Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakwazu View Post
    I just won the initial Luca Blitzball Cup and would like to make an addendum to my list of remake demands: Please stop introducing the player to the games' mini games by starting them off at a severe disadvantage. I'm looking at you Tetra Master and Blitz Ball!!!

"Welcome to Blitz Ball! Please try to process and retain the mounds of strategic information associated with this game while going up against an over powered team favored by the RNG gods! ANOTHER WORLD AWAITS YOU!!! (In the loser's circle)."

In my last 400hr+ save file on Ps2 FFX I never lost a single Blitzball match

OT: FFVIII needs a remake over any other FF game.

DO EEEEEEEEEEET SQUARE!
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    If they were to do it right - fantastic I'm all on board but I don't trust them to just do a straight port with lovely graphics. They will add new jrock characters, new soundtrack, horrible american voice actors with no japanese option, a new revolutionary combat system that sucks, remade mini games that pale in comparison to the old ones, new stpid scenes where we find out Yuffie is really Cloud's sister ect.

I will give them credit though at least they know they are not the same company as before and know that touching this game again would be a mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a full FF7 reskin, I want new graphics and voice acting, the full AAA treatment. At worst I'd accept some kind of HD remake, but personally having it on pc and ps I don't need just a HD version anymore.

Blitzball is the ebst side game I've played in an RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I want a full FF7 reskin, I want new graphics and voice acting, the full AAA treatment. At worst I'd accept some kind of HD remake, but personally having it on pc and ps I don't need just a HD version anymore.
    I think I'd vomit uncontrollably if they did this. They'd have to dramatically overhaul the existing models/backgrounds to make them fit with HD textures/graphics, destroying much of the charm that exists within them now. As for voice acting...I'd rather not. Having FF:Advent Children was more than enough voice acting for me with the character (though I love the hell out of it).

Updating the cutscenes would be awesome, but I can't imagine a HD version of the game that doesn't destroy most of what made the game so visually appealing and charming. Hell, when I finally played through it in its entirety for the first time like 3 years ago (took me only 15 years!) I was still blown away by how amazing the game looks in many regards. It's pretty as all hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completed it too often to have much charm left now, its my all time favourite game, but I can't stomach a full playthrough now. A full graphical and sound over haul with fully orchestrated music (which is already available) and sound effects is needed. Keep the core game. A HD of FF10 worked because it still looks great, FF7 looks 'charming' sure, but to me, fugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just won the initial Luca Blitzball Cup and would like to make an addendum to my list of remake demands: Please stop introducing the player to the games' mini games by starting them off at a severe disadvantage. I'm looking at you Tetra Master and Blitz Ball!!!

"Welcome to Blitz Ball! Please try to process and retain the mounds of strategic information associated with this game while going up against an over powered team favored by the RNG gods! ANOTHER WORLD AWAITS YOU!!! (In the loser's circle)."
    I'm not saying Blitz Ball is hard or not fun. It's just introduced terribly.
    It didn't really affect the story either way if you won or lost, but I kind of agree. The thing with blitzball is that it was so integral to the culture of Spira, so it had to be really important gameplay-wise. Tetra master was just a side thing you could choose to do and it wouldn't affect anything. I think the bigger issue of these two games was the complete randomness of the numbers in the game, which affected the enjoyment of the games. I don't know if remakes go THAT far though, so it's probably a mot point.

If they were to remake final fantasy 7-9 they would have to start completely from scratch. make 3d models for every single area, characters etc. It would take them almost as long as it would take them to make a new game.

XII is certainly a possibility though
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    If they were to remake final fantasy 7-9 they would have to start completely from scratch. make 3d models for every single area, characters etc. It would take them almost as long as it would take them to make a new game.

XII is certainly a possibility though
    That's the thing people don't get. You can up the resolution on everything in 7-9 to 1080p and guess what? It's still ugly as ish. It really wasn't until the ps2 era where we actually had graphics that upscale with resolution well. There is a reason you don't see HD ports of ps1/n64 games, but there have been hd ports of almost every ps2/gamecube/xbox game worth it's salt.

The problem is that all the locations are 2d pictures with 3d characters walking over them. If they were to do a remake they'd want to do it in 3d, so they'd have to model the entire world from scratch. That is simply far too much work
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Are you talking about the art pieces? Those aren't emulator pics bro...

The game still looks like ass running at 1080p on a ps1 emulator.

You do realize even if the pre rendered backgrounds where rendered in 1080p the actual models in the game would still need to be re done and re textured? That pretty much makes it not even worth doing unless you want to make an entirely new game. 3d models from the ps1 era are brutal as hell and gigantic eye sores. It would be a waste of time having those atrocities walking around in 1080p.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-03-18 at 10:01 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Ew.. why on earth would you want that to ruin these games? Go back to playing FF13 lol
    never played any FF beside the 7. Even FF7 i played on PC back then, i have never been a playstation generation gamer, 99% PC gamer here.
    Is FF13 any good? I tend to dislike japanese style over the top RPG. Even metal gear solid is way too "over the top". I don't need dramatic cinematic entry for every scene in a spy game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    never played any FF beside the 7. Even FF7 i played on PC back then, i have never been a playstation generation gamer, 99% PC gamer here.
    Is FF13 any good? I tend to dislike japanese style over the top RPG. Even metal gear solid is way too "over the top". I don't need dramatic cinematic entry for every scene in a spy game.
    Final Fantasy in general has been more Western than other Japanese RPGs (compared to something like Persona or Ar Tonelico), though it's still absolutely an iconic jRPG and couldn't be confused for a Western game series.

That said, the FFXIII trilogy is probably the MOST... "Japanesey" Final Fantasy game in the series. Not that it turns into something like what Atlus would publish (look up their games, see above), but it is absolutely ALL about the drama and cinematics. It's half the reason so many Final Fantasy fans were turned off, practically shut down, by it. Final Fantasy games have always had Japanese style drama in them, but XIII really is consumed by it. It's more like what you'd see in a heavy drama anime instead of the normal drama in past FF games.

I personally love the XIII series. I don't think it's terrible, but I also certainly know and accept what I've gotten with it, like any game I enjoy. I also like drama anime, so... of course I had a good experience with it.
    Last edited by Senka; 2014-03-18 at 11:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    FFVII was already topped...by its predecessor.
    their reasoning is valid though. if they were to remake the game instead of focusing on making new ones, they're basically admitting that they've lost their touch. i know they've redone some of the very early FF games but it's not the same when you consider the time investment required of the expecations of an ff7/8 remake.

I'd love to see FFIX and FFXII given the HD treatment and given some further polish and possibly even bonus content provided it made sense and didn't ruin the established canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    A remake of FF7 with improved graphics... YES DAM IT IVE BEEN ASKING FOR IT FOR YEARS, SQUARE SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE!!!!! The nostalgia train alone would make the game a smashing success sales wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Hardware becomes inaccessible. Technology becomes available to upgrade art assets. Just like movies.
    And emulation and services like PSN keep the games accessible anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    That's the thing people don't get. You can up the resolution on everything in 7-9 to 1080p and guess what? It's still ugly as ish. It really wasn't until the ps2 era where we actually had graphics that upscale with resolution well. There is a reason you don't see HD ports of ps1/n64 games, but there have been hd ports of almost every ps2/gamecube/xbox game worth it's salt.
    Isn't there a Zelda ocarina of time remake? that being said i completely agree, upscaling ff7 won't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Isn't there a Zelda ocarina of time remake? that being said i completely agree, upscaling ff7 won't cut it.
    There isn't an OoT remake in HD, but there are a million re-releases of the game. Most recently on the 3ds(pretty far from an HD screen).

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I think they make more money on handheld remakes and ports than they would from big consoles like PS4 and XBONE. FFIV, and chrono trigger were among the best DS RPGS I am not sure about how successful the FFIII remake was though (not counting pokemon pokemon always wins....)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    more that updated graphics, what i would really appreciate is voice acting for those games.
    I'm down with this. When you play the modern FF games, 10, 12, 13, then go back to the old ones, it really sucks to have to go back to a million text boxes everywhere :P