Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I just got the funniest spam email I have ever read. I love it.

I just got a spam email for what I am assuming they meant to trick me into thinking was a wod beta invite, but they say beta nowhere in teh email and claim it starts on december 20th 2014, so the expected somebody to believe blizzard was giving them a free copy of the expansion I guess. Anyway, I decided to actually read it to see how bad of a translation they did and holy crap I laughed so hard I had to share it. Hope ya enjoy and if this is a little too "off-topic" then feel free to delete it.

also, deleted the fake serial number and link.

"When you successfully get the serial number, you can pre-install the game files. So, at 12:00 on December 20, 2014, when the game is released, you can enjoy these gifts.
    (1) will receive the upgrade equipment matching specialization (item level 483).
    (2) upgrading the role of class 60 or more, their main professional skills and first aid will rise to 600. If the name of 60 roles yet to learn professional skills, will depend on the role of body armor is automatically selected professional skills. the role will be wearing armor forged / mining expertise Wearing Leather / Mail roles will get leather / skinning Wearing Cloth role will be tailor / enchant
    (3)will get 150 gold to upgrade in order to use the bird points or repair of equipment, and so on. In addition, the upgrade will get four roles ember cloth backpack (22 grid bag) and a stack of food. No flying mounts players will get a basic flying mounts (tribe will get feet pterosaurs; alliance will get Gryphon), and acquisition expert riding (riding level lower than the highest first-order).
    (4) will be upgraded Northrend, Kalimdor / Eastern Kingdoms, and Panda Leah regional flight Riding. Note: We recommend reference.If you have this problem or Battle.net account that you keep this message, please contact our customer service. Enjoy!"

Personally my favorite part is the "feet pterosaurs" Lol.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Heh, Panda Leah. Looks like they translated it to whatever their language was, then Google translated it back.
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

i like that 'Horde' was translated as 'Tribe' haha
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

All hail stupidity!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta grind more bird points!

Deleted
    I'd guess they just cut out certain parts of announcements from Blizz and hopes it'd make sense.

Is no one gonna comment on the "150 gold to upgrade in order to use the bird points"? xDD

Edit: Apparently so :P

Deleted
    tribe will get feet pterosaurs

Best ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Heh, Panda Leah. Looks like they translated it to whatever their language was, then Google translated it back.
    Damn Leah was a panda AND diablo? that girl gets around...
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    I got a mail that i won a free iron skyreaver and then got a winged guardian code >.<

I have a better one!

Just watched the Swedish version of "The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo" trilogy. At one point Lisbeth got a "ball in her head"....should have been "bullet in the head".

Their scams would be a lot more successful if they could hire someone that knew English...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Their scams would be a lot more successful if they could hire someone that knew English...
    Not if they can get out ten times as many phishing emails by not bothering.

I think Blizz should just change the name of Wind Riders to Feet Pterosaurs. Win-Win.

I'll just leave this here...enjoy!

http://www.engrish.com/

Samples

Last edited by Mihalik; 2014-03-20 at 04:22 PM.

I find that the worse the engrish on the menu the better the food is. Because you know that shit is going to be authentic as fuck.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Wacomman View Post
    tribe will get feet pterosaurs

Best ever
    But...I've always wanted flying lizards for my feet!

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    Not if they can get out ten times as many phishing emails by not bothering.

I think Blizz should just change the name of Wind Riders to Feet Pterosaurs. Win-Win.

How would they get out 10x as many phishing emails by not bothering? That makes no sense. Translate once, copy+paste, etc.

That's pretty funny.

The big question is can anyone get it to translate it back to find out what language they used in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Companion pet: Pandaren version of Leah from Diablo 3! xD

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People fall for this?