Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic sha question

Sometimes on sha mark goes out right before swelling pride goes out which can at the same time that swelling does pretty much one shotting someone. 2 people with gift of the titans 4 marks go out which means 2 can get dispelled for no pride leaving 2 to take it man mode.

My question is: dispel or shield one of the two that get the undispelled mark?

Personally I've been spirit shelling 4 groups for swelling and then tossing a shield but the druid in my raid has been crying that it needs to be dispelled but I figure that potentially crit shielding for ~500k on top of the spirit shell would be a stronger way for the person to survive than a dispel and letting the people with gift dispel when off CD again so that people don't gain unnecessary pride.

So am I doing this right or should I be dispelling? Btw the guild is pretty under geared for heroics since ~10 of our raid spots seem to be a revolving door of late so our raid dps is a lot lower than it should be and we have some tards taking extra damage when they shouldn't be.

We rotate healing cooldowns, and whoever isn't using CD at the time dispels even if they don't have gift before swelling pride. Pride is cleared before healers even get projections.

I understand what you are saying but wanted to get some clarification - you can still dispel twice during the duration of gift in heroic right?

My guild has not attempted this yet, but what Dierdre is saying makes sense to me.

Yes, you can still dispel twice, but the problem is if it's not fast enough, the swelling pride explosion gibs you.

All healers should dispel for the entire fight and you should just keep your pride in check. As long as you don't get transformed, you'll be fine. Pushing the boss into p2 before your pride gets too high is a pretty big part of the fight.

A healer can dispel 2-3 debuffs during the duration of the gift buff. If you are having so many debuffs out that could mean some of your healers aren't handling dispelling correctly.
    Teegers - Disc/Holy Priest - Summit - 14/14H
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Teegers/simple
    http://www.twitch.tv/teegsx

Quote Originally Posted by Teegs View Post
    A healer can dispel 2-3 debuffs during the duration of the gift buff. If you are having so many debuffs out that could mean some of your healers aren't handling dispelling correctly.
    Not really, sometimes debuffs are applied just as gift buff ends, so they're in limbo between healers. So to avoid "it was your turn to dispel" bitching and moaning, it's healthier to have all healers dispel before swelling pride.

Deleted
    Can just mash dispel through the whole fight if it's a problem, only been close to 100 pride a couple of times and that was 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Can just mash dispel through the whole fight if it's a problem, only been close to 100 pride a couple of times and that was 85.
    Mass dispel does not work on mark of arrogance, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Mass dispel does not work on mark of arrogance, so no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    mash dispel
    He meant like spam dispel; he didn't mistype "mass".

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    He meant like spam dispel; he didn't mistype "mass".
    My bad, I misread.

I just dispel here even if I don't have the buff. I just watch my pride level and get projections if need be.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do both, no reason not to. Dispel them asap since pride should never be an issue and then shield them if it ticked or whatever.

people can do this fight without a priest even, but yes, regardless of buff status, dispel those dots if you dont have a disc priest, also, make sure people pop their personal defensives and call out healing cd's or budget them out before the fight starts into rounds of 3 whirls

If you have more os disc priests take em, spirit shell on every swell makes the fight a joke, also devo and warrior cds are really good too

and if you have the dps to kill normal garrosh, you have enough dps that your healers wont get mc'd by the time P2 starts, even if they both just dispel the 2 dots right as they come out (assuming you aren't using too many healers)

also, you assign dispel assignments might be something new to your guild in current 25s (especially if you didn't do chimaeron)
    but try doing something like, healers 1-5 get groups 1-5 respectively

if healers 2 has no dispel in group he goes to 1 and dispels the lower target or 3 and dispels the higher target

you can change up rules for dispelling 3 or more

and your whiny druid should learn to barkskin and/or might of ursoc
    Last edited by ryklin; 2014-03-21 at 09:52 PM.

Yea. As stated above, dispell on cd and those in the raid dispell as well. Its not a big deal.

Ya it feels like our dps is lower than it should be. We barely make the enrage time on Norushen and we have some straight tards who don't like to close rifts and the same whiney druid is really bad at dispells himself so overall stuff isn't dispelled fast and people get crap tons of pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Ya it feels like our dps is lower than it should be. We barely make the enrage time on Norushen and we have some straight tards who don't like to close rifts and the same whiney druid is really bad at dispells himself so overall stuff isn't dispelled fast and people get crap tons of pride.
    If you made it through norushen you shouldn't have trouble with dps for sha. Just follow mechanics and it's a free caster staff and vanquisher tier token (yes, any other item in the loot table is a myth).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    If you made it through norushen you shouldn't have trouble with dps for sha. Just follow mechanics and it's a free caster staff and vanquisher tier token (yes, any other item in the loot table is a myth).
    It's true
    I've won both with dkp then with the coin the next week.

Deleted
    The staff is a lie :<

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    The staff is a lie :<
    Certainly warforged it is =(

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    Certainly warforged it is =(
    All warforged items are a lie.