Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    in before Xrealm groups start selling the scorpion.
    You say this like it isn't already happening.

oh good another week with no new content

thanks, blizz

Well then, didn't see that one coming.

Deleted
    Thats a welcome change!

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm so excited for this change! I can finally raid with my friends!!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yah!! Now I can raid with some of my friends guilds without having to transfer server

So Mythic will be available x-realm too, right?
    And hurray, thanks blizzard for opening the box of pandora, many guilds will now sell SoO hc for real money x-realm!

While mythic is cross realm now (and called heroic), it will NOT be cross realm in WoD. They confirm this in the blue post.

I believe this is the worst change ever in WoW history. I get that it's temporary and meant to deal with guilds entirely falling apart over the up and coming months, but it is a real slap in the face, especially to small guilds who preserve on awful servers.

It's guildbreaking, but maybe that's intentional, given the guild reforming that will be needed for 20 mans. I've never been so demoralized by a decision in all of WoW history though. It's monumentally awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    So Mythic will be available x-realm too, right?
    And hurray, thanks blizzard for opening the box of pandora, many guilds will now sell SoO hc for real money x-realm!
    They could. It'd only take one person to provide proof and report it though, as selling in game things such as challenge mode runs, heroic raid runs for real money is against the TOS and thus is a bannable offense. Doing it for gold is cool though and a pretty damn good idea to fill the guild coffers before WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    While mythic is cross realm now (and called heroic), it will NOT be cross realm in WoD. They confirm this in the blue post.

I believe this is the worst change ever in WoW history. I get that it's temporary and meant to deal with guilds entirely falling apart over the up and coming months, but it is a real slap in the face, especially to small guilds who preserve on awful servers.

It's guildbreaking, but maybe that's intentional, given the guild reforming that will be needed for 20 mans. I've never been so demoralized by a decision in all of WoW history though. It's monumentally awful.
    Unless that 14/14 H guild is super desperate they're not going to be recruiting too many people below their completion level. If a person in say a 6/14 heroic guild really stood out in logs then the more advanced guilds would of put their feelers out long before this announcement and probably would of pinched them by now. And if not, what good would it do to do so now? They have confirmed Mythic will not be cross realm in WoD, so why does it matter in the long run? It'll still cost that person money to transfer servers for Mythic WoD and if they wanted to transfer before for better guilds, would they not of done so already?

Lets pretend every progressed guild in the world is suddenly desperate for recruits for WoD and this was a permanent cross realm change for including Mythic WoD. this still doesn't magically change the fact that a lot of people cannot raid on certain days and cannot raid during certain times.

Tl;Dr version: The amount of people this will effect in a negative manner is very insignificant at best. It will effect some people yes, but so will every change they make ever.

you seem to be exaggerating a lot. also do you mean this change is awful or mythic not being cross realm is awful? Sorry but the disadvantages of cross realm mythics for the new expansion outweight the advantages. Your superlatives really ruin your argument/

It's ludicrous to run a guild or be on a smaller server right now. This blows up so very very much.

It's ludicrous to run a guild or be on a smaller server right now. This blows up so very very much.
    Except it doesn't. In WoD the current heroics and normals use cross realm technology ala flex right now anyway and has been since the announcement of WoD. Mythic will not be cross realm in WoD. In reality nothing has really changed except they're implementing their planned changes early. In fact if you're running a smaller guild on a dead server right now this is actually a positive step if you use it correctly. Example: You can put your feelers out to other smaller guilds on different servers in the same time zone to do a joint run to get both guilds into raiding easier.

So you still cant sell battle pets on other servers. hm?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    What would be the in-game incentive? You still can't trade gold and such cross realm so why would the carrying guild give away the mount for essentially free, barring any ToS-violating transactions?
    The ToS-violating transactions were exactly the ones I was referring to.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Too bad it is too late.

I am a little confused. How has this done anything to smaller guilds besides giving them an outlet to recruit other small guilds going into WoD. This gives you an opportunity to play with other players and see how you click, right? If all of your guildies now flock away because cross realm exists it sounds like you didn't have too solid of a raid team to begin with. Am I missing something?

Deleted
    Good guilds will not suffer from this. They will get the advantage from it. This crossrealm raid option will offer a perfect solution for players not in a guild or in a guild that is terrible in skills or with despotic officers. Freedom at last! It's so cool!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I'm so excited for this change! I can finally raid with my friends!!
    Same here also some of mine alts will see more than just Flex lol
    Also to ppl above who areworyed about that guilds now will sell HC for real money
    What do you think they dint do it now??? we have accountwide achievements and mounts you need 1 toon to present on kill no mater what is that toon

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay I can now beg people on other servers for a garrosh kill.