Page 1 of 3
LastLast

High xp Route / High Legendary drop route - Prepare for RoS

Hi there guys.

I am glad to share with you my routes for a fast paragorn level up, or for a fast gearing up, and preparing for the incoming expansion Reaper of souls.

Here are the vids :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZkojLeD7B4 - high xp run
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCABoQlAVcY - Act I legendary farm run
    http://youtu.be/-Nn2Sp7MJGI - Act III legendary farming run ( this vid was added later, after i took your advice from the posts to try out Core of areat, Thanks alot! )

Hope you try them, and give a feedback. It worked so good for me.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by iontel; 2014-03-23 at 08:20 AM.

Deleted
    Hey! I tried the exp run some weeks ago, someone posted it in the diablofans forum. Because you weren't sure how easy it was as melee: My barb had a lot less damage (~60k) and toughness (~500k), but I can't exactly recall the numbers because it's some time ago. Generally he had a lot worse gear. But he could do that run easier and faster than my dh. So, only comparing these two classes, that run is far better suited for a barb than a dh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    So, only comparing these two classes, that run is far better suited for a barb than a dh.
    Well, yes. DHs are generally worse than other classes in keeping constant AoE up, and the fact that we can't exactly just facetank everything makes it harder.

Especially when compared to Barbs with their 11k+ armor, constant high AoE damage, endless Fury generation with WW, and movement speed buffs it's not weird that DHs fall behind in farming huge AoE packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grxlturd View Post
    Well, yes. DHs are generally worse than other classes in keeping constant AoE up, and the fact that we can't exactly just facetank everything makes it harder.
    We actually lack sustained aoe damage like all other classes have via different skills. Only actual hevay-hitting abilities are Cluster Arrow which has a really high cost and Rain of Vengeance which has a long CD - you can build up item sets to make them better (Cindercloth, Natalya) but still all other classes have simply more efficient aoe farming.

That said, we're not exactly bad and with wolf/MfD we bring good party cooldowns/buffs. In solo play, things are different.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I am ok doing it as you saw, kiting and w8ing for cds, i find it fast. Having a 2handed xbow and the templar out helps alot with the Hatred regen. But yea.. compared with other classes it`s quite behind. I know some wizzards with 1.5 mil thoughness and 250k dmg (medium gear) can finish this run in like 90 sec or so, which improves your xp/hour dramatically. As in a party, i like to run with a witch doctor, monk and a wizz. We do like 1 - 1.2 bil xp / hour, sometimes even better depends on how much we slack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good vids, but currently the CoTA run is far, far more xp/hr. Not sure how good it is for a solo DH though.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Good vids, but currently the CoTA run is far, far more xp/hr. Not sure how good it is for a solo DH though.
    This. Plus, Core of Areat runs are much better for legendary farming.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Yeah, except there is the small fact that CotA has an elite. It takes a pretty damn well geared character to solo an elite at T6 fast enough, and without dying, for it to be lucrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    This. Plus, Core of Areat runs are much better for legendary farming.
    Uhh... I don't know how, exactly. The little spider thingies barely drop an item, let alone a legendary, and besides them there's not that many item dropping monsters in there.

I just got 12 rares and 8 magic items in one run of the Rumford at the Gate -quest. That's not including half a dozen or so whites. Assuming all of those could roll a legendary, this is a pretty damn good route to run for items. And fast.

Second run, 1 legendary, 9 rares, 9 magic items.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-03-21 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah, except there is the small fact that CotA has an elite. It takes a pretty damn well geared character to solo an elite at T6 fast enough, and without dying, for it to be lucrative.
    You dont kill the elite, thats the point of the run. You burst all the normal skeletons down and run out/port out, completewly ignoring the elite. A decently geared char can kill the normal mobs and relog in under a minute.

Uhh... I don't know how, exactly. The little spider thingies barely drop an item, let alone a legendary, and besides them there's not that many item dropping monsters in there.

I just got 12 rares and 8 magic items in one run of the Rumford at the Gate -quest. That's not including half a dozen or so whites. Assuming all of those could roll a legendary, this is a pretty damn good route to run for items. And fast.

There are at least 2 packs in Core and up to 10 chests, with the chests being the main source for drops. A run takes a few minutes and nets about the same amout you get. I farmed this route for a few days and usually get between 2 and 4 legendaries per hour.
    Last edited by Torne; 2014-03-21 at 03:07 PM.

Deleted
    You dont kill the elite, thats the point of the run. You burst all the normal skeletons down and run out/port out, completewly ignoring the elite. A decently geared char can kill the normal mobs and relog in under a minute.
    Well, that still requires you not to die to the elites. Taking down the snakes in act 2 might be a lot easier for many people.

There are at least 2 packs in Core and up to 10 chests, with the chests being the main source for drops. A run takes a few minutes and nets about the same amout you get. I farmed this route for a few days and usually get between 2 and 4 legendaries per hour.
    Fair enough. For those of us who haven't had a complete lobotomy though, a bit of variety is nice, and for that reason this act 1 route seems quite good. Then there's of course the question of fun. If you're having fun mainly running from chest to chest, good for you. The act 1 route has one assured unique (the Mother) and at least a possible two uniques (Ebenezer and Sarkoth), a possible goblin in the dungeon, one or two elite packs, five or so mobs that will always drop an item which is nice regardless of whether it rolls legendary or not (the smaller mothers), and all in all a lot of nice combat.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-03-21 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that still requires you not to die to the elites. Taking down the snakes in act 2 might be a lot easier for many people.

Fair enough. For those of us who haven't had a complete lobotomy though, a bit of variety is nice, and for that reason this act 1 route seems quite good.
    Just die to the elite and rez in town. Rinse/repeat

Has 1-4 chests, 1-3 packs, 0-2 shrines, 0-1 named mobs, a goblin quite of then and 4-8 of those demonic jar thingies(basically lesser chests). And the kicker is it takes 1-3 mins depending on class and difficulty. It doesn't give as much XP though, but if you are after crafting mats or legendaries, it seems to beat rumford quest for limited movement speed classes at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Has 1-4 chests, 1-3 packs, 0-2 shrines, 0-1 named mobs, a goblin quite of then and 4-8 of those demonic jar thingies(basically lesser chests). And the kicker is it takes 1-3 mins depending on class and difficulty. It doesn't give as much XP though, but if you are after crafting mats or legendaries, it seems to beat rumford quest for limited movement speed classes at least.
    Well... Might be my numbed mind but having done it quite a bit it didn't seem that great. I guess, like I said, a bit of variety is good. Keeps the fun up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough. For those of us who haven't had a complete lobotomy though, a bit of variety is nice, and for that reason this act 1 route seems quite good. Then there's of course the question of fun. If you're having fun mainly running from chest to chest, good for you. The act 1 route has one assured unique (the Mother) and at least a possible two uniques (Ebenezer and Sarkoth), a possible goblin in the dungeon, one or two elite packs, five or so mobs that will always drop an item which is nice regardless of whether it rolls legendary or not (the smaller mothers), and all in all a lot of nice combat.
    Well the point of discussion was not the most fun route, it was the most efficient route. Plus, Core also has most of those things.

Id rather just do core runs for legendary, and 4 group COTA6 runs for XP + you get well's for achivement (lol!) and sometime have time to open chest for some loot.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Well... Might be my numbed mind but having done it quite a bit it didn't seem that great. I guess, like I said, a bit of variety is good. Keeps the fun up.
    Yeah I don't do it myself unless I need crafting mats(which we do need in a few days). I just tend to do the standard cemetary, leorics, cath 4 and agony 2. Less legendaries for sure, but it keeps me mind fresh and don't need to log out every min or so.

i tryed cota runs, i cant manage elites on torment VI, they 1 shots. me.. the only thing i can do is hope for the best and not tag the elite, complete the quest, and then kill the mobs in the cave, after the quest is completed. I will try a legendary farm in core of areat.

Deleted
    Well the point of discussion was not the most fun route, it was the most efficient route. Plus, Core also has most of those things.
    The point of the discussion wasn't "the most efficient route", not for me anyway. Not sure who you were discussing with. There was a video of a legendary drop route, and this is one. Nowhere did it claim to be the most efficient. My core runs have netted me with jack shit, and perhaps it's because I just hate the mood of the area, but I'd rather do Rumford. I suppose the discussion is at an end.

15+ Year Old Account
    Snake runs has been nerfed(you dont get the XP when you finish).

About Core vs Rumford runs. Rumford runs are magnitudes much easier due to the Zombie mobs are really easy to deal with(compared to succubus and the phasebeasts), but they net about the same loot and XP(maybe little more loot in Core runs, but its marginal)

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Yeah I don't do it myself unless I need crafting mats(which we do need in a few days). I just tend to do the standard cemetary, leorics, cath 4 and agony 2. Less legendaries for sure, but it keeps me mind fresh and don't need to log out every min or so.
    I just replay the game over and over and over
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.