Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Can't activate Burning Rush with an external speed buff now?

Okay, I understand that the cumulative effect might be considered 'a bit much', but to not even be able to activate the ability just throws me feedback that something is going wrong, which is pretty distracting. I know they nerfed stacking with other abilities, is this one intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Okay, I understand that the cumulative effect might be considered 'a bit much', but to not even be able to activate the ability just throws me feedback that something is going wrong, which is pretty distracting. I know they nerfed stacking with other abilities, is this one intended?
    Yeah about as stupid as Ghost Wolf not being able to use Feathers..

I now have profession, racial, and class sprints that all fuck with each other. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    yeah its intended they did it with like 90% of other speed buffs as well...i think the only ones that can still stack are rouges..and yes its annoying as hell

Deleted
    Same with Burst of Speed and the Nitro Boost from Engi =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeaddsDead View Post

yeah its intended they did it with like 90% of other speed buffs as well...i think the only ones that can still stack are rouges..and yes its annoying as hell
    I can no longer stack my Burst of Speed with my Nitro Boosts, so no, we can not do it anymore either.

Indeed they recently "fixed" all of those stacking speed increases, but it's really dumb that the abilities get greyed out and you can't use them even if they would technically overwrite the slower buff. I mean how hard is to set this stuff up where a 50% speed increase get's overwritten by a 80% one?

That's why most of my speed increase spells/abilities start with a /cancelaura macro >.>

They should have made it like Burst of Speed and Sprint were. Where you could use them both at same time but only one would work.q

this is retarded. burning rush isnt even a good pvp talent. and they want to nerf it cause it benefits a few encounters in pve? (thok, others) what kinda idiotic ****S are working at blizz these days anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    this is retarded. burning rush isnt even a good pvp talent. and they want to nerf it cause it benefits a few encounters in pve? (thok, others) what kinda idiotic ****S are working at blizz these days anyway.

There's been a lot of limitations that PvE has put on top of PvP :/

Its the same nerf Druids got at the beginning of MoP. The reason is RBGs, not Arena. It was too strong for Demo Flag carriers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Its the same nerf Druids got at the beginning of MoP. The reason is RBGs, not Arena. It was too strong for Demo Flag carriers.
    Since when could a flag carrier use engineering rocket boosts. (Hint: Not in a long time). This has nothing to do with PvP, and everything to do with PvE.

So if we have Burning Rush on when Stampeding Roar activates, we'll still get the benefit from both? If so it's time to remember to activate it before 2nd intermission on Garrosh HC.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    Since when could a flag carrier use engineering rocket boosts. (Hint: Not in a long time). This has nothing to do with PvP, and everything to do with PvE.

Um. We're not talking about Rocket Boosts exclusively. (Hint: We're talking about the inability to activate Burning Rush while under the effects of another movement speed increase, such as Stampeding Roar or Angelic Feather.)

Druids were nerfed in a similar way; They made it so that Dash could no longer be activated while under the effects of another Druid's Stampeding Roar or Angelic Feather. The exact reason stated was RBGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Um. We're not talking about Rocket Boosts exclusively. (Hint: We're talking about the inability to activate Burning Rush while under the effects of another movement speed increase, such as Stampeding Roar or Angelic Feather.)

Druids were nerfed in a similar way; They made it so that Dash could no longer be activated while under the effects of another Druid's Stampeding Roar or Angelic Feather. The exact reason stated was RBGs.
    OH SHIT WHAT? SINCE WHEN? I MISSED THAT MEMO. GOOD GOD. Man that's fucking bullshit. There's barely any point in even going for Burning Rush as a talent in for either PvP OR PvE anymore if that's the case. It consumes 4% HP/sec to keep active, and it's not even that fast. If it doesn't stack with ANYTHING anymore, then it's complete rubbish.

Sorry for the snide remark- was half asleep and didn't realise what this thread was getting at. Thought it was just referring to the changes made like 2 weeks ago about it not stacking with engi belt tinker or worgen's dark flight.

It's not like we have any option for PvE.

I just use Unbound Will for self-dispells now... and this is even more idiotic when you are playing priest. Plant a feather on tank, doesn't work. Check tank. He activated Deaths Advance (30%) so he can't get feather buff. Worgen racial? Yeah, stop feathers too. They went full retard with this patch, because somehow Monk boost from rolls still allow them taking Feathers fine. Stay classy Blizz...
    Last edited by Nivrax; 2014-03-23 at 10:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    I just use Unbound Will for self-dispells now... and this is even more idiotic when you are playing priest. Plant a feather on tank, doesn't work. Check tank. He activated Deaths Advance (30%) so he can't get feather buff. Worgen racial? Yeah, stop feathers too. They went full retard with this patch, because somehow Monk boost from rolls still allow them taking Feathers fine. Stay classy Blizz...
    Paladin Speed of Light works fine too. I don't so much mind the idea of capping the boost with the highest activated, so long as it can be activated; the worse part is mashing a button and wondering why nothings happening, because 99% of the time when that happens then it means something's wrong.

I wonder how many speed boosts are going away in WoD.

So many of them seem redundant now that they don't stack.

So if we have Burning Rush on when Stampeding Roar activates, we'll still get the benefit from both? If so it's time to remember to activate it before 2nd intermission on Garrosh HC.
    They do not stack but you still take the Burning Rush damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    They do not stack but you still take the Burning Rush damage.
    j/k went 10m again so no 2nd intermission