Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

People wanting to be carried

During my paragon level grind, I've made my way up through the torments, starting at 1 easily enough and moving to 2 rather quickly, then 3 once I got some more health and damage and am now moving on up to 4. The higher I go I get plenty of people at equal damage/toughness levels as me, but EQUAL number of people who are sub 50 paragon, die to nearly every elite mob mechanic at least 3 or 4 times, and when I sit and watch them try to kill normal mobs they barely even tickle them. Meanwhile I am 2-3 shotting even big stuff with primary abilities.

I tend to just kick people, but I've been doing so much of it lately that it's triggering a cooldown on the ability or something, as when I mouse over it, it says abusing the kick feature will disable it for a time. I've started asking people nicely to go down a few difficulties since they're pretty useless in T3 and 4 and making things more difficult for the rest of us. I get mixed reactions from understanding to downright pissy.

Anyone else been running into this a lot? I run pub games because when you do get several people all together of relatively equal gear level, group synergy makes stuff die faster and exp/legendaries quite abundant.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    A friend of mine has ~250 paragon levels and 2-3 shots anything on level 3 torment (where i farm currently for my monk) on his DH. Every time he connects to my game i ask him to leave because i don't enjoy running behind him and collecting loot. Manage your group then, don't expect people with decent gear just fall over the sky, and people with bad gear just shiver in fear to connect your games.

99% of people playing games have no fucking clue what they are doing. No way around it. You simply can't teach a sheep you just herd it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    A friend of mine has ~250 paragon levels and 2-3 shots anything on level 3 torment (where i farm currently for my monk) on his DH. Every time he connects to my game i ask him to leave because i don't enjoy running behind him and collecting loot. Manage your group then, don't expect people with decent gear just fall over the sky
    Don't bring this bullshit in. You are playing group for more XP aka you fucking go full speed. My DH was able to clear t4 2nd day after he was 60. I tried joining t3 and t2 random groups and it was just painful... people weren't doing shit. Just dying and were unable to kill white mobs... On t3 I usually saw people with ~50k DPS when inspecting and that's just not enough.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2014-03-20 at 04:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    A friend of mine has ~250 paragon levels and 2-3 shots anything on level 3 torment (where i farm currently for my monk) on his DH. Every time he connects to my game i ask him to leave because i don't enjoy running behind him and collecting loot. Manage your group then, don't expect people with decent gear just fall over the sky, and people with bad gear just shiver in fear to connect your games.
    It's random, so it's not even specifically "my" games, they just queue for stuff that's WAY too high above them. Although as the post below you makes me think of a good point, maybe people believe torment is like monster power, where it's not.

With old gear, Torment 1 is like MP 1-3, Torment 2 is like MP 4-6, Torment 3 is like 7-9 and Torment 4 is like 10+. It's a lot easier to get higher torments because the gear is just so much better and more abundant now.

When I point out that people are barely doing anything in the games, they tend to agree and leave though. Only a few seem to give me the middle finger like they're expecting to be carried.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    It's random, so it's not even specifically "my" games, they just queue for stuff that's WAY too high above them. Although as the post below you makes me think of a good point, maybe people believe torment is like monster power, where it's not.

With old gear, Torment 1 is like MP 1-3, Torment 2 is like MP 4-6, Torment 3 is like 7-9 and Torment 4 is like 10+. It's a lot easier to get higher torments because the gear is just so much better and more abundant now.

When I point out that people are barely doing anything in the games, they tend to agree and leave though. Only a few seem to give me the middle finger like they're expecting to be carried.
    But if you want to get fast clears, why don't you build a team with people you enjoyed playing? You say yourself that you do get some people with acceptable gear, why don't you friend then and don't invite for the next run? I think it solves your problem completely. Or join a guild oriented on farm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    99% of people playing games have no fucking clue what they are doing. No way around it. You simply can't teach a sheep you just herd it.

Don't bring this bullshit in. You are playing group for more XP aka you fucking go full speed. My DH was able to clear t4 2nd day after he was 60. I tried joining t3 and t2 random groups and it was just painful... people weren't doing shit. Just dying and were unable to kill white mobs... On t3 I usually saw people with ~50k DPS when inspecting and that's just not enough.
    why the hell do you join random groups to "go full speed"? You expect random groups to be good enough for your expectations? Lol.

There is so many ways to get a decent group for exp runs, and random group is not one of them

Don't bring this bullshit in. You are playing group for more XP aka you fucking go full speed.
    This just in, people play games for different reasons! Shocking, I know... But it's something you learn.

Don't bring this bullshit in. You are playing group for more XP aka you fucking go full speed.
    I disabled my open group thing because I don't like when my friends (who almost always outgear me and have triple the paragon level at the least) join in. I enjoy playing Diablo to grind out whatever I can on my own, testing different builds or concepts, and taking a break from other games. Very rarely, I'll want to be powerleveled or carried, and in those situations, I'll ask them. If I'm playing with friends, I'll want to play with friends, and not worry about some carrying someone else and telling them to just shut up and take the ride.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Join a big community and ask inn channels.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I play only single player. I don't enjoy the Diablo experience when other people involved. Most people are either much worse than the game than I am and are just leechy or more gear/better at the game than me and I don't like being the leech that runs behind collecting things. Neither of those is a fun experience to me. The most fun I've had is playing hardcore, self-found 2.0, single player and just working through at my own speed.

But if you want to get fast clears, why don't you build a team with people you enjoyed playing? You say yourself that you do get some people with acceptable gear, why don't you friend then and don't invite for the next run? I think it solves your problem completely. Or join a guild oriented on farm

- - - Updated - - -

why the hell do you join random groups to "go full speed"? You expect random groups to be good enough for your expectations? Lol.

There is so many ways to get a decent group for exp runs, and random group is not one of them
    Because that is what logic dictates. I know using logic is basically shooting yourself in the foot on the internet but one can hope that you can from time to time find people that aren't complete retards.

Grouping up gives a nice reward, bonus XP.
    Logic dictates that someone would follow a logical process:
    Get to level 60 and farm a bit to have relevant yellow+some legendary gear.
    See what difficulty you can handle.
    Get two builds, a full glass cannon DPS one and a balanced one that lets you survive without a tank.
    Find a group for the difficulty you can handle without having ANY issue. If you struggle on t4 go t3.
    Get grouped with people that did the same thing.
    Everyone progresses at the same speed and enjoys the game.

What happens:
    People ding.
    They can't do t1 alone.
    They queue up for t3 and are useless, they die all the time and leech XP/items.

"There is so many ways to get a decent group for exp runs, and random group is not one of them."
    And that's exactly the problem... that it's supposed to be but no one expects it to be because people ruined it.
    Why is almost no one doing it like the first example? It's just logic: You get more XP for doing the same thing at the same pace. That is the reason to group, to get matched with people of equal gear levels/clear speeds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    I disabled my open group thing because I don't like when my friends (who almost always outgear me and have triple the paragon level at the least) join in. I enjoy playing Diablo to grind out whatever I can on my own, testing different builds or concepts, and taking a break from other games. Very rarely, I'll want to be powerleveled or carried, and in those situations, I'll ask them. If I'm playing with friends, I'll want to play with friends, and not worry about some carrying someone else and telling them to just shut up and take the ride.
    And that's the perfect way to do it. If you don't want to play with people you shouldn't have to and thank god there's the option to disable that.

There are however people like the OP that want to play with others but keeps getting people playing nowhere close to where they belong just because they hope to get 3 people with good gear that will carry them. That shouldn't be acceptable and should just ban you from a difficulty level until you can finish it on solo on a char by char basis.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2014-03-20 at 01:37 PM.

Don't join public games, simple as that. Try joining some communities, my general experience with groups formed via them is above average.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

15+ Year Old Account
    Was doing a solo game earlier, killing mobs just fine, not terribly fast, but not slow either. None of my friends on, so I open the game to the public, a few minutes later, 3 people far below what I'd expect for T4 join the game. I inspect them, their weapons and gear are well below standard for that level. They die several times, and the extended length it now takes to kill elites makes me die several times to them as well. I say "You guys should go back to T1 and get some gear" and the response I get is "Why don't you stop bieng a douche and mind your own business. If you don't like it leave." My response is "You joined MY game."

Problem is people can do T1-T3 no problem, sure things die slow but they can do it. The problem is a good chunk of those players dont realize that when you join a game you are doubling and tripling the Torrment level. An then of course you do run into the grp who want to be carried and thats all they really ever known.

Deleted

Sheet DPS is a very nice thing really. My poor poor Barb only got 150k Sheet DPS 1h.. Fucks T6 stuff into pieces still <.< Sheet DPS says nothing, since it doesn't calculate the most powerful tools in, like certain Legendary Affixes, as well as + Ability DMG% or + Elemental DMG%. Which, if you have enough synergy between everything ... easily boosts you over a 300/350k DPS Feel, while your Sheet makes you look like a pussy.
    Just.. please don't bring damn fucking sheet DPS into the discussion. It's useless to no end..

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    Sheet DPS is a very nice thing really. My poor poor Barb only got 150k Sheet DPS 1h.. Fucks T6 stuff into pieces still <.< Sheet DPS says nothing, since it doesn't calculate the most powerful tools in, like certain Legendary Affixes, as well as + Ability DMG% or + Elemental DMG%. Which, if you have enough synergy between everything ... easily boosts you over a 300/350k DPS Feel, while your Sheet makes you look like a pussy.
    Just.. please don't bring damn fucking sheet DPS into the discussion. It's useless to no end..
    You do realize that I'm not retarded right? Your 150k sheet DPS 1h barb with not % bonuses will do less damage than my 400k sheet DPS 1h barb with 40% damage bonus no matter how you put it.

The fact that most people think "sheet DPS is bad because I have bonuses and stuff and things and I do more" doesn't mean that it is. It just means that you're too stupid or lazy to understand what it means and how to use it so please don't make yourself look bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure how you could POSSIBLY "tear T6 shit to pieces" with 150k DPS in T6, even with elemental and skill bonuses. My DH has 250k "damage", 42% lightning damage and 22% elemental arrow damage and still goes slow in T5. Barb burst is insane but that's 10 sec out of every 2 min.

My barb has 160k DPS and one piece of + lightning, some + whirlwind damage and goes comfortably fast at T2. When I pop earthquake and berserker rage elites die in a few seconds, but again, that's every 2 minutes. Sustained is what's really important.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2014-03-22 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    As far as carrying goes, everyone doing multiplayer is being carried; you gain more MF/GF/XP in a group, you have friends to help you kill shit faster and you can do a higher torment than you could solo.

10+ Year Old Account

hey now. my monk does extreme shit dps, but then again hes a zerodps monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    hey now. my monk does extreme shit dps, but then again hes a zerodps monk.
    if you have 2.5m toughness and over 5k healing i LOVE your type, you make my fireblades go nuts on everything,
    stuff booms, 1 monk pulling groups together on T6 can get my fireblade stacks to 100+ (thats 100%+ added to my fire damage)
    also means i can go more offensive instead of defensive with cyclone strike constantly pulling stuff in
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    if you have 2.5m toughness and over 5k healing i LOVE your type, you make my fireblades go nuts on everything,
    stuff booms, 1 monk pulling groups together on T6 can get my fireblade stacks to 100+ (thats 100%+ added to my fire damage)
    also means i can go more offensive instead of defensive with cyclone strike constantly pulling stuff in
    lol unlfortunately I just put togetther a shitty set, but I have 6k healing and 2.35m toughness. I was doing some Cota runs with one and I was just amazed at everything exploding. Looked at the monks dps and he was doing 3k dps rofl, but keeping everything together and blinded with exploding palm was just so awesome.