild has been constantly recruiting the entire tier, but the majority of people we get seem to be ones who thought Dragon Soul was hardcore raiding because as soon as we hit Thok and Blackfuse, they started to drop like flies. Clearing spoils before the holidays, it took until January to get Thok. Yes, that means the raiders who dropped were obviously not cut out for it, but that does not cover the core 15 or so people that are being held back by the 5-10 that can't cut it.

As for the OP: SoO isn't getting old for me. I run my heroic progression and an alt 10 man with my guild. Granted, once I have it on farm, I might get a bit bored of it, but we do need to get 25 people a mount off of Garrosh. I like to change it up by playing two rather different classes (Prot Paladin and Prot Warrior).
    Last edited by Mojibake; 2014-03-16 at 08:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    Being that it may be true in some cases, it does not mean it's true in all cases. My guild has been constantly recruiting the entire tier, but the majority of people we get seem to be ones who thought Dragon Soul was hardcore raiding because as soon as we hit Thok and Blackfuse, they started to drop like flies. Clearing spoils before the holidays, it took until January to get Thok. Yes, that means the raiders who dropped were obviously not cut out for it, but that does not cover the core 15 or so people that are being held back by the 5-10 that can't cut it.
    dragon soul raiders should be based on the date it was cleared, a 5% clear vs a 35% clear is like someone who killed lei shen heroic, and someone who got horridon heroic xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's been out for around half a year now without any major changes or any impending content. Does Blizz just expect us to keep killing the same bosses week after week for this length of time? It seems really ridiculous. The game is getting so boring when it's just the same thing week after week for months on end.

Is there more content planned soon for this xpac or are we just expected to keep killing Garrosh for another 6 months? Are people actually satisfied with this?
    So what you do is leave for awhile. WoW shouldn't be your life to the point where a game is insufficient for you. I have only ran the first wing of Siege on LFR but didn't run the rest because queues were long and I said I would come back and run it when the player base gets smarter about the fights (such as how LFR can often take out Lei Shen without assigning group because everybody simply just knows to spread out). I have been unsubscribed for months, but I intend to come back and finish the raid and finish gathering my runestones so I can get the cloak. But ultimately, I am more excited for Warlords of Draenor.

You can thank LFR for that feeling. It was the same way with Dragon Soul.

Whether or not people have cleared Siege on heroic is irrelevant. People have been clearing the place and killing Garrosh since late October when the final wing of LFR was open. Instead of progressing through the raid with a guild in a more paced environment, people just queue up and clear it multiple times per week on all of their characters.

ICC drug-out for an entire year, but because there was no LFR, the final raid tier of Wrath was not as accessible to be cleared as often by as many players as we are seeing today. Although a majority of players back then were setting up pugs to clear it and doing GDKP runs, which added an element of fun - it still required some organization and planning.

When you have the general population clearing the final raid tier on a weekly basis for months at a time, raids are going to lose their appeal much, much quicker than they ever did before. LFR or heroic doesn't matter; it's not the mechanics people are tired of, but the raid itself, which looks and feels the same regardless of what difficulty you clear it on.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should open Flex and Normal up to soloqueue so that way everyone else can start getting burned out on it.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    You can thank LFR for that feeling. It was the same way with Dragon Soul.
    I disdain LFR as much as the next guy, but I don't really think it's to blame for this particular strain of complaint. People complained just as loudly about ToC and ICC being out for too long (and in the case of ToC, I personally think those complaints probably had some merit). I do find it interesting when people who run the content on "tourist mode" complain about it being old, because for me the content isn't stale until I've had a chance to problem-solve my way through it. And thankfully, with the addition of flex, I really didn't feel like I had to grind out anything but the Immerseus trinket from LFR (I don't think I've ever even killed Garrosh there).

I don't envy the people that are playing wow right now... I sugest trying other games meanwhile.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

I'll still play WoW but once I'm done with Heroic im not going to PvE anymore just PvP and level other toons might continue to run on my DK for the BOA drop but even still. *yawn*

If you feel that way, you may aswell unsub until the expansion.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    I disdain LFR as much as the next guy, but I don't really think it's to blame for this particular strain of complaint. People complained just as loudly about ToC and ICC being out for too long (and in the case of ToC, I personally think those complaints probably had some merit). I do find it interesting when people who run the content on "tourist mode" complain about it being old, because for me the content isn't stale until I've had a chance to problem-solve my way through it. And thankfully, with the addition of flex, I really didn't feel like I had to grind out anything but the Immerseus trinket from LFR (I don't think I've ever even killed Garrosh there).
    ToC was out like 4 months before it got replaced by ICC. The major problems with ToC were that it was small, had 4 difficulties with different lockouts and gated week by week to start.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    If its getting old now, have fun 6 months from now when you are still running it.
    u mr are a super optimist if u think its gonna be only 6 months considering we have no signs of beta anywhere to be on horizon

ICC lasted a year
    Dragon Soul lasted a year
    Siege will last about a year

I dont see where the problem is
    Bleh

Gives 10M guilds time to recruit to 20+ people since they are deleting our raid format.
    Minimerlinx - Kel'Thuzad (US)

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD! Apply here!

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    inb4 ppl come running in screeming "if you dont like it unsub" sadly yes they do im hoping by the time the pvp season is done they will give us 6.0
    This really. Seasons run for 20-25 weeks. This season is about 4 weeks old. 20-25 weeks is about 5 months. We should get 6.0 in July or August at this rate. I'm ok with farming SoO until then. Like ICC, SoO is a decent enough raid that the content isn't old for me just yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    Gives 10M guilds time to recruit to 20+ people since they are deleting our raid format.
    I too am in a 10m guild and they aren't "deleting your raid format". Jesus fuck get over the mythic change. It's a much better raiding system than what we've had since Cataclysm. This is about the stupidest argument I've seen... Just recruit 10 more people or clear out Heroic and recruit while you're clearing Heroic. You're going to have about 2 weeks of leveling and gearing in the new expansion before being ready to start raiding anyway. That should give you about a month of recruiting before Mythic starts up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    I don't envy the people that are playing wow right now... I sugest trying other games meanwhile.
    This. Take a break and come back for 6.0

Killing Garrosh in LFR is no different to me than killing him on Heroic. This is in large part why MoP has been so boring.

I can cheese my way through LFR and experience an entire raid. Then I just do the same thing over and over and over and over while I up the difficulty a little bit each time until he dies on Heroic.

I don't play WoW for the gear. It will always be useless sometime in the future. I play it to experience Warcraft and to put effort into experiencing unique moments only serious effort can earn.

When that effort is trivialized, I spend that time and my money elsewhere.

Thats why there is an unsubscribe button. Doesn't have to be because you hate the game or anything, but its not like the game is your life. Its boring atm since there has been no new content, so unsubscribe until there is. People doing that is what caused the more rapid content updates of MoP, keep it up and it will make them faster.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Thats why there is an unsubscribe button. Doesn't have to be because you hate the game or anything, but its not like the game is your life. Its boring atm since there has been no new content, so unsubscribe until there is. People doing that is what caused the more rapid content updates of MoP, keep it up and it will make them faster.
    Unsubbing for boredom isn't as much of an option for us in raid guilds, esp in 10H guilds. Losing one key person can destroy everything for the other 9 people.

Unsubbing is much easier if all you do is AFK through LFR. Unfortunately, some of us have made commitments to our friends.

This could actually be the longest final raid tier ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Halsynd View Post
    ICC lasted a year
    Dragon Soul lasted a year
    Siege will last about a year

I dont see where the problem is
    ICC lasted just under a year, DS lasted from November 29, 2011 to August 28, 2012. So more like 9 months.
    Last edited by Every Pwny; 2014-03-16 at 09:21 PM.

i unsubbed 2 months ago so it does not bother me.