Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Please remove 40man Battlegrounds

Hi all

If blizz removed all the 40man battlegrounds in the game:
    - Have shorter Battleground queues
    - Queueing for random BG's won't only be 40man because of filling the spots for bots queueing for these BG's.
    - Avoid bots that continously keeps queueing up for only 40man so they can be less detected
    - Faster reporting of bots because of faster detection in 10/15man groups.
    Last edited by mmoc8759d46b77; 2014-03-18 at 11:04 PM.

Remove content?
    Give players power to ban?

This thread isn't going to last long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeaah... no.

I enjoy 40-man BG's the most, go remove WSG and/or TP instead if you want to delete two BG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    There aren't enough face palms in the observable universe for this suggestion.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

if wow still use 2 cores cpu they need to remove 40 mans way to laging because we are all bottleneck
    come check my stream 2.4k rating this season dk unh pve/pvp warlock,mage,rogue

www.twitch.tv/gabynator

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Who knows, perhaps it will expand for us to find enough facepalms? However, I fear that to find enough we must venture into multi-verse theories...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish players could at least block certain battlegrounds with some kind of blacklist or something.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    I wish players could at least block certain battlegrounds with some kind of blacklist or something.
    You can...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    You can...
    Sarcasm.

Your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

How about NO? Well 40man bg are only ones that are quite enjoyable.. at least a bit. Feel free to remove small group BG...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Yeaah... no.

I enjoy 40-man BG's the most, go remove WSG and/or TP instead if you want to delete two BG's.
    My guess is you play Alliance because of the "big battlegrounds" Alliance wins AV & IOC but lose routinely the open world BG's.

On topic, no.

Deleted
    4/10 troll, made me reply

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2014-03-23 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Removing them is pretty dumb, but having them in the random is worse. Literally every person I have ever played with has IoC and AV blacklisted on ally and horde, its stupid. I would love to blacklist things I don't want to play in PVP and not be forced to blacklist PVE bgs. I would be fine with more blacklists as well since the people who actually enjoy 40man bgs can still run them instead of outright removing them. Ill give OP the benefit of the doubt and say he wants them removed from the random queue, which I would support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

I used to love 40man battlegrounds. All I needed to do was move to the closest point to defend, continue watching tv or a movie, gain honor. No one would notice me doing nothing in a 40man.

If half my team is bots anyway why bother trying.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    My guess is you play Alliance because of the "big battlegrounds" Alliance wins AV & IOC but lose routinely the open world BG's.
    Well, I've Draenei girl as signature.

But no, I don't play Alterac Valley because of win/loss rate, but because I enjoy those large-scale fights and the BG gamestyle anyways ~ defending bunkers, invading towers, slaying mini-boss and pushing towards to the enemy base.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    and not be forced to blacklist PVE bgs.
    This is utter nonsense.

If you follow the sheep and go right to the end and stand around waiting for towers to cap then yes, not much PVP there. But then its YOUR fault. Start backcapping towers, camping choke points, etc. No excuse to complain about "PVE" BGs when you are the one making them that way.

Would rather Blizzard add more maps, even if they're just re-used concepts (Like BfG and TP were) and split the system up into "Modes". So you'd queue for Capture the Flag and you'd get WSG, TP and whatever else they add to increase the numbers in that map pool. You would also be able to queue for "Domination" which would encompass AB, BfG, EotS (Though you could possibly make that span both, same as Deepwind), ToK and then add a "Siege" pool which has SotA, AV and IoC in.

You could then queue for the objective style you like. Though it's never going to happen as none of it influences the slaying of dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    This is utter nonsense.

If you follow the sheep and go right to the end and stand around waiting for towers to cap then yes, not much PVP there. But then its YOUR fault. Start backcapping towers, camping choke points, etc. No excuse to complain about "PVE" BGs when you are the one making them that way.
    Ive said it before, all those strategies do is extend an already annoying/less-fun experience that is the 40man bg. There is no time where I would enjoy the 40man aoe-fest more than a "real" bg with small group combat. I would rather it end faster so I can get to pvp that is actually enjoyable. Unless im playing an aoe happy caster (which I don't, I usually heal which is awful in the 40mans), I don't see the fun in it.

There could be fun 40man bgs, but blizz is terrible at designing them. AV is literally BUILT to be a zerg or camp-resourcefest because its designed like a hallway with a single objective. If there was a 40man that was in the style of Deepwind Gorge: 2-3 carts that people can run for stealing, 4-5 bases to hold for resources, a few respawning elite mobs to gain team buffs and resources, circular map with alot of spawn points for constant action. That would be actually fun, alot of small group combat and room for premade type groups to shine, but alas, AV and IOC are almost designed to be zerg the base fests. Hence why I am forced to blacklist them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Don't think it will lead to faster battleground ques... It could actually have the opposite effect (at least for 1 faction). The below link is a very interesting read and I think it's relevant to this discussion.

http://cynwise.wordpress.com/2014/03...d-populations/

In my experience horde dominates all BGs except for the 40 player 1s.. This leads to many of the more experienced alliance players moving to play horde due to being sick of losing all the time and alliance players being worse geared due to less honor gains etc. If you remove 1 of the few options alliance has for getting BG wins this will become more of an issue... It would also give alliance players less options for gaining honor and so they would be even more undergeared in comparison to horde players. That's a vicious circle and the problem quickly snowballs. On EU servers Alliance has instant ques while horde has 5-10 min ques and that isn't down to luck. It's because horde are the dominant faction in PVP.

Removing the 40 player BG's would make the horde ques even longer for the reason in the link I gave and what I posted above. My guess is if there was a demand for the removal of 40 player BG's it would mostly be from the horde player base because those are the only BG's they don't dominate...

I'd like them to remove the ability of horde to blacklist 40 man BGs.