Poll: Have the changes from 2.0, and coming ones from RoS changed your mind about Diablo 3?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IISlayerxII View Post
    no, im still traumatized from investing 150hrs and not getting any legendary or decent gear to even pass the first part in inferno...
    Initially Inferno wasn't supposed to be clearable in any reasonable time frame; it was supposed to be a long term, maybe impossible goal for people who wanted a really long grind. After Inferno had been nerfed to soothe the compaints and Monster Power was introduced it became a lot easier to set your own level of challenge. The newer system with Normal - Torment difficulties is a lot smoother but lacks the natural progression path of going from Normal through Nightmare, Hell and Inferno.

Vanilla D3 was horrendous. I enjoyed it, but it did not have the lasting appeal that I expected. I hit 60, Slowly sold enough gear to be able to buy the gear necessary to do MP10. Continued to get tons of AWESOME gear that I had no use for unless I wanted to roll an alt, and eventually shelved it after a few months. In comparison, I played D2 for years.

Loot 2.0 and the removal of the AH is a huge step in the right direction for the game. They do need to come up with something to allow better ways of trading though as currently trading sucks.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I think they meant trading items such as hand-me-downs you might have in storage, or keeping an awesome item for someone you know who may not be in the 4-man group you're currently part of.
    Probably, but a lot of people honestly don't know you can trade in games. The last time I posted it someone thanked me for letting them know. I'll admit if I didn't play with a group of people I would have no idea either because I don't remember reading it specifically.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by IISlayerxII View Post
    no, im still traumatized from investing 150hrs and not getting any legendary or decent gear to even pass the first part in inferno...
    Hm, i kinda lived this story, can cope wi - WAIT A MINUTE

Quote Originally Posted by IISlayerxII's sig
    Abril 25th, my soul and body is prepared...
    lol.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The newer system with Normal - Torment difficulties is a lot smoother but lacks the natural progression path of going from Normal through Nightmare, Hell and Inferno.
    I utterly hated the old system, it was like: normal, nightmare, hell - cakewalk. First step in inferno - getting completely demolished. Beside the fact you had to play the story mode 4 times over.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit 2 months after I got it once I realized the endgame was playing the AH and avoided it like the plague. I came back when I heard the AH was shutting down. Miracles do happen I suppose.

Loot 2.0 is better, enjoy it. Don't really like new difficulty system and feel like during leveling the level scaling is far, far too distracting where during span of 1 drop and level the balance of difficulty can go out of whack from one shotting and fun to hp bloat and time sink. :x

Was also really cheap to exclude the adventure mode out of the patch and make it expansion feature.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    The model where you grind for gold to buy items from the Auction House was never very compelling. The game was still fun. The game is that much more satisfying now. you will almost always get some good loot or upgrade everytime you play now. Gearing your character is just so much better.

2.0 really revitalized the game. Most of my friends are playing it regularly, having a blast, and it should keep going for a while. My only real 'beef' with the game is every legendary\set item being Bound to Account. I always liked the trading aspect in Diablo 2, trying to get certain items, etc... and having them all bound is a bit extreme. I 'accept' the reasoning behind it, but completely dislike it... it can be a pain to get < item X > by praying to every Blizzard god to have it drop for you, and then with the preferred stats... but oh well, at least you're playing it.

I have to say though, regardless of issues I still have with it, that game has really meaty, physical and good feeling gameplay.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    I also have a bit of a gripe with the legendary BoA, but I guess it encourages you to find your own. I'm more disappointed we can't trade gold at the moment, I want to supply my friend with some to help him get back on his feet but I can't :/

I like the changes in some ways, other ways no. I think as you begin to play the game feels fresh because of the big changes, but when you see the long term effect of the changes then it's not so positive.

1. 2handers are broken, it's not an issue at level70 but I'm not level 70 and currently that means any 2hand drops are useless.. This is bad
    2. A lot of items feel less unique, there are so many different Legendaries now that aside from a line of text in the tooltip offer nothing unique, just a random selection of possible stats just like any other item yellow or otherwise. Only that now yellows are considerably less powerful than legendaries.
    3. A lot of Legendary items lost a lot of stats in exchange for boosting the values on a smaller selection of stats, some of this took place in the last gear overhaul too, things like removing attack speed off of a helmet and replacing it with mostly randomly generated stats. Some of them clearly in the name of giving a broader spectrum of choices (like removing crit damage from Skorn) are not a bad thing, but a lot of them are simply changes that make items less interesting.

In some ways the item design has taken a step towards more unique builds (new elemental damage, certain item procs and abilities), where as some (a lot) items have devolved into glorified yellows, which has resulted in the yellow items now becoming obsolete. Yellows in Diablo are now like how Blues are in WoW, entry level. Also the massively increased droprate has been laced by account bound items and killed off trading altogether, which is from a Diablo veteran perspective killed off an integral part of the game/series.

If you're coming back to play after taking a break then the new patch is definitely worth a go, it's like a new lick of paint, theres some good fun in there and some cool items to explore but it's much shorter lived, in a week my character has tripled it's damage and survival as a result of the new drops, but it's to the point where almost nothing can be an upgrade, it's at that threshold where there is nowhere realistic to go, that point at which I'd probably give it a rest and stop playing again.

Which is what I will be doing until the expansion release, not playing at all.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-03-21 at 04:09 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I think the changes greatly improved the game but I can't say I like it..It just feels like grinding, you grind gear to grind faster and get more gear!. At least with WoW you get the sense of progression and teamwork.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I think the changes greatly improved the game but I can't say I like it..It just feels like grinding, you grind gear to grind faster and get more gear!. At least with WoW you get the sense of progression and teamwork.
    I'm not sure what you were expecting of a Diablo game.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

loot 2.0 is abit to good at times, wish legenderies would seperate into personal and non personal.

playing wizard and rarely finding anything for other classess isnt fun.

i wanna find item for certain class and go "umm this looking intresting lets try a build with that item on X"

this is the only problem i have with it atm, maybe by 70 it will be better.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I liked the game in its Vanilla form. I enjoyed playing through it a few times, but it never really held my attention like Diablo II did. Now. however, I love it; it has improved tenfold on what it originally was, and RoS will only continue to improve on it.

All these Diablo II veterans tend to forget that D2 only became the classic it is now after Lord of Destruction was released. Expansions do wonders.

Deleted
    Voted for the first option. Though I liked it in the beginning, I lost interest in the game quite quickly after the release. I also didn't want to buy the addon right away, and probably wait some time.
    Right now I'm enjoying it, made over 240 paragon levels (started at 0). And half my wow guild and some rl friends play it too, so I bought the addon to also play co-op.

It's not the loot 2.0 that's only bringing me back, it's LITERALLY the fact that they changed the hit detection to make more sense (attack ranges and timing appropriate to enemy size/animation frames). I though it was horrible to have an ARPG where precision control is key mean nothing because enemies had that stupid advantage.

In terms of loot 2.0 itself, I like how some of the new legs work, but I'd really need to see how gearing and builds work before I "like" the game. No one's 70 or fully geared yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fablewynd View Post
    I liked the game in its Vanilla form. I enjoyed playing through it a few times, but it never really held my attention like Diablo II did. Now. however, I love it; it has improved tenfold on what it originally was, and RoS will only continue to improve on it.

All these Diablo II veterans tend to forget that D2 only became the classic it is now after Lord of Destruction was released. Expansions do wonders.
    This is kind of an unfair statement, D2 vets weren't ever trying to defend vanilla d2, they were stating how instead of improving on what worked in d2x1.13, they scrapped it all and went the WoW route with gear and relied heavily on the AH, only to realize that doesn't work at all for the longevity of the game. Instead of comparing vanilla 2 to vanilla 3, comparing the final version of D2x (1.13) to vanilla D3 is a more honest comparison.

An example is that Runewords are build changers, D2x had those and D3 vanilla did not. Now, D3x has them.
    Do not underestimate us.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we are talking about D3 like right at launch date then no, I hated that game. D3 after paragon was released was when I started enjoying playing my level 60s, RoS just made the game even better. Before RoS I only had a level 60 DH and Wiz; after RoS I leveled a Monk/Barb to 60 and soon a Witch Doctor. The new paragon system and loot 2.0 have made RoS the LoD of D2. The only thing that is slightly disappointing is that they are getting rid of the gold AH, I think that should have stayed but the RMAH should have been removed.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

No, I still dislike it. Even though the AH -> gold farming has been corrected I have serious disagreements with its character building philosophy, as it has deviated from Diablo2.

In the previous game you created a new character with a specific build in mind. You were building a Hydra / Orb / Meteor / Lightning / etc Sorc. A Hammer / Charge Paladin. Pet / Bone / Poison Necro, etc. Characters were created under this premise and then built up to reach their highest potential. Steady progression was made through leveling, you were exploring a talent build, new character. It was exciting, exploring something new is an adventure. Sticking to it gave it some weight and meaning. I had a natural investment in my character.

Diablo3 eliminated this aspect of Diablo2. You get a max level character essentially handed to you, all builds are always available, but they remain fairly weak and require specialized items to progress into later difficulties. The expansion has fixed the acquisition of items, but Diablo3 items have replaced Diablo2 talents. Replaced the notion of building your character. Now instead of choosing talents you choose from gear. RNG from gear just does not replace that sort of character building. Talents were a weighted choice not so easily replaced.

From these disagreements I grew bored and found the game has little to offer me.