15+ Year Old Account

What to do now (lvl 60)

I know ppl will laugh at me but here it is... A friend convinced me to pick up Diablo III and he boosted a wizard for me all the way to lvl 60.

He told me to work on my "paragons" and then he left.

I actually have NO clue at all what to do now (what abilities to choose and where to start "questing"), anyone is kind enough to give me a tip how to get started? =)

I would suggest you start a new character and play without boosts, ect. Learn what the stuff is and afterwards, if you still want to play a wizard, play it.

I learned what good abilities were when leveling, I learned what stats worked best, I learned what all the things I encountered while leveling were. First time playing a game should be the most fun part, but by getting a boost you have now missed it... or perhaps you were boosted so fast that you didnt really see anything so you can do it again by yourself.

You don't have to start a new character to learn your character again. You can just start from Act 1 normal mode and go from there.

It's mainly about getting better gear to do harder content to get better gear to do more hard content.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I agree with Morae - you should start a new character and level them normally so you have a chance to check out a few skills every level rather than trying to jump in with the billions of possible combinations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I agree with Morae - you should start a new character and level them normally so you have a chance to check out a few skills every level rather than trying to jump in with the billions of possible combinations.
    This, though if you plan on getting RoS on launch day I would personally wait till then to do it if you don't care about the +50% EXP bonus.

First thing, go to options, gameplay tab, and check the box named "elective mode", that enables you to put any skill in any slot, instead of being locked into premade categories. Next, here is a sample of decent starting build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...SQm!TWX!YcYcac, point is to use Electrocute to quickly regen arcane power and build Arcane dynamo stacks, so you can unleash stronger Blizzard/Frozen orb, Magic Weapon provides damage increase and powerful shield, Teleport is a survival skill that removes you from dangerous situations, and Archon is there so you can quickly kill elite mobs/bosses. Crusader is a great follower, he can heal you and you regen arcane power faster if you setup his abilities that way. As wizard, intelligence is your primary stat and it increases your damage and resistances.

I assume you're undergeared, so feel free to start on Normal dificulty from first quest, Act 1:The Fallen Star, and play through the story at your own pace. Item quality is the same regardless of difficulty (only drop rate/xp rate increases).

15+ Year Old Account
    Ty so much cudomix for taking your time to write that guide This will be interesting

Deleted
    Just remember that there is no right or wrong build. I've been running wizard in public groups the last few days, there are often 3-4 wizards in the group (out of 4 slots) since wizard seems very popular right now. We almost always have different builds between us. I have 3-4 different builds I use for different situations or sometimes I just change it up depending what mood I'm in. Sure, use a guide as a starting point but try out the different runes for each skill and see which ones you like the feel of.

I see no need to start a new character and level slowly, just as other people have said, run it on normal. When you find that's getting too easy or boring, at the next quest point just up the difficulty. Remember you can turn the difficulty down in-game if it's too high just by hitting escape and as long as you're softcore, which I assume you are, there are very few penalties for death, so nothing that bad can happen if you choose the wrong difficulty or wrong build.

Deleted
    Level to max. Farm forever.

Nice friend you have. I'd start over just to get familiar with all the different combinations of skills and runes.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

New character. THEN HIT UP THE OFFICAL EU/US DIABLO CLASS FORUM AND READ UP ON THE GAME + GOOGLE / YOUTUBE stuff.

gl.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO