thanks details for updating BFA.

Hello. I tried searching this thread for the answer but I couldn't find one (searched for about 20 pages). I apologize if I missed it.

Just downloaded this today, coming from Skada, but I am having an issue.

I have the "Damage Done" window up and it's set to "Overall Data", but it seems to randomly just stop updating after a few mobs or sometimes half way through the dungeon. I have another window with "Damage Done" and that's set to "Current Segment", which works just fine. So I'm not sure why the "Overall Data" segment isn't working. I even have it set at 0.05 but it still doesn't update at all. I have the all segments box checked as well.

All I want it to do is to keep me updated throughout the whole dungeon/raid of the total damage done by everybody. I've tried to use "dynamic overall damage" in a dungeon, but that lists everybody doing the same overall damage, even the healer, which is obviously not correct.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated, thanks!
    Last edited by Mano369; 2018-07-18 at 10:11 AM.

got this error after prepatch, details doesn't work now. was fine day before. any way to fix it without losing all my settings?

Error: interface\addons\details\gumps\janela_principal.lua:5153: attempt to index local 'skin' (a nil value)

15+ Year Old Account
    How do I copy my Details! profile from one character to another or make it a global profile?

EDIT: lol nevermind, just noticed there was a popup on a new character to use the other profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Mano369 View Post
    Hello. I tried searching this thread for the answer but I couldn't find one (searched for about 20 pages). I apologize if I missed it.

Just downloaded this today, coming from Skada, but I am having an issue.

I have the "Damage Done" window up and it's set to "Overall Data", but it seems to randomly just stop updating after a few mobs or sometimes half way through the dungeon. I have another window with "Damage Done" and that's set to "Current Segment", which works just fine. So I'm not sure why the "Overall Data" segment isn't working. I even have it set at 0.05 but it still doesn't update at all. I have the all segments box checked as well.

All I want it to do is to keep me updated throughout the whole dungeon/raid of the total damage done by everybody. I've tried to use "dynamic overall damage" in a dungeon, but that lists everybody doing the same overall damage, even the healer, which is obviously not correct.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated, thanks!
    In Details! When you leave combat, the data from that combat is added to overall data, this is done for performance. I'll need to see what's going on on the Dynamic o.d. , thanks.for.repprting the issue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sensor View Post
    got this error after prepatch, details doesn't work now. was fine day before. any way to fix it without losing all my settings?

Error: interface\addons\details\gumps\janela_principal.lua:5153: attempt to index local 'skin' (a nil value)
    Do you have the full error with the entire backtrace? I need to see where the error starts. The error it self is telling that the profile is.pointing to non existing skin file, which is very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    In Details! When you leave combat, the data from that combat is added to overall data, this is done for performance. I'll need to see what's going on on the Dynamic o.d. , thanks.for.repprting the issue
    It doesn't even do that for me, I've had to have other people report the DPS totals after the dungeon is over. I've tried to reinstall it and install it 3 or 4 times just in case something was bugged while installing, still no luck on the totals. I love everything about this addon, but it's the one thing I miss from Skada.

Quote Originally Posted by Mano369 View Post
    It doesn't even do that for me, I've had to have other people report the DPS totals after the dungeon is over. I've tried to reinstall it and install it 3 or 4 times just in case something was bugged while installing, still no luck on the totals. I love everything about this addon, but it's the one thing I miss from Skada.
    Weird, something might not be working correctly, at this point it should be adding when you leave combat. Please open the options panel and go to PvE/PvP and mark "All Segments" in the Overall Bracket. It's also recommended to install BugSack and BugGrabber to see if some bug is happening in the code.
    Keep me updated on this issue, thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sensor View Post

Hey, I'm working on this issue, could you run this macro?, let me know what it prints on the chat, thank you!:

/run Details:InstanciaCallFunctionOffline (function(_, instance) print (instance:GetId(), instance:IsEnabled(), instance.skin) end)

Hey, I'm working on this issue, could you run this macro?, let me know what it prints on the chat, thank you!:

/run Details:InstanciaCallFunctionOffline (function(_, instance) print (instance:GetId(), instance:IsEnabled(), instance.skin) end)[/QUOTE]

This is what i get and you can see on the chat what comes out after running your macro. nothing really except (1 true Minimalist)

P.S not sure why ss not showing. https://imgur.com/a/wD4VAkM here is the link
    12 year rogue player!

Quote Originally Posted by KingMavros View Post

/run Details:InstanciaCallFunctionOffline (function(_, instance) print (instance:GetId(), instance:IsEnabled(), instance.skin) end)

This is what i get and you can see on the chat what comes out after running your macro. nothing really except (1 true Minimalist)

P.S not sure why ss not showing. https://imgur.com/a/wD4VAkM here is the link
    [/QUOTE]

The skin file looks fine, the big error might be a false positive and the problem lies in other place.
    Can you install BugGrabber and BugSack? they will catch more bugs and put them in an icon in the minimap which turns red when there's errors on addons, then you can copy and paste here, thank you!

This is what I am getting.
    2x Deferred XML Node object named DetailsFrameworkTutorialAlertFrameTemplate already exists
    !BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:578: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:578>

Locals:
    nil
    And the rest
    DetailsFrameworkBoxAlertTemplateUp
    DetailsFrameworkSplitBarTemplate
    DetailsFrameworkEditBoxTemplate2
    DetailsFrameworkEditBoxMultiLineTemplate
    DetailsFrameworkButtonTemplate
    DFCooltipMainFrameTemplate
    DFCooltipButtonTemplate
    New stuff
    DetailsFrameworkDropDownTemplate
    DFCooltipButtonTemplate
    Last edited by f4ncybear; 2018-07-20 at 05:21 AM.

8.0.1 will bring more support to scripting on details!, come back in a few days, I might have something for you to test
    Hey, just wanted to say great addon, and also to lend my voice to this request. More options to control visibility would be super, some examples:

• Show only in group, or only in raid
    • Show only in combat OR mouseover (currently it is one or the other, but not both)
    • Hide during combat
    • Hide in PvP areas (arenas, BGs)

Being able to pick and choose from these would be awesome. I and a few friends have been rebuilding our UIs to be cleaner and less cluttered for BfR, and having a meter addon that can hide away when not needed automatically would be awesome

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    This is what I am getting.

And the rest

New stuff
    DetailsFrameworkDropDownTemplate
    DFCooltipButtonTemplate
    Those already exists aren't error, just useless warning that we have to deal with now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Hey, just wanted to say great addon, and also to lend my voice to this request. More options to control visibility would be super, some examples:

• Show only in group, or only in raid
    • Show only in combat OR mouseover (currently it is one or the other, but not both)
    • Hide during combat
    • Hide in PvP areas (arenas, BGs)

Being able to pick and choose from these would be awesome. I and a few friends have been rebuilding our UIs to be cleaner and less cluttered for BfR, and having a meter addon that can hide away when not needed automatically would be awesome

Thanks again!
    We're expanding the "run code" feature, soon this kind of thing will be more easy to do.

Recently made the switch to Details and I really like it. My only issue is that it's a little harder to use than Recount and I'm not 100% sure if it's accurately recording data due to how I set it up (I have a feeling it's, for some reason, counting data from past encounters. So I'll kill some monsters by myself then join a raid, reset the data and pull a boss, but it's still using data from before? I dunno.)

Also it invaded my death recount and the Details death recount window sucks ass compared to the default one. Can't figure out how to get the default one back.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Recently made the switch to Details and I really like it. My only issue is that it's a little harder to use than Recount and I'm not 100% sure if it's accurately recording data due to how I set it up (I have a feeling it's, for some reason, counting data from past encounters. So I'll kill some monsters by myself then join a raid, reset the data and pull a boss, but it's still using data from before? I dunno.)

Also it invaded my death recount and the Details death recount window sucks ass compared to the default one. Can't figure out how to get the default one back.
    If you have on "Current Segment" it's all fine.
    You mean Death Recap? I think is under options panel > raid tools.

If you have on "Current Segment" it's all fine.
    You mean Death Recap? I think is under options panel > raid tools.
    I'll check when I get on next, thanks. I love Details but their death recap is like, really bad. Sometimes it also won't even work at all.

Deleted
    how to fix this its driving me crazy the title bar or the background whatever is UNEVEN. Dont know if this is right place to post this

Quote Originally Posted by Createk View Post
    how to fix this its driving me crazy the title bar or the background whatever is UNEVEN. Dont know if this is right place to post this
    Depend on the skin, I think this is how Minimalistic V2 looks like.

Had this little ui glitch since I updated for prepatch recently not a huge deal atm but it's semi annoying it's the wow interface skin icons not fitting into the portrait frames no matter what I do.

i.imgur.com/a/9BrOsS5

I can't post links so just remove the extra i from the url please.

Hi guys, i've been creating this addon for a long time and i think it got to a point where reading feedbacks and improve what we already have is more important than build new features.
    Just here to say i hate you. You killed the other dps add ons and this one is overkill. To much information and memory. WAY TO MUCH memory. I just wanted a simple dps check in game, i can go to the logs afterwards and see the details (i.e live logging).

It appears this is the only option now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    Just here to say i hate you. You killed the other dps add ons and this one is overkill. To much information and memory. WAY TO MUCH memory. I just wanted a simple dps check in game, i can go to the logs afterwards and see the details (i.e live logging).

It appears this is the only option now.
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm. I love the addon though. Good stuff.