Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Considering they are cutting down smart healing, i doubt it.
    It could still be baked in as a passive for the Shadow Priest themself, as a personal survivability buff it would work great, without adding to the problem of smart healing in raids.

Around 15% personal Vampiric Embrace would be an awesome replacement for Flash Heal for example. Maybe closer to around 20% if they were to also remove Prayer of Mending and Renew from Shadow. ^^

Would allow cutting down on Shadow healing shenanigans, without being too hard of a blow to personal survivability. Shadow's Flash Heal spam would then finally be a thing of the past, something I'd really welcome as standing still and spamming heals just doesn't fit into the Shadow kit at all.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2014-04-02 at 10:58 PM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by spelgubbe View Post
    Removing healing from shadow priests would be a huge mistake
    Why?

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by SwizzleTweets View Post
    This is what I think Shadow Priest needs:
    Please post your armory profile so we can get a better understanding of what you've experienced before we consider your opinion on shadow priest performance.

Quote Originally Posted by spelgubbe View Post
    Removing healing from shadow priests would be a huge mistake
    Not really, it's so minimal anyways. I heard Halo is only going to deal damage anyways next expac, so that leaves them with only VE.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Not really, it's so minimal anyways. I heard Halo is only going to deal damage anyways next expac, so that leaves them with only VE.
    All lvl 90 talents will no longer heal for Shadow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    All lvl 90 talents will no longer heal for Shadow.
    That actually sucks a lot tbh. I have hardly played this expac but the healing from divine star was the only thing that was reminiscent of the old VE, which was always the main draw of playing a shadow priest for me. I know to some the passive heal is negligible but it was a really fun flavor that is getting gutted at every opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    That actually sucks a lot tbh. I have hardly played this expac but the healing from divine star was the only thing that was reminiscent of the old VE, which was always the main draw of playing a shadow priest for me. I know to some the passive heal is negligible but it was a really fun flavor that is getting gutted at every opportunity.
    There will always be on people on both sides. Some people, like you, like off healing as Shadow. Others, like myself, would more than gladly ditch our healing in favor of more damage which is what we're getting in terms of our lvl 90 talents apparently. I'd like to think that most Spriests would rather have the extra damage though.

I think most of us would be happy with something in between.
    Sure I want more damage like any other shadowpriest, but not at the expense of what currently is the true way to differentiate a great from a good shadowpriest; the healing.
    However, if we were to lose our healing we bring, I'd say our skillcap has to come up too. Shadow without the healing part as it is, is just plain boring.

And I'm all for bring back the old VE and scrap the healing from DP. Scrap the live VE, scrap the L90 healing part.
    Have our VE only heal OTHERS from Devouring Plagues only. If there's anything I miss though, it's my personal heals from VE being passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    I think most of us would be happy with something in between.
    Sure I want more damage like any other shadowpriest, but not at the expense of what currently is the true way to differentiate a great from a good shadowpriest; the healing.
    However, if we were to lose our healing we bring, I'd say our skillcap has to come up too. Shadow without the healing part as it is, is just plain boring.
    See, I don't believe off-spec healing has anything to do with how good a Spriest is. There's nothing difficult about off-healing and doesn't add any skillcap. It might be somewhat useful in 10man, but aside from DS on Heroic Thok in 25's Shadow's off heals are pretty sub par compared to other hybrids.

I mean sure if your group "needs" the Shadow off heals then go for it, but more often than not it's just better to focus on your DPS to kill things faster.

Have to agree with Cerbz here, the last thing I want to do as a dps is carry the healers in any way. :| (Except for managing personal survivability and not standing in fires of course)

Sounds like the kind of thing that should be adressed with a Battle Healer style glyph though, something like "Reduce your dps by 15%, the missing dps is given to the raid as VE healing".

But by default Shadow should be balanced around being a 100% dps. It's still a dps spec after all and I'm really tired of my dps being watered down so that I can overheal the raid for fairly insignificant amounts.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2014-04-04 at 12:00 AM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Considering they are cutting down smart healing, i doubt it.
    VE embrace isn't a smart heal, it's currently a raid cooldown (formerly an individual and group heal). Smart heals target low-health players first. VE doesn't do that. It applies its healing evenly among the raid, without regard to the health of players.