Poll: ..

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Talking What's your favorite damage dealer spec for the healer class?

What's your favorite damage dealer spec for the healer class?

(I take it back. Keep making threads constantly. I'm starting to like these.)

Assuming you mean "Favorite DPS spec that's got a healer spec in the same class" Windwalker. I'm also fairly partial to Shadow Priest. Neither is anywhere near as good as an Elemental Shaman as far as utility goes, or damage in the case of Spriest, but I just can't bring myself to like them. Enhance is a mess but that's also melee so it's a case of "way better damage or ranged and not a liability?"

In short: Windwalker for personal enjoyment, Shadow for raid's enjoyment.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    (I take it back. Keep making threads constantly. I'm starting to like these.)

Assuming you mean "Favorite DPS spec that's got a healer spec in the same class" Windwalker. I'm also fairly partial to Shadow Priest. Neither is anywhere near as good as an Elemental Shaman as far as utility goes, or damage in the case of Spriest, but I just can't bring myself to like them. Enhance is a mess but that's also melee so it's a case of "way better damage or ranged and not a liability?"

In short: Windwalker for personal enjoyment, Shadow for raid's enjoyment.
    Yeah Favorite DPS spec that's got a healer spec in the same class.

I'm torn between Shadow and Windwalker myself, even worse, I'm torn between Mistweaver and Holy\Discipline They are all so different but both fun in their own way

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow is REALLY fun, imo. Elemental and Balance are pretty "meh." And, I personally don't like melee DPS specs...

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    Shadow is REALLY fun, imo. Elemental and Balance are pretty "meh." And, I personally don't like melee DPS specs...
    I also get the impression that Shadow is getting more and more choices in term of playout, you know.
    Focus on dots or not focus on them in Warlords, there is a choice Plus you can already like focus on channeling damage, Insanity or go for procs, quick Mind Spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    I've started goofing around with my Shadow Priest recently, and I really enjoy floating around in Shadow Form as a ghost/spirit. It's pretty amazing.

I agree that Elemental and Balance are "meh". My friend got her Shaman to 90 and quit soon afterwards because it was so dull. Balance needs a LOT more instant procs like Shooting Stars or at least more reduced casting times. Gorgeous spell effects though.

I voted Elemental, just because it's the only "DPS on a healing hybrid" spec I've actually played. I found it somewhat boring. There was definitely a lot of Lightning Bolt spam. But I never played it much. Though I do think it was fun to near 1-shot some players with Lava Burst crits back in Wrath. Even on an alt that had shit gear, Lava Burst hit absurdly hard back then.

The Shaman was my "OMG SWEET I CAN BE A SHAMAN AS ALLIANCE NOW" moment from BC. Never took the character too seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental Shaman. Casting while moving can't be beat.

Deleted
    Elemental shaman . The versatibility given by totems and the cast on the move and BLOODLUST cant be beaten

10+ Year Old Account
    I was always fascinated with Enhance Shamans, love playing one for an alt.

Atonement priests count as dps right guys?
    Guys?

OT: My favourite dps that can also roll healer is Shaman, but I dislike Restoration. If shadow priest dmg was a bit higher I'd go for Priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental by far because they're extremely fun, followed by Enhancement because I've played it since Classic and then Balance because I've always wanted a toolkit like theirs.