Page 1 of 118
... LastLast

New damage meter (Details!) need help with tests and feedbacks

Details! Damage Meter Official Feedback Thread, be free to post your question / dump errors / give suggestions.

Join the Details! Community Discord:

Resources:
    Last edited by Tercio; 2018-10-29 at 08:20 PM.

Is there in game config to remove backgrounds & borders, or to change font?

Quote Originally Posted by Fefina View Post
    Is there in game config to remove backgrounds & borders, or to change font?
    Sure, on options panel -> Appearance you find out all what you need:
    For background, change the skin to "Flat Color" or "Simply Gray" (we are still working on skins, some glitches still persist). For borders disable the option "Show Borders", font options are in "Bar Text Settings" section.

If you hide borders, probably you might want hide status bar as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know howmuch of a PITA addon development can be, it looks like you did a very nice job n this one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks very nice, will have to try it out in next weeks raids and see if results compare with logs and Skada. If they do i'll switch to this, interface seems much more practical.

quick question, does this measure attacks hit/absorb/parry/dodge/partial absorb percentages on me as a tank?
    Also, with Skada i can have it work as a threat-meter while in combat and switch back to a display off my choosing when combat ends, this let's me have just 1 window for both instead of damage meter + threat meter on my screen. Is that possible with Details?
    Last edited by Revi; 2014-03-22 at 05:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never mind, those "tips" are popping up constantly, and i can't find a way to disable it.
    I also can't find a way to have it auto-swap it a certain meter in combat, and swap back after, which is the main reason I've been using Skada.

Some things I'd like to see, other that those two are:
    Config menu skin changing, when you change the skin of the window.
    An overall scale slider that affects bars, icons, text, window, config menu.. everything.
    Just generally more options to customize it.

Will try it again to compare results to logs/skada when the "tips" popups are fixed/removed. It's really not needed after you've been told the exact same thing in the step-by-step tutorial.

quick question, does this measure attacks hit/absorb/parry/dodge/partial absorb percentages on me as a tank?
    definitely we need create a tab on player details window for avoidance status, right now this information is pretty hidden under Widgets (plugins) -> Vanguard -> click on damage vs heal bar.
    Can you tell more about "partial absorb percentages"? i didn't get it.

Never mind, those "tips" are popping up constantly, and i can't find a way to disable it.
    Looks like a bug. Can you confirm that after x5 "/reload" this annoying tips are gone? this even wasn't to show more than once

Config menu skin changing, when you change the skin of the window.
    An overall scale slider that affects bars, icons, text, window, config menu.. everything.
    Just generally more options to customize it.
    Thank you for all your feedbacks and suggestions (that scale option is really a basic thing missing, shame on me).

Just installed, will test it out and report back (but so far it looks great).

Looks awesome Shame i don't use DPS panels atm, i keep them hidden. If i use them again will definitely be using this!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    definitely we need create a tab on player details window for avoidance status, right now this information is pretty hidden under Widgets (plugins) -> Vanguard -> click on damage vs heal bar.
    Can you tell more about "partial absorb percentages"? i didn't get it.

Looks like a bug. Can you confirm that after x5 "/reload" this annoying tips are gone? this even wasn't to show more than once

Thank you for all your feedbacks and suggestions (that scale option is really a basic thing missing, shame on me).

The tips seem to have stopped when i logged on today
    I mean being able to see how much of a boss' attacks on me were absorbed, hits, parried etc... Partial absorb would be when i have a 200k shield up, and boss hits for 400k, so only some of the damage is absorbed.

The tips seem to have stopped when i logged on today
    I mean being able to see how much of a boss' attacks on me were absorbed, hits, parried etc... Partial absorb would be when i have a 200k shield up, and boss hits for 400k, so only some of the damage is absorbed.
    Thank you, we are working on a way to make avoidance information more clear.

Deleted
    Would be awesome if there was a way to save the data for a specific fight into a .txt document or something to look at later. Like if Im doing an LFR and later want to see check it quick to see for example how many Blood Thirsts i hit during Malkorok or something.

Atm im using Recount and its something ive always wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Would be awesome if there was a way to save the data for a specific fight into a .txt document or something to look at later. Like if Im doing an LFR and later want to see check it quick to see for example how many Blood Thirsts i hit during Malkorok or something.

Atm im using Recount and its something ive always wanted.
    Turn on combat logging and WoW will save all that information for you. Warning: the file gets very large, very quickly and is extremely unmanageable if you don't regularly get rid of it. You could also create an account on World of Logs or WarcraftLogs and upload the logs so you can actually see what you're doing.

I use BossLogger to turn combat logs on for each boss. It only captures the boss fights to keep the file a bit smaller.

OT: this looks very interesting so far. I'm going to have to take a look at it and see how it compares.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Deleted
    I installed it and messed around with it for a while. And I was immediately hit by the looks of it. For someone like me, who like the UI to be very clean and neat the addon seemed a bit cluttered. Alot of borders and backgrounds looking a bit too clunky.
    But, the addon might not be for me, but I found an option to use a theme called "simple grey". Another theme would be great. Something along the lines of "minimalistic". A theme the instantly gets rid of all clunky borders and backgrounds. Only saving the key features etc.

That being said, I really like the addon. With a bit more work on it I expect this to be a real competitor to both Skada and Recount.

Nice work

A theme the instantly gets rid of all clunky borders and backgrounds. Only saving the key features etc.
    Thank you for your opinion, minimalistic skin for sure is a "must have skin" and will be added on the next update.

Saving a entire segment is not possible, unfortunately, due to some limitations.
    But report to a plain text format where you can copy and paste, for instance, on notepad, facebook, will be available on the next update

Can't save same settings for other Instances (Windows) The button does nothing and when opening more windows they look like like default one

Quote Originally Posted by Jappse View Post
    Can't save same settings for other Instances (Windows) The button does nothing and when opening more windows they look like like default one
    Hmm, thats weird, i checked here and seems to be working, did you filled the name camp on the left side of the save button?
    To load a saved preset, choose the instance on the dropdown located on the bottom right coner (this load the options panel for that instance) and click or hold the mouse over the load button, a list with saved presets is shown.
    Please let me know if this worked or if is really broken for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    Hmm, thats weird, i checked here and seems to be working, did you filled the name camp on the left side of the save button?
    To load a saved preset, choose the instance on the dropdown located on the bottom right coner (this load the options panel for that instance) and click or hold the mouse over the load button, a list with saved presets is shown.
    Please let me know if this worked or if is really broken for you.
    Oh, yes now it works. But it doesn't work for instances that are currently NOT shown. It would be nice if it did.

This does look very cool - I'll download and test this, see how it goes.