Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    They only act on reports. They do not actively police these things. If they did, there might be 1000 players (yes, hyperbole), who would still be logged in while everyone else goes to the screen for a name change, or worse, gets a vacation that pisses them off enough to quit. Like weed smokers at a Fish concert. Kick them all out, there are 5 people still cheering.
    There is an easy fix for that. Dont allow option to create names containing those words...So if I wanna create name Niggerlol I won't be able since nigger as prefix or sufix isnt allowed...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    There is an easy fix for that. Dont allow option to create names containing those words...So if I wanna create name Niggerlol I won't be able since nigger as prefix or sufix isnt allowed...
    You do realize that a lot of these names actually are blocked, but you can't create a perfect filter. People will always try to be "smart" and bypass it in some way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Maybe someone could suggest they modify their name database and character creation tool to implement such a task. My guess is, they are happier not spending the extra money and handling these things on a case by case basis.

Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post
    It was a play on the fact that my character was a dwarf with a big beard. I really didn't think people would find it that offensive, but apparently you do.
    You have to realise that A: nobody knows what YOU were thinking when you made the name, they an only interpret it in regards to their own personal view filters, and B: literally millions of people play the game, thousands of which probably see your name on a weekly basis. The chances that none of them would interpret it incorrectly are pretty much nil.

By your logic, it should be perfectly ok to call my Tauren Warrior Bigdick, because he is large, and his name is Richard. I mean, who could possibly be offended by Large Richard?

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Report them. Blizzard relies on reports for bad names. They do not go out of their way to find them.
    Im just pointing out, if pople are offended if someone is using name cocklicker ( just an example ) and reports person that has it when why he/she doesnt report all people/characters with that name. I will say it again, it is much less time consuming if Blizzard add words like pedo, pussy, tit, suck.... to a ban list and forbids you to create names like those...

10 years and ppl still don't understand the naming policy? it doesn't matter what you think or who is offended, if a name breaks any of blizzards ToS policies you will be forced to change it, it is the GMs discretion as to how else to punish ToS violations, if you feel that this was too harsh a punishment, then take it up with blizzard, WoWGMFeedback-US@Blizzard.com there's really no discussion here, and again for the last time, just because you see other ppl running around with ToS breaking names doesn't mean your name was worse, it means someone reported you, or blizzard became aware of your name. they don't police trade chat, they can only respond to names they are aware of.
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    By your logic, it should be perfectly ok to call my Tauren Warrior Bigdick, because he is large, and his name is Richard. I mean, who could possibly be offended by Large Richard?
    It actually is for each of those opening these stupid threads. It's just one of those people shouldn't be so offended hurr durr circle jerks.

Guys, pedobear is a meme. A character. It's just like naming your character based on a character from a movie/cartoon/book. It's not about pedophilia, it's a funny meme(questionably) making a lot of people on the internet laugh, you're the ones making it about pedophilia. OP was right, you ARE narrow-minded.
    Last edited by Archiul; 2014-03-20 at 05:49 PM.

I don't find pedobear offensive at all. I find pedophilia very offensive.

By the same token, I don't find Killer Instincts offensive at all while I do find murder highly offensive.

Tou did break the ToS though, so you got your ban coming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post
    Well I would personally be laughing left and right seeing what kind of names people come out with. I really don't think people should be so sensitive.
    Just shows what an ass you are to be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The free dictionary
    Follow: Join the Word of the Day Mailing List
    Pedo

Pedo- or Paedo-[1] is a prefix with these meanings:

Primarily, "relating to children", from the Greek word pais (παῖς), meaning child or slave,[2] which derived from the Proto-Indo European base word *peu-, meaning "small," "young" or "few,".[1] It is spelled "pedo-" in USA spelling and "paedo-" in British spelling.
    Also, "relating to foot", in words (e.g. pedometer) derived from the Proto-Indo European word *ped-, meaning "foot,"[3] such as the Latin prefix ped-, also meaning foot,[4]
    Also, "relating to soil", from the Greek word for soil pedon (πέδον)[5][6]
    Also, "relating to flatulence", pēdō (infinitive pēdere) [Latin: to break wind], the root word for flatulation in several Indo-European languages;[7] see Fart
    Child beard? Foot beard? Soil beard? Flatulence beard? OP, do you realize what a despicable human being you are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked the thread.

Conclusion and core of the thread has become more a jab than a discussion. We all have opinions, as well as wanting to share them but we still all have to keep it all by mind. This thread does lead into a questionable topic by digging deeper at the general case, one of the reasons I am locking it. As well as some people's reactions, and the counter reactions dismantling the thread slowly.

If you disagree on my actions of locking the thread, you are welcome to send a PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..