Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How can 2s be so broken?

Yes ok, its 2s. It was always flawed, but seriously...

As a SP, you enter the arena, you see a warrior and a dk just run through the arena and charge stun, baldestorm , apshyxiate and im dead. ok nice

Also it feels like casters (besides mage) are dead, if not in a very nice working double dps combo. No matter what caster you take, if you pair it with a healer and you meet healer/warrior or UDK it feels already like a win when you get a cast of...well ok, seriously now...i hardly bring him below 50% and they never need to use serious def cds....

unbalanced ok, but for several classes just not playable...hmm

If i would have to describe how my gameplay feels:

Its like being attached with the feet in the sand, while the tide is rising. Starting with the water at the chin... (if you know what i mean)

You already answered yourself. Arena isn't balanced around 2v2 at all.

How many Blizzard quotes / forum treads / discussion topics / etc do people need to understand that 2s will never be balanced?

Not the answer you will have been looking for OP, but the others are right. There isn't (and never has been?) any attempt to balance things around the 2v2 bracket.

It feels brutally unfair when you're on the loser end of the balance, but balancing things around 2's seems completely impossible to me.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

I find it amusing that people always point out 2v2 will never be balanced, as if 3v3 or 5v5 are. Arena is and always has been a joke, and no bracket will ever be balanced. You might as well do it entirely for fun, or gear, and not worry about how competitive it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I find it amusing that people always point out 2v2 will never be balanced, as if 3v3 or 5v5 are.
    Very true. I will say though I've seen more variety in 2s this season than in 3s (first season of MoP really was nothing but Warrior/Healer). And I'm running Rogue/Ele at 1650ish (1584+ in 2s is currently duelist), so you definitely don't need a healer (and other casters are viable).

its not balanced around 2s but 3s(well somehow i should be at least).
    the differenz between this 2 are much bigger than you would think.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is one of those shitty wizards that get glassed by scrubs like me playing mindless trash classes. They just bend over and take it with some little feeble resistance to make it seem as if they're trying.

The truth is Wizards are actually good in 2's, they just have a very high learning curve to be effective at it. People like the OP complain about the game instead of finding out ways to improve.

Whenever I see Warr + Resto Druid I die a little inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    OP is one of those shitty wizards that get glassed by scrubs like me playing mindless trash classes. They just bend over and take it with some little feeble resistance to make it seem as if they're trying.

The truth is Wizards are actually good in 2's, they just have a very high learning curve to be effective at it. People like the OP complain about the game instead of finding out ways to improve.
    WoW has wizards now? how cool.

You obviously haven't played a shadow priest this season...

this is just .....poor

lol

If PvP balance was set around 1 vs 1 then maybe every other bracket could be balanced too.

Unfortunately, even if you discount healers, there's no balance between classes at all - its a case of rock paper scissors assuming equal gear and skill. Which evens out more when you include more players, but when its 2 vs 2 you rarely get an even match.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4umtroll View Post
    WoW has wizards now? how cool.
    Yes, it has.

It's not even rock, paper, scissors. It's an unpredictable inconsistent mess over time. Some papers have more scissors than others.

So it's time to give us full reward 1on1 Arena, as it isn't balanced anyway, not for 2v2 or 3v3 or anything else that's not an exact mirror match.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    You already answered yourself. Arena isn't balanced around 2v2 at all.
    So, why not remove it? Why should areas of the game be reserved for the entertainment of special snowflakes in PvP? Can you imagine the Blizztards designing a boss in 2014 called Giant Douche that can't be downed, then telling the players, "Sorry, we don't balance PvE around whether it's possible to down Giant Douche." Why put Giant Douche in the game? What is the point of 2v2, exactly, if it's not an area of the game you're willing to make rewarding for most players? Why not add rated 1v1, like people have been asking for years? They'll say "because we can't balance it". Well, they're talking out of both sides of their ass. Why does their rationale apply to one, but not the other? It's a clown argument, and that's why we get posts like this, no matter how many times they say that stupid excuse.

They did used to balance around 2v2 and PvP in this game was all the better for it.

Of course it wasn't truly balanced but it was a helluvalot more balanced than even 3's is now.

The "we don't balance around 2v2" is a cop out excuse to make everyone think they're actually doing something for PvP when they aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post
    It's not even rock, paper, scissors. It's an unpredictable inconsistent mess over time. Some papers have more scissors than others.

So it's time to give us full reward 1on1 Arena, as it isn't balanced anyway, not for 2v2 or 3v3 or anything else that's not an exact mirror match.
    3v3s are pretty nicely balanced atm, nearly every (non tank) spec is vaible to glad.

On the topic, spriest/ele shaman tend to suck in 2s , you can get some rating by playing with a rogue afaik. On the general all casters suck statement, boomkins are gods in 2s and lock/boomkin still is very good, mage obviously is top tier so i really wouldnt say they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    3v3s are pretty nicely balanced atm, nearly every (non tank) spec is vaible to glad.

On the topic, spriest/ele shaman tend to suck in 2s , you can get some rating by playing with a rogue afaik. On the general all casters suck statement, boomkins are gods in 2s and lock/boomkin still is very good, mage obviously is top tier so i really wouldnt say they suck.

In some combinations yes. If you dont play mage, or maybe boomkin (but you have to be like madnice, and not lol check me out i roll warrior nice) you can just right away for example forget all healer combos.

Every class that has to use a cast to kill something can right away chill the fuck out.

3s is ofc better cause the weaknesses of some classes can get compensated or the synergy with other makes them strong. Its still obvious which classes and combos are still FOTM after you have seen about 100 games in S15 (well same crap like S14).

Also the argument "all specs are valiable for glad" isnt very good.

Its like saying Roger Federer would win against you even with a broken racket..ofc, but he is one in millions. I remember representations last season in 3s where some classes were so valiable they were represented in 2.2k with like 0.2%

Umm.. I run spriest/rdruid in 2s and we farm double melee teams. As long as its not a shaman or holy priest healer we farm war/healer and dk/healer too. Not sure what my friends spriest does that you don't but we do just fine in 2s. Think our win-loss is like 26-7 right now, its really only hunters that are the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"