Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question How are low level dungeons right now?

First of all, hello! Just registered here, because well as you could tell by the thread title I have a question. You see I'm thinking about re-activating my sub for WoW. However I'm one of those few people that really enjoy leveling alts, in fact I've been itching to come back and grind on my warlock, I really enjoy doing the dungeon and quest grind and just building up characters while collecting transmog gear sets for them.

What I'm wondering though is if low level dungeon times are being affected by the new level 90 boost. Are more people opting for that instead of leveling? Are the queue times for dungeons from 15 - 90 way longer now because of people boosting? Or is it roughly the same? Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick, easy and painless.

The level 90 is only once and it comes with a preorder. Besides that is it 60 bucks. Most people still level.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have much to contribute other than the obvious, queuing as tank or healer will still net you as close to instant queue as possible. I imagine that anyone queuing as dps will have slightly longer queues due to paid 90s but I doubt it will be that big of a deal.

Realistically we've known about these paid 90s for awhile now and anyone who had any intention of using this service probably held off leveling characters in anticipation for that so they weren't contributing to low level queuing to begin with. While some people will fall into just the WoD pre-purchase category who may be people now gearing up a new 90 instead of leveling, I sincerely doubt this effects queue times much.

In a best case scenario this may have a positive effect. If most of the people who are now playing new 90s were people who would have been a dps at the low levels then overall queue times would improve. However if the majority would have been tanks/heals then queue times would worsen.
    My Partner does vegan food art @Monaco's Kitchen:
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Monacos-Kit...age_fan_invite
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/monacoskitchen/

One person with full boa can carry the entire group. Also, if you happen to get brazil players......prepare to need roll on EVERYTHING.

Oh and to answer you. they seem about the same wait time

10+ Year Old Account
    They're mega easy, especially if you have heirloom gear and the average dungeon only takes at the very most 20-30 min depending on the kind of group you have. Could even be shorter if you have a tank with heirloom gear and knows what he/she is doing. It's pretty common knowledge by now but most of the bigger dungeons have been cut down to smaller segments (a stupid thing to do IMO) so they're not so big anymore. Each dungeon (or at least most of them) has their own map so you can actually look at the map if you're ever lost in them so there should be no reason why you can't find your way around. Most of them are just "pathway" dungeons anyway so it's almost impossible to get lost unless you're a totally new player.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-03-22 at 02:44 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thralls Balls View Post
    One person with full boa can carry the entire group. Also, if you happen to get brazil players......prepare to need roll on EVERYTHING.

Oh and to answer you. they seem about the same wait time
    Move off the Chicago data center if you don't want to group with them.

On my server - Chamber of Aspects EU Horde, still very quick to get a dungeon, even as DPS - 10min wait max, same right up until 85 - 90 (but they've always been long unless tank).
    Mostly always waiting on a healer, so it's all good if you heal! If you have BOE, people tend to just ignore tanks and pull constantly, especially if the healer is willing to heal them (I am, especially now.. fast runs, yeey).
    Most people do need on things they don't actually need, especially agi users on strength, but it's so fast doesn't tend to matter at all unless you're rolling a twink and want all low level BiS

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thralls Balls View Post
    One person with full boa can carry the entire group.
    You don't need boas for that. BOAs are just level-appropriate blues. Sometimes you look better than boa stuff in dungeons and use it for a few levels.
    Instances are horribly undertuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Instances are thankfully undertuned.
    Considering the "pick up random people who only want to reach max level ASAP" nature of them, I'd say that edit is more appropriate.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Low level dungeons are always quick and easy as a DPS (except the queue time). Healer and Tank can be a headache for people like me, so if I'm leveling a tank, I'll just slap Colossus on a weapon and solo them.

You can afk through them.

Not that this changed since the character boost, but I also found levels 30-50 dps had instant queues while tanks/healers had 10+
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    You don't need boas for that. BOAs are just level-appropriate blues. Sometimes you look better than boa stuff in dungeons and use it for a few levels.
    Instances are horribly undertuned.
    I guess you haven't enchanted your BoA. 30-35% crit at lvl 30-40 is "kinda" hard to get without BoA and the weapon is usually BiS through leveling until lvl 70 when you can buy a PvP weapon. But drop from dungeons, it's likely that you won't change out your BoAs even once if you got them enchanted.

As for the OP: Nothing has changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Not that this changed since the character boost, but I also found levels 30-50 dps had instant queues while tanks/healers had 10+
    During late, late night? That has happened since the introduction of LFD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've tanked a couple (level 30ish Scarlet ones) on my Druid since the boosted 90s went live, seems fine to me.

As mentioned, 15-80 dungeons are pretty simple and easy. You could run into some trouble around level 60ish if you get a group of DKs who don't know what their doing, but I think even Blizzard has dumbed that down by now (Blood Boil lol). Cata dungeons (80-84) are a bump up in difficulty, more along the lines of "if you don't know the mechanics or don't pay attention, you could die". MOP dungeons go back to being faceroll again.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post

During late, late night? That has happened since the introduction of LFD.
    No, during peak time on EU. Peak time meaning evenings, 6-10pm, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

They are soloable by any healer and tank, and by a lot of dps.

Lowbie dungeons are fairly easy, typically the trash is harder than the bosses, and that's only if the tank gets over zealous and wants to pull the whole room. Otherwise they are cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry my friend, your friendly neighborhood altoholic is here!

But yes, it's quite easy, if you are doing dps, I suggest you do some quests while you wait to maximize your exp gains. If you level as a tank it's instant and if you level as a healer it's almost instant.
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of people still leveling, $60 for a 90 is too much for a lot of the WoW population.

Also to the people answering about dungeon difficulty, I think you should read the OP more closely. :p