[Shadow] What's your favorite opener?

Hey guys!

I'd like to hear how you guys like to Start an encounter.

i personally like to Start with 2 orbs.

I Start of with fade+prepot > MB+Fiend > VT+SW:P > DP+MF:I.
    Note: i Do this only with 2 orbs before the encounter Starts.
    After that, i switch to the regular rotation/priority list.

how's it with you guys?

greetings!
    Last edited by ceall; 2014-03-18 at 01:05 PM.

It really varies with orbs :P
    For 2 orbs i'd go Prepot >precast Halo(if you know the boss wont move) > MB > 1 MF if I don't have all my proccs .. let it tick 2 or 3 times depending on when you get the proccs > dot up > DP MFI

Also on fights I use ToF i have a macro to take off enough gear to get <35% ( I keep trinkets weapon and head on , so I can get the early proccs) and then renew and put it all back on for the extra 15% on the opener... I do that like 3secs on the pull timer to make sure nobody ninja pulls and i'm naked in the fight, then I prepot and proceed as above.
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-03-18 at 01:22 PM.

Deleted
    Halo on 2 > Prepot/engineering gloves > MB at one > VP at 0 into SW:P > Fiend > mind flay until a couple of seconds before second MB > reapply dots with all my procs then go into normal rotation really.

obviously changes based on DI procs/orb situation but i'm pretty happy with my opener now, best thing about the opener is when you get that great rng and you get a second DP as ur first ones ending, getting pretty decent procs on stuff like iron juggs to do 1.2/1.3mil burst, gief HC kadris please

10+ Year Old Account
    Halo ~ Potion + MB ~ SW:P ~ VT ~ Shadowfiend / Mindbender

Halo gets used at optimal distance to the Boss when the countdown is at 2 seconds. Then you should pop your potion and cast a MB at 1 second left on the countdown. Everything should hit right as the Boss becomes active.

Deleted
    Prepot+ halo at 2.5 sec, precast Vt+Pain to hit on pull , 3 ORB dp , Mindblast with 4set (all proccs active mostly, insanity till perfect buff threshold for fiend and redot with the last seconds of buffs running.

Btw on this topic... When you guys start with 0 orbs with hero on pull, do you opt for a 2orb DP to actually get all the proccs on DP and insanity or just wait for 3 orbs as usual? (when using ToF not DI)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    Btw on this topic... When you guys start with 0 orbs with hero on pull, do you opt for a 2orb DP to actually get all the proccs on DP and insanity or just wait for 3 orbs as usual? (when using ToF not DI)
    Especcially if there is no movement, and of course only if I'm running Insanity - I will 2-orb during that iniital proc peak just to get some use out of it. The only 'lost' DPS between 2-orbing and 3-orbing is difference in the DPET - that one GCD where you cast DP is slightly lower than it would have been, but no orbs or damage are lost. DP scales 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 for each of the three orbs - it's not a multiplicative growth per orb (if that makes sense).

So, 2-orb DPs are fine if they are the last GCD you are doing while moving, and won't have to move for 6-8 seconds - or if you are just going to be standing around anyways Patchwerking during a proc peak (like the one at the start of a fight). In theory, the same argument holds for 1-orb DPs, but those just feel dirty (and I don't recommend them).

Hope that helps!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Yep it helps in verifying that what I've been doing is correct/viable thanks

put /cast wand! in a macro and click it once when the fight begins.
    alt-tab to youtube until someone in skype tells you fight is over.
    gg