10+ Year Old Account

Boomkin. I just.... UGH!

Right off the bat; grab yourselves a cocktail.

So, here we go.

I've spent alot of time reading, watching and listening to people's advice for Boomkins. I've improved ALOT, and now fully understand the art form of a boomkin; or so i thought.

Heres where I compare numerically to the average boomkin, for the last 2 weeks, for the first 8 fights of SoO 10M Normal.

As of last night

Immerseus: (My dps 139K) - (average is 98K) =+41K
    Protectors: (My dps 238K) - (average is 230K) = +8K
    Norushen: (My dps 247K) - (average is 149K) = +98K
    Pride: (My dps 220K ) - (average is 230k) = +10K
    Galakras: (My dps 217K) - (average is 150K) = +67K
    Juggs: (My dps 225K) - (average is 214k) = +11K
    Shams: (My dps 250K) - (average is 260k) = -10K
    Nazgrim: (My dps 280K) - (average is 189k) = +91K

That was last nights numbers for me.

Now for Garrosh; Monday night (we havent downed him yet).. I was about 100K dps under the average boomkin- every attempt.

Why is this happening?... Mind you I'm on engineers, so please take that into account.

If you see any obvious issues please let me know!!

If you have any other questions please ask!!

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot like my WoL's, seeing as i just made my mmo champ account.

to access my WoL's please go to:

WOL > Realms> Sargeras > Donner Party > 3/17/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Droobear View Post
    Why is this happening?... Mind you I'm on engineers, so please take that into account.
    You answered the question yourself.

Also I have a weird feeling that what you're considering is an "average" boomkin DPS is not in any way an average of anything.

Immerseus: (My dps 139K) - (average is 98K) =+41K
    Protectors: (My dps 238K) - (average is 230K) = +8K
    Norushen: (My dps 247K) - (average is 149K) = +98K
    Pride: (My dps 220K ) - (average is 230k) = +10K
    Galakras: (My dps 217K) - (average is 150K) = +67K
    Juggs: (My dps 225K) - (average is 214k) = +11K
    Shams: (My dps 250K) - (average is 260k) = -10K
    Nazgrim: (My dps 280K) - (average is 189k) = +91K
    Aaaan where did you get these numbers?
    I do not believe this is "average" Moonkin numbers at all, seems... Low.

OP: Droobear (I assume) & http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/142348/
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post

Also I have a weird feeling that what you're considering is an "average" boomkin DPS is not in any way an average of anything.
    Not much else to be said I don't think.

Whilst it's not entirely accurate you could check http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/sargeras/droobear/ - Looks lower than average to me?
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-03-19 at 11:29 PM.

the OP is 560 ilvl night elf enchanter jewelcrafter doing normal modes please be nice

+ if you read his post he's looking for tips to improve, not what you guys think about how good his current damage. Pretty sure he's pointing out he brought it up after reading guides and stuff - looking someone to look for mistakes in his logs etc
    Last edited by Aboubacar; 2014-03-19 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by restoxpresso View Post
    Raidbots is where i got my "averages" from.

- - - Updated - - -

Didnt know i could do that.. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post

Where or how do i come up with an accurate average? Is it possible?

youre running to africa every 30s during the highest dps phase of the fight where everyone is whoring meters on adds that get 1shot by the iron star.

thats your answer. get someone else to do it and pop all your CDs at the beginning and spam hurricane, you'll see the difference.

Deleted
    Most people whore in phase 1 (myself included if I'm tanking on an alt), which is when you do the most dmg.

Try get someone else to take the engineer and compare your dps then.

Quote Originally Posted by restoxpresso View Post
    Normal difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Where or how do i come up with an accurate average? Is it possible?
    Average? I don't think you should compare average. Median is what you should look for and raidbots tell you that. 50th percentile = right in the middle. This is including the lower bottom that have performed like crap though, it would probably be more accurate to remove the worst 10-20% and best 3%.

As a raid leader and former moonkin in a 25 man for most of the xpac, I would NEVER put a moonkin on eng duty. A Surv hunter is typically ideal for this role. There is too much you loose by not being able to multi dot the adds in melee while waiting for the iron star. You're losing a significant numbers of starsurge procs.

Also as an added note with Ursol's Vortex you'd be a utility help if the tanks were having trouble keeping the adds in the path of the iron star. So to have you off in, as another poster said, Africa is a terrible choice and you should have another non dot based (as their primary form of DPS) range handle that
    Last edited by Elapsed; 2014-03-20 at 03:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elapsed View Post
    As a raid leader and former moonkin in a 25 man for most of the xpac, I would NEVER put a moonkin on eng duty. A Surv hunter is typically ideal for this role.
    Tbh, at 560 doing normal Garry, I'd just put the ranged guy doing least single target dps (total Garry damage done in p1 that is) on the engineer, regardless of class.

Raidbots is inaccurate. It compares you with Korean steroid gamers.

I clicked your armory link and it has you using NV, which is trash use HoTW instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Elapsed View Post
    As a raid leader and former moonkin in a 25 man for most of the xpac, I would NEVER put a moonkin on eng duty. A Surv hunter is typically ideal for this role. There is too much you loose by not being able to multi dot the adds in melee while waiting for the iron star. You're losing a significant numbers of starsurge procs.

Also as an added note with Ursol's Vortex you'd be a utility help if the tanks were having trouble keeping the adds in the path of the iron star. So to have you off in, as another poster said, Africa is a terrible choice and you should have another non dot based (as their primary form of DPS) range handle that
    Don't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    Don't do this
    /agree.

Also just let everyone else pad and worry about single target dmg in progression. I ended up lowest on meters overall on heroic garrosh progression but second on garrosh specifically.