Shammy dps troubles

Hey fellow shamans,

I recently started playing my shammy after a long break and I have a feeling I'm not doing as much dps as I could potentially be. My armory is is in the signture.

For the rotation I start with Fire ele + potion + ascendance + stormlash totem and then FS then LvB spam til ascendance is over, from there I drop searing totem, ES at 7 shield stacks and refresh FS at about 3sec left, LvB and EB on CD and then LB spam as filler.

I usually get anywhere from 100-120k dps but I think I could be doing more with my gear.

Any help is appreciated.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Potion > Fire ele > Lava burst (Replace with Elemental blast if specced) > (Boss is pulled) > Flame shock > Stormlash > Unleash (If unleashed specced) > Ascendance > Lava Burst Spam

DPS is fine for your gear.
    Gloves need reworked, Mastery > all. Get rid of the haste reforge on most gear.
    Last edited by Kritch; 2014-03-21 at 06:19 AM.
    #nannypolicemoderators

Reforged all to mastery. Thanks for the help
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Deleted
    Why mastery?

I was under the impression that haste and mastery are fairly equal stat weights for ele shaman with haste taking slight priority for single target DPS. Not to mention when I simmed my character it told me to reforge haste

Deleted
    Oh yeah, I forgot it's hard to play Elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenSatori View Post
    How witty! Also, extra kudos for posting that in a thread from a guy genuinely asking for advice, I wish there was were people like you in the world.

@OP Haste is usually above Mastery on pure single target yes, though Mastery is usually much better (unless you have bad gear) whenever any sort of cleave is involved (usually why Elementals go Mastery).

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    For the rotation I start with Fire ele + potion + ascendance + stormlash totem and then FS then LvB spam til ascendance is over, from there I drop searing totem, ES at 7 shield stacks and refresh FS at about 3sec left, LvB and EB on CD and then LB spam as filler.
    From what you said (it may be your wording), there are two things that you should definitely change:

A) You should pop Ascendance when you have a Flame Shock on the target (with over 15 seconds left so you don't have to renew it) and when Lava Burst is ON cooldown.

B) I hope you mean that you're drop Searing Totem when your Fire Elemental runs out, and not just when Ascendance falls off; this would be an absolutely colossal DPS loss.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-21 at 01:55 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah you should be popping stormlash before Ascendance too. Basically like Anzen says, you pop Ascendance once flame shock is up for more than 15 secs and lava burst is on CD. Once you've popped it you really shouldnt be casting anything but lava burst till its over.

So things like hero, stormlash etc should all come before Ascendance so that while Ascendance is up you can lava burst/beam with no interruptions

I tend to go: (Specced EB as I have shitty gear at the moment)

2 seconds before pull, pot and precast EB.

1. Heroism (if able)
    2. Flame Shock
    3. Lava Burst
    4. Fire Elemental
    5. Storm Lash
    6. Ascend
    7. LvB Spam

If you're specced UF I'd imagine you would use LB pre-pull and add UE just before Ascendance.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenSatori View Post
    Very helpful, please go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

From what you said (it may be your wording), there are two things that you should definitely change:

A) You should pop Ascendance when you have a Flame Shock on the target (with over 15 seconds left so you don't have to renew it) and when Lava Burst is ON cooldown.
    Okay I didnt know that so will definitely start doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    B) I hope you mean that you're drop Searing Totem when your Fire Elemental runs out, and not just when Ascendance falls off; this would be an absolutely colossal DPS loss.
    Yeah bad wording on my part, I drop searing when ele expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I'm going haste > mastery until my gear level's higher or I hit the meta gem, whichever comes first.
    I've started with haste > mastery to help me get into the rotation (levelled as enhancement). It flows better for me with a decent amount of haste.
    YMMV, obviously.