Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    Lore butcher
    If we were calling it a "Demon Hunter" I might agree, but what if we went with the concept of:

(1) A warrior, stranded for a time on Outland, held captive by the Legion until his/her escape, giving him/her a burning hatred for all demons. learned to survive by stealing and reverse engineering Legion technology to make his/her own devices, now he/she passes on this knowledge and fury to a generation of new recruits both Alliance and Horde. he/she doesn't really have any magic of his/her own, but rather relies on the latent fel magic in the devices that he/she creates in the heat of battle.
    As a sample, I chose that example story to intentionally avoid any overlap with the established "Demon Hunter" in the Warcraft universe, even going so far to to say that they get "magic through technology" rather than some kind of "Fel enchanting".
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    That's Illidan. A demon hunter is never gonna look like that even if the class came out. Just like a warrior is never gonna look like Garrosh and a shamans never gonna look like Thrall.

That's my Warlock. And I don't even have the Betrayer's Regalia (which is modeled after Illidan's armor). And warriors can get both Gorehowl and Mannoroth's Tusks.

Not that I was specifically talking about appearance. I was saying that if they implement Demon Hunters in WoW, they better be based on the Demon Hunters in WoW lore, not some ranged tinker class in mail armor dual-wielding guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your "idea" is crap on many levels. And I am saying this with as much respect as I can.

A demon hunter for wow is not a DH hunter, nor will it ever be. Matter of fact, the d3 demon hunter is not the original concept it was supposed to be, but got screwed over into basically being the amazon n assassin (d2)/rogue(d1)

There are many examples of a wow demon hunter in game, being that of the illidari, to sindweller, to even illidan himself. When you have a perfectly capable and popular class like that, you do not bastardize it to a d3 rip off. Even if it has technology lolz

You also do not bastardize tinkers in that way. As much as I hark on you about it, tinkers would easily fit into wow with everything they have, just as easily as demon hunters can.

the wow demon hunter can easily stand on its own, so can a tinker. Trying to put them together as a diablo 3 dh is like asking for everyone to hate you

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    If we were calling it a "Demon Hunter" I might agree, but what if we went with the concept of:

As a sample, I chose that example story to intentionally avoid any overlap with the established "Demon Hunter" in the Warcraft universe, even going so far to to say that they get "magic through technology" rather than some kind of "Fel enchanting".
    Title says tinker+ demon hunter. Teriz wants tinkers so bad he is butchering both tinkers and demon hunters to try to get them
    Last edited by Traveler Voltin; 2014-03-22 at 05:48 AM.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind, this thread is about an Artificer class.

It is a combination of the Tinker, the WC DH from HotS, and the DH from D3.

- - - Updated - - -

Title says tinker+ demon hunter. Teriz wants tinkers so bad he is butchering both tinkers and demon hunters to try to get them
    The title says "5 reasons why ARTIFICERS (DH+Tinker) is the next class in WoW".

And where's the butchering? I'm taking the strongest aspects of each concept, removing their weaknesses, and merging them with a concept that ironically is pretty similar to both by default. The result is a class that's very different than existing class like a Tinker, but has an air of coolness like the Demon Hunter (WC).

This idea is no where close to an artificer. They arent melee for one

10+ Year Old Account
    This idea is no where close to an artificer. They arent melee for one
    Wow... did you read the OP? This class isn't Melee either. It's entirely ranged.

Then dont say its has warcraft DH influence

10+ Year Old Account
    Then dont say its has warcraft DH influence
    It has the WC DH influence from HotS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post

Basically, I think OP's is pretty likely, as the design space looks something like:

Hunter|<---------Artificer---------->...

with the only worry being the existence of another class that uses ranged weapons, a pretty easy minefield to avoid, given the basic theme of the classes would be completely different.

While the "Warcraft" demon hunter tends to be squished in an awkward posistion like:

Rogue|Demon Hunter|Warlock

No room to move at all, very easy to make them feel too much like a melee Warlock spec, or a Rogue spec with magic, and while I do agree that the likelihood of them existing at some point went up a *small* amount with the ability to add "agi cloth" without creating "int plate 2.0" issues, I don't think that comes close to tackling the creative minefield left in the wake of warlocks and rogues.
    Kick-ass post Ryuda. I largely agree with everything you said here.

Upon further reading, I really love the idea, though its not finalized.

I think a lot of people would want to play this class, and it wouldn't be offensive to existing players (those who think the Tinker is too goofy, and those who think the DH is just a melee Warlock). In fact, I really think its a good mix of everything people want in the game. The Tinker and the DH dominate the most wanted class lists over and over again. Mixing them together is a pretty smart path to go down.

Well done Teriz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It has the WC DH influence from HotS.
    Then you havent played HotS dh then. it is clearly a melee and takes only after Illidan and demon hunters from warcraft universe. Its mark of azzinoth just adds extra damage as a combo point generator (the hunt into betrayer strike into crescent sweep then lunge, then back into betrayer strike.) Btw, they renamed Thrill of the Hunt, into "the hunt," but there is a talent called "thrill of the chase." Gets immolation through a talent. Not to mention, he can change out The hunt for Metamorphosis for his R
    Last edited by Skayth; 2014-03-22 at 06:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Then you havent played HotS dh then. it is clearly a melee and takes only after Illidan and demon hunters from warcraft universe. Its mark of azzinoth just adds extra damage as a combo point generator (the hunt into betrayer strike into crescent sweep then lunge, then back into betrayer strike.) Btw, they renamed Thrill of the Hunt, into "the hunt," but there is a talent called "thrill of the chase." Gets immolation through a talent. Not to mention, he can change out The hunt for Metamorphosis for his R
    What's wrong with a ranged class leaping around like Illidan does in HotS?

D3 DHs already have Vault. What's a little more mobility going to hurt a gunslinging tech class?

What's wrong with a Demon Hunter with a Ranged spec?

Think I'll just wait for some fucking warglaives to be transmogged for a rogue myself, this is just,... um.

Have fun.

If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Everybody wins!
    Not really, just you. Those who want a demon hunter (a warcraft one) will not be satisfied and neither will those who want tinkerers. Nobody is going to be happy if you give them the wrong demon hunter and mix that dark dh from d3 with a comical tinkerer from warcraft just to make that dark too and end up pleasing nobody. Just doesn't fit. You think primarily of gnomes and goblins when talking about tinkerers. That should be clearly visible in the class too. Also the whole definition of tinkerer itself implies that machinery is prone to explode.

Also people want to perform multiple roles as a tinkerer or DH not just one. People want to tank wearing engineered armor and weapons, throwing bombs around and dropping shrapnel mines as ranged while vaulting with a jetpack or create an army of mechanized chicken to fight next to them in melee as the leader of the pack. I'm just saying some random stuff, but really nobody of either camp will be happy by the way you present it.

10+ Year Old Account

D3 DHs already have Vault. What's a little more mobility going to hurt a gunslinging tech class?
    because what you are saying in your first post basically calls out that demon hunters are going to get shafted into a single class idea with tinkers, when they both can stand on their own.

And if they wanted it to be a mobile game, they would be working it into existing classes, but in WoD, they are taking away mobility. If you want to play a gunslinger class that is very mobile, You have the gunslinger in wildstar. d3 dh is an action game, with some aspects of role playing (the leveling and the story) otherwise, you are to mobile for this game. The HotS model for Illidan is for a MOBA, not wow, where a demon hunter (in the moba spec of the hunt) would basically be behind the boss and dpsing while stand still or watching out for fire, like every other melee, or if you had it your way, STANDING STILL AND RANGED and watching out for fire. You are not going to get a mobile dps. They took it away from warlocks because they were mobile. They say its the Hunters NICHE and they are already thinking of taking away some of that mobility.

The model you are basically giving is trying to stand on the hunters current stand where they are the mobile range. In an mmo, your idea is going to break pvp, as that is something that needs to be balanced... sadly. If this were a Different mmo, where you needed to be constantly mobile, then sure... but for me, a demon hunter in warcraft is melee. If people try to bring up the d3 demon hunter, then they clearly do not know the difference

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    What's wrong with a Demon Hunter with a Ranged spec?
    You mean other than another class called Hunter with the ability to use bows?

Also crossbows and guns don't really fit the DH theme. I mean would they be shooting fel bullets or arrows at people? There's simply no basis for it.

So it has no inspiration from Demon Hunters at all and are just all Demon Hunters from Diablo 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

That's my Warlock. And I don't even have the Betrayer's Regalia (which is modeled after Illidan's armor). A
    It's actually his dead body parts worn like relics, just like he carried Gul'dan's skull. It in no way is supposed to look like what a demon hunter dressed as. His pants and belt were cut up and made into a robe, his skin was tanned like a dead skin suit from the Silence of the lambs, and his skull is being worn like a hat.
    It shows exactly why warlocks are not demon hunters, they are using Illidan's powerful remains as relics.

A demon hunter, before he became A DEMON.

Here's my wannabe demon hunter warlock. Does the Greenfire questline give your Metamorph and Dark apotheosis green FX? I like your Warlock, nice interpretation.

This thread?

RIP Warcraft 3 Demon Hunter

If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

You mean other than another class called Hunter with the ability to use bows?
    Also crossbows and guns don't really fit the DH theme. I mean would they be shooting fel bullets or arrows at people? There's simply no basis for it.
    Since you're not using the Demon Hunter from Warcraft at all, I don't see why not use crossbows, bows and guns, since the DH from D3 uses them to great effect.