Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoD Profession Catch Up, Battle.Net Chat Coming Soon, Blue Tweets, DLC #433

Cross-Game Rewards, Hellfire Rings Don't Stack, Angzt's Legendary Crafting Guide, Stunning Diablo Cosplay

Fight Night Season 5 Starts Monday, Top 5 Plays of the Week, This Week in Review

A Quick Guide to the Buildings of Nexus

Warlords of Draenor - Profession Catch Up
    At Blizzcon and in previous interviews, the developers mentioned that profession catch up mechanisms would be nice to have. It looks like Warlords of Draenor might add those catch up mechanism, as hwoome shared some plans recently.

Battle.Net Desktop App - Chat Coming Soon
    We should see the Battle.Net App enable chat sometime soon, as we recently got an update that let us know it is almost ready!
    Originally Posted by Vexis (Blue Tracker)
    Soon, soon!

We initially were going to enable chat before the Diablo 3 expansion launch, but due to some unforeseen issues it had to be delayed.

To ensure the stability of the Diablo 3 expansion launch, we've postponed it until after.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Warlords of Draenor Stats
    With Hit/Exp gone, what will the new incentive be for melee to stay behind the boss/mob to DPS?
    It's more like the stats are gone from items and everyone gets a passive +7.5% to both. You can still get parried from the front. (WatcherDev)
    Chance to be parried will be 0%/0%/1.5%/3%, against a +0/+1/+2/+3 level target. (Bosses are +3) (Celestalon)
    are inanimate objects like siege crafter weapons still going to parry?
    That's encounter-specific, and we generally disable parry where it makes no sense. We missed belt weapons. (WatcherDev)

PvE
    You mentioned once before about flex modes possibly flexing up to 30 people. That still on the table or still only 25 flex max?
    Still on the table. (WatcherDev)
    30 sounds great. A mythic guild can fit in its entire roster. Still think distributed loot should be mythic only.
    Why? Just to stop week one split main/alt loot-funneling runs? (WatcherDev)
    agree with about the 30 size being good so no one from roster needing to be left out, disagree with loot thinking.
    I'd love to stop week 1 loot funneling, but not at the expense of a social loot experience for the majority. (WatcherDev)
    In my experience week 1 loot funneling is a problem with very few guilds. Most won't even do it.
    Yeah, plenty of 14/14H guilds don't do any of that. It's a niche problem. It does suck though. (WatcherDev)

How would this affect loot drops if raid loot is in affect? I'm assuming 30 people would cause more loot drops than 25 or 20?
    Right, with 30 you'd see 50% more loot on average than with 20. (WatcherDev)
    So loot per raid size it'll be: 8-19 people: 1 token + 1 item, 20-29 people: 2 tokens +2 items, 30 people: 3 tokens + 3 items?
    No breakpoints like that. The idea is for loot : player ratio to be constant. We'll have more details to share in the future. (WatcherDev)

Challenge mode raiding? 6.1 feature? Sounds good to me
    Who's the audience for that feature? Seems like it'd be just the tiny sliver of players that has cleared the current Mythic tier. (WatcherDev)

Why are they separated into two raids now, as opposed to three? Any particular design reasons?
    HoF/ToES split was a bit awkward, especially for the gating, and 10 bosses lets Foundry feel like more of an epic end to the tier. (WatcherDev)

PvP
    So what about resil and battle fatigue? is it going away?
    .Base resil and battle fatigue will be made as low as good gameplay will allow. (holinka)
    Our goal is to have health pools scale along side damage so we don't have to constantly bump them up. (holinka)
    If there is 2 dps for every health bar, doesnt that mean damage scales 2x faster then health? Wont the ratio change?
    Example: Backstab does 10% of health in first season, 20% in last season. Not really a bracket thing. (holinka)

Professions
    Can't recall if this was answered elsewhere, but is there a reason Drums of Rage aren't usable in Challenge Modes? Thanks
    We generally bar the use of items/advantages added after the introduction of CMs. Drums should be usable in WoD CMs. (WatcherDev)

Lore
    and if you don't know, find out.. why are there Ruby Guardians in Grim Batol
    Lorewise, Grim Batol was guarded by the red dragonflight before it was retaken by the Twilight's Hammer and black dragonflight. (WatcherDev)

World
    will wod have a lot of timeless Isle style interaction all over draenor?
    Absolutely! From levelling to endgame, we're all about dynamic content and choosing the difficulty that's right for you! (Muffinus)

Would a system with XP bonuses for killing mobs well above your level be possible? There could be issues with high level carries..
    How about an XP bonus for taking on a tough elite or rare in the zone? Doesn't need to be high level to be difficult! (Muffinus)
    Would be also cool if rare elites would drop some transmog gear. For example, rare elites in Talador drop shoulder pads and so on
    Used to be worried about inventory space with too many toys and fun stuff, Warlords UI revamp helps a ton! (Muffinus)

Warlords of Draenor
    Hey Ion, just curious about something: will there be daily quests at max level in Warlords too? Not a lot but I do enjoy them.
    Daily quests will certainly exist in various forms, but they won't be the backbone of endgame outdoor content as they were in MoP (WatcherDev)

Any chance you can reduce ground spell effects, proc effects and visual "clutter" in melee? Hard to spot char and target facing
    Yes. We have big plans to solve this; it's a big problem to us. (Celestalon)

Dark Legacy Comics #433
    DLC #433 takes a look at Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very excited about bnet chat. Sometimes i don't want to have to log in to say hi to friends.

Hey mom I'm famous.

10+ Year Old Account
    What?

10 characters

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I'm very excited about bnet chat. Sometimes i don't want to have to log in to say hi to friends.
    it happened to me literally 30 minutes ago, I saw a friend online on the app so I had to log in WoW to tell him something, the second I logged another friend asked for my help in a raid, I felt so bad turning him down but I had to explain to him for 20 minutes why I logged on in the first place >.<

Haha, that DLC was great :P

10+ Year Old Account
    That DLC is epic.
    However, Gigz should visit MMO champion forums, she would harvest vanilla much faster that way. XDD

10+ Year Old Account
    Just burst out laughing in the middle of class, thanks Dark Legacy ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    I created an account just so I could say that DLC was absolute GOLD. Loved it!

DLC has been nothing but gold here lately!

Quote Originally Posted by Thoorium View Post
    Hey mom I'm famous.
    My thoughts too when my twitter was screenshotted recently

And yeah, 10/10 DLC this week, hope the creator reads these comments. He's got a forum too btw

It's going to be difficult for you guys to fill up news for the next 9 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoorium View Post
    Hey mom I'm famous.
    Autograph plox.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    It's going to be difficult for you guys to fill up news for the next 9 months.
    Yeah, especially with WoD beta in coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Yeah, especially with WoD beta in coming weeks.
    Adorable. I've been seeing people post "in coming weeks" since blizzcon 5 months ago.

DLC FTW!! They've been hitting the nail on the head in the last few comics.

every post from a dev shows this game going more and more casual. Just remove professions all together and give them a button to instant level them to max.. oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    every post from a dev shows this game going more and more casual. Just remove professions all together and give them a button to instant level them to max.. oh wait
    Except it doesn't, because you still have to get to Lv.60 first.

If you're going to criticize something you at least have to get the facts right otherwise it's not funny.

Vanilla is the best from all kinds of perspectives

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Except it doesn't, because you still have to get to Lv.60 first.

If you're going to criticize something you at least have to get the facts right otherwise it's not funny.

because getting to level 60 is difficult