View Poll Results: Which will be your new MMO of choice?

Voters
603. This poll is closed
  • Wildstar

185 30.68%
  • Elder Scrolls Online

134 22.22%
  • Neither - WoW forever

158 26.20%
  • None of these.

126 20.90%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar. I think ESO is going to be a flop.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

I'm a Mac user, so Wildstar is not an option. (sorry, I don't play emulated).

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither, not interested in the cluster fuck Wildstar is going to be when pvp and raiding with all these skills covering the ground with 100 different shapes and colors. ESO not my cup tea at all doesn't look interesting enough to pay a subscription.

I like WoW but whenever I log in I can't play it, I am just burnt out. When I played WildStar I got the same burnt out feeling I got from WoW. Thus far ESO has kept me interested and I haven't felt burnt out, so I am going with that as my main MMO. But I probably will try WildStar and WoD at launch.

Also, looking forward to Destiny and Star Citizen in 2014.

I have pre-ordered ESO but I'm starting to think I should sell the key when I get it. I just don't want to commit to a subscription game and Reaper of Souls should keep me busy for a while.

I tried eso at beta didn't care for it not my cup of tea.

Absolutely excited about Wildstar, will pre-order as soon as possible, and having played for a couple dozen hours on stress tests and weekend giveaways, i already know it's to my liking (gameplay, classes, atmosphere, leveling, dungeons, etc).

Would probably check out ESO if Wildstar wasn't releasing being a fan of Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Skyrim, etc), but see no point now. Already have a couple of games to entertain myself until (and even after) release.

10+ Year Old Account
    ESO stress test showed me, it's a really shitty game..
    Wildstar is something a very few people have nmentioned, but noone seems to know anything solid..

WoW is WoW and that's what we love...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    ESO stress test showed me, it's a really shitty game..
    Wildstar is something a very few people have nmentioned, but noone seems to know anything solid..

WoW is WoW and that's what we love...
    ...there's an 800+ page thread with tons of videos, interviews, gameplay and what-not. I'd HARDLY say it's "a very few people have mentioned, but no one seems to know anything solid..."

Eh... Will probably try ESO for a month or two, but will mostly just play WoW.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well... At first I was going to get both as I kind of want a game that's WoW (TBC) with TERAs combat and I'm also a huge Skyrim/Morrowind fan.

But after trying ESO on the Beta I just wasnt very impressed (mostly with the combat). The graphics were great and very well optmized, plus I was somewhat immersed... but in the end the clunkyness of the combat just killed it for me Might buy it later on just to see if it really gets any better once you get a bit higher in levels if I dont have any other games to play.

As for Wildstar... Well, I was pretty hyped for it before trying it and after playing the beta I'm pretty much dying to get to play it on release. Sure, it might not be anything too innovative but the combat is great, the art-style amuses me and overall it just feels like a pretty solid game (with some bugs and issues here and there which I'm sure will be fixed in release or soon after). Basically it's WoW with a TBC feel with a hint of Vanilla and TERA'ish combat.

And a lot of my friends (IRL/Internet) are also pretty hyped for Wildstar and are going to be playing it on release, which is a pretty big thing for me.
    I wouldnt mind playing WoW but as I have no real friends left playing it the game is kinda of dead to me... plus after 7 years things just got a bit stale :P

But... I'm still waiting for that game with WoWs end-game PvE/PVP, GW2s open-world and questing mixed with SWTOR story, immersion and questing with a hint of Rifts talent-system and PvE-endgame and last but not least TERAs combat or something very similar.

I'll sub on and off of WoW since I've done since I quit at some point in late Cata.

I'll play SWtOR, Tera, and Rift off and on because I have 'preferred' or whatever they call them accounts because I bought the games and subbed before they were F2P and I enjoy each of them in their own way, in the order I listed them

I'll sub for FFXIV because I fucking love the hell out of that game.

I have NO interest in Wildstar. I played ESO beta from many, many months ago to more recently and even though it improved some here and there, it just isn't the game for me at all; all I'd really want from a TES game is a co-op with my wife; if someone would ever crack an Oblivion/Skyrim co-op, her and I would be on that a lot.

So, none of your named choices worked for me

None of the above. I've been dabbling in Hearthstone, Diablo 3, and Everquest Next: Landmark. Between those and possibly Heroes of the Storm (depending on how it turns out, I had to quit playing MoBAs due to how long the matches always were) I simply don't have time for a full fledged MMORPG anymore. I may try Everquest Next (the MMORPG) when it comes out but no promises there either.

wilstar is waaaay better in my eyes

Going to try WoD eventually but I'll probably get Wildstar at launch just because I'm a fan of it's theme. Going to sub to FF14 occasionally in the mean time.

Neither. I was very interested in Wildstar when they first showed it. The sci-fi approach, double jumping and vibe early on said "this will be different!". And then i found out they were going to have player housing, and I was more interested. However, over time, Carbine revealed how closely they were sticking to a WoW formula. The whole debate between players and Carbine over mob tagging was amazing to me. Carbine came up with imaginary, asperberger born reasons for staying in the past. Then once I got my hands on the Beta, I realized how WoW like it really was. Pop culture and meme humor, quest hubs and breadcrumb quests. Kill ten rat quests. On top of that, the telegraph system was overdone and combat made no use of the Y axis. It was just a disco floor fight.

It was a big letdown. I thought the paths would be cool, but it just turns into content you can't do but is sitting there, staring you in the face.

I had no interest in TESO. I thought it was a bad idea to begin wtih, because you can't do what people like in Elder Scrolls in a non-sandboxy MMO. My opinion of the game improved with repeated beta plays, but there's still issues with combat, the phasing system, and stiff movement. They did a nice job with the RvR map, but the fun only lasts until you get tired of the combat issues.

However, I liked the possibilities all the skill lines offer, and I liked questing more than in Wildstar.

Deleted
    Looking really forward to Wildstar, I played ESO, so dissapointed, it is not a good game, put like 20 hours into i did not enjoy it, i only put that much time into because i heard" it gets better soon" But really, had i bought the game, the only reason i would play the game is because I would have paided for it, so my pride would force me to play it. I did not enjoy it. And sure, wildstar look more cartoonish, but i am fine with that, it looks fun, not to serious, and it does not Lock one importen race behind a paywall(nor sell mounts that is really expensive, but buyale in a in game store)

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    ESO. It's the first mature (non-WoW clone) MMO to release over the past decade, for that alone I'd throw a few hundred bucks at them in appreciation.

I just can't play the cheap experience kiddyish bright MMOs like WoW and Wildstar anymore and get any fun out of it.
    yup, went with ESO for pretty much the same reasons.

With the... best will, I'd very much love the younger community to flock to wildstar or stay with wow and ESO to get a crowd with slightly less ADHD

Nothing really against them (younger players) either (not after the thread turning into a battle along old/young lines) but ESO does seem to be aimed to appeal a little more to the "old guard". There's a lot less instant gratification (the crafting system speaks volumes for a start) and they've taken time to make quests a bit less formulaic (all the "collect 10/15 rats arses" type quests are VERY well disguised, the rest are story driven).
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2014-03-17 at 06:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Tried ESO Beta - No thank you. Been in Wildstar beta since mid 2013 and I absolutely love the game. Wildstar all the way for me.

ESO is not enjoyable. Wildstar and WoD for me.