Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Siege of Orgrimmar: Cross-realm raids enabled

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...raids-enabled/
    We’ve recently implemented an often requested feature to enable cross-realm raiding for Siege of Orgrimmar. Cross-realm BattleTag™ and Real ID friends can now raid together and take the fight to Garrosh on Normal or Heroic difficulty. Players will be able to earn greater rewards such as Reins of the Kor'kron War Wolf or the title of Conqueror/Liberator of Orgrimmar; both of which aren’t available to be earned within Flexible or Raid Finder difficulty.

This change is currently live.
    Woot?

Heroic too? Interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should drive the price of a Heroic carry down. Good for mount collectors.

sucks for those of us just a week or 2 away from a garrosh kill.. some upstart guild prolly gonna pay to have some highend raiders carry them to steal server first FOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    sucks for those of us just a week or 2 away from a garrosh kill.. some upstart guild prolly gonna pay to have some highend raiders carry them to steal server first FOS.
    Still need a guild group.

I can almost see it: 568ilvl min for SoO normal exp min 8/14 hc.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a GM of a 25m guild closing in on Heroic Garrosh this infuriates me.

there there, raid is the same, difficutly is the same, accecibility to players entering the raid has just gone crossrealm. take a deep breath and remember this is done to all the raids in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Should drive the price of a Heroic carry down. Good for mount collectors.
    Indeed.

Also, now people on smaller realms aren't dependent on a few guilds anymore, which is definitely a nice thing.

This is actually pretty cool. Already doing 8/14 HC pugs on my alts. Might be possible to do 14/14 HC super pugs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    This is actually pretty cool. Already doing 8/14 HC pugs on my alts. Might be possible to do 14/14 HC super pugs now.
    Dream Team 14/14H CRZ or bust.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strues View Post
    Well, it's not really Blizzards fault that your guild is slow. I mean how many months have passed since SoO was released?

Deleted
    >6 months from this tier started, so this is a really good change. If you had not killed garrosh hc, you didn't deserve it (it wouldn't be a final heroic boss if everyone kill it, that's a fact). But now you probably can with help of other people from other realms, win/win for everyone.

Deleted
    IMHo, they should not include Heroic but for Normal it is very welcome change.
    I can already see qQueue for of Normal runs and that is actualy quite nice.

What they should have done and would be IMHO better:

- enable Normal cross-realm
    - put Normal on separate lockout from Heroic

Than anybody who is not raiding Normal would have (will have with this change also) good chance to clear Normal content.
    Anybody progressing through Heroic would be able to PUG Normal for that peace or few that are still upgrade that would speed up Heroic progress.

Deleted
    Yep, nerfs inc as well in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinge View Post
    Dream Team 14/14H CRZ or bust.
    We talked about that idea in our 10 man alt last night. Sounds interesting to say the least since 10 man loot is pretty bad compared to 25 man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Indeed.

Also, now people on smaller realms aren't dependent on a few guilds anymore, which is definitely a nice thing.
    Truth be told, this might actually INCREASE the price of Heroic Garrosh mounts. While it will be easier for players on other servers to get the mount now, there's still the same number of guilds selling it. I highly doubt an Oqueue pug full of people that have never killed anything past Heroic Nazgrim will be able to do 14/14 HC.

This is good news for my plethora of alts. Considering my main only raids 3 hours a week now

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    Truth be told, this might actually INCREASE the price of Heroic Garrosh mounts. While it will be easier for players on other servers to get the mount now, there's still the same number of guilds selling it. I highly doubt an Oqueue pug full of people that have never killed anything past Heroic Nazgrim will be able to do 14/14 HC.
    It does make selling for real money easier than selling for gold. Obviously this isn't allowed under the EULA but we all know some guilds do it. For gold sales I don't think it will have too much impact, I know my guild has been pricing our runs as if we are competing with all other guilds in the world and I assume others have as well.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    It does make selling for real money easier than selling for gold. Obviously this isn't allowed under the EULA but we all know some guilds do it. For gold sales I don't think it will have too much impact, I know my guild has been pricing our runs as if we are competing with all other guilds in the world and I assume others have as well.
    Even for just selling the mount for gold, it becomes much for the buyer to pay. Say they want to keep their main on Realm A, but the guild they want to buy from is on Realm B. The no longer have to xfer the main over to Realm B and then back to Realm A. Now they just need to load up a level 10 bank alt as a throwaway to pay the guild they're buying from. Assuming the person has the gold, buying the Heroic Garrosh mount now only costs a little more than a Blizzard store mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strues View Post
    Why? It doesn't devalue what you're doing at all. Not one little bit. All it does is give more people the opportunity to do SoO on normal and heroic? Or are you a snowflake that actually cares about how other people play the game? I've got news for you, winter is almost over.