10+ Year Old Account

Cool Oceanica players now get their own servers!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12163546457#1

REJOICE MY FELLOW OCEANIC PLAYERS!!!
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

2 years too late.

Better late than never, but not much better.

Ah well, I guess I'll reinstall it & see what everyone's fussing about, but frankly they already alienated me 2 years ago & I just expect them to end up finding a new way to muck us around now.

Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    2 years too late.

Better late than never, but not much better.

Ah well, I guess I'll reinstall it & see what everyone's fussing about, but frankly they already alienated me 2 years ago & I just expect them to end up finding a new way to muck us around now.
    "Australians can now get RoS for a reduced price of only 99.99$! Buy now before we run out of stock!"

Anyway.. I'm happy they added the servers, way to many games ignore this need.

Maybe they will add them for WoW with WoD as well

heres a breakdown for us australian bromingoes:

LATENCY IS NO LONGER YOUR ENEMY
    There's nothing worse than battling hordes of demonic hellspawn and then being confronted with the worst enemy of all; the dreaded "Red Ping Bars of Death". More often than not it means a quick jaunt from the nearest graveyard back to your corpse and a hefty repair bill, or significantly worse if you are a Hardcore player. Well fear this cruel mistress no longer, as Blizzard have just launched Australian servers for the Oceanic region!
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: Do I have to purchase Reaper of Souls to play on the Australian servers?

A: All Diablo III players will be able to take advantage of the new local game servers right now, at no additional cost.

Q: Will I need to pay any fees, register to transfer characters, or level up from scratch?

A: No! Because the local Diablo III game servers will be linked with the existing Americas region, all characters, gold, and experience will be unaffected. The introduction of Australian servers will be an immediate benefit to the player, providing a smoother, more responsive gameplay experience.

Q: Will I still be able to play with my friends who are on servers in the Americas?

A: Absolutely! Because the Australian Diablo III game servers will communicate with the servers in the Americas, you will be able to seamlessly play with friends who have already started their adventures there. You will simply play on the server of the person who hosts the game, whether that be Australia or America.

Q: What about Hardcore characters?

A: Playing Hardcore characters with high latency is frustrating, especially if this causes you to die. To maintain the quality of the experience, Hardcore characters from ANZ will only be allowed to play on the Australian game servers. In the event that the Australian Diablo game servers are at full capacity, you will be placed in a queue.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Good news for sure.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, it's really nice seeing Blizzard make some serious effort to improve Diablo 3, with no moneygrabbing involed. Did the team get new management or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Wow, it's really nice seeing Blizzard make some serious effort to improve Diablo 3, with no moneygrabbing involed. Did the team get new management or something?
    Must off lol
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Call me cynical, but my bet would be that they suddenly discovered RoS orders for Oceania were significantly lower than expected.

Hardly surprising really - the general forums after D3's launch were pretty bad, but the oceanic forums made general forums look good... they were way beyond feral. Not the sort of customer response you'd expect to get many repeat sales from.

So the money-grab portion of this is linked to trying to boost RoS expac sales imo.