Page 1 of 146
... LastLast

The game has become embarrassingly easy..

This sure isn't the same game I used to know and I really do not like it now. I resubbed to give a try again, yes once again. It is just too embarrassingly easy. The questing is just pathetic, and i realize I also hate the whole concept that is MOP. What were they thinking?

5 mans are just who can run through it fastest, just a gong show of pull it all and move on. Is this really what people wanted, the way it ended up? Maybe I expect more than what the current level is but come on, you would have to be blind not to notice how bad the difficulty level has gotten, well, there is no difficulty level now. Zero.

This does not count raiding, havent had a chance to really raid yet so will not comment on that but the getting there (leveling) and its 5 mans are horribly boring and Blizzard sure dropped the ball on that.

In fact, I am not sure how they got away with, the only answer is this, most of you wanted it this way. I just have to ask, why?

EDIT- What I am hearing in this thread is that questing and 5 mans are trivial content so we can just get to raiding, and so I have to say, I guess they should just remove that aspect and we can just solely raid. Just have raiding only, remove the quests and 5 mans, as that is what most of you want anyway.

EDIT 2 - Actually that is not a bad idea. since the current 5 mans and questing is irrelevant, put all resources into raids. That is is actually not a a bad way to go. Remove all 5 mans and questing put all the energy and resources into raid content.
    Last edited by Grogo; 2014-03-04 at 03:05 PM.

Raiding is where the challenge is now.

Don't judge the PvE content difficulty on questing and on dungeons. It's silly and makes you look stupid.

You are in the last tier of an expansion and you expect the game to be hard ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still enjoying the game after all these years and I'm not embarrassed. Your argument is invalid.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

Deleted
    And every piece of content you mentioned was designed for 100 ilevels below of what we have now.

You're joining at the end of an expansion where the idea is to help people's alts get to the latest raid tier. It's not the best time to test an expansion.

Raiding has and will be where the difficulty lies in this game.. same with high-end PvP. If you want difficulty - do either of those and I'm sure there won't be a problem. The leveling experience is there to prepare you for what is to come in end-game content and most of it is just baby steps. As I'm sure many would agree, the game doesn't start until end game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallufauz View Post
    And every piece of content you mentioned was designed for 100 ilevels below of what we have now.
    Let's not obfuscate the fact that the OP has a point; the game has become far, far too simple; the learning curve in the game has become utterly smashed, and it's no wonder new players are arriving at raids tuned well beyond their capability, getting obliterated, and ditching. Outside of raiding, everything in the game has been streamlined for "access", which is really just a cover term for "easy".

It really should be properly addressed.

Deleted
    This game is as hard as it ever was. Common fallacy-ridden illogical arguments presented against this are "Leveling used to be hard" - It didn't. It was just a very long, very dull grind with extremely repetitive quests. 5-mans back in Vanilla were just incredibly long - the bosses had few mechanics and were mostly tank 'n' spanks with very little thought process.

5-Mans are easy now because people have massively out geared the content now.

I think what's more embarrassing is how you believe everything in this game should be rock-solid "hard" - yet the definition of "hard" isn't clear at all. This content isn't going to pander to one group of players.

It's kinda like walking into a big project near the end, nailing a single nail in to hang a picture of the team that did it, and saying 'I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU GUYS WERE COMPLAINING THIS WAS EZ'.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Don't judge the PvE content difficulty on questing and on dungeons. It's silly and makes you look stupid.
    Does it? Dont you find it stupid that this game has less and less relevant content with each and every content patch?

Go do LFR Durumu if you can, then see for yourself why have to make the game 'easy'...

Until you've faced Heroic Garrosh, you can't claim how easy the game is. All you've done is dungeons, which haven't been updated since MoP launch. Heroic Scenarios are a little harder and don't require the trinity (but you can't use a finder tool to group up). I'm guessing you haven't even attempted Brawler's Guild or Challenge Mode dungeons either. It's impossible to claim how easy the game has become if you haven't tried it's hardest content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whining about it a non-Blizzard affiliated site won't exactly help supplement that will it?
    If you're really looking for a challenge wait till WoD.

Hard Heroics.
    Mythical Raiding.
    Last edited by Intropid; 2014-03-04 at 02:32 PM.

How many of these type of threads do we really need on here?

OT: Leveling has never exactly been 'difficult' (unless you count time-consuming as part of the difficulty) and the real meat of the the game if you're looking for a challenge has always been at or near endgame. The questing has always been boring and since Cata/MoP a tad too linear. They plan to fix this by offering more incentives for exploration sort of like how Timeless Isle is currently.

I can kind of agree that 5-man heroics are a bit of a joke and it's mostly because in Cataclysm they had more difficult heroics and people complained that it was too hard to complete them in a group of random people from DF. In WoD they're fixing this by only requiring normal mode dungeon gear to get into LFR and heroic dungeons will be more difficult than MoP's were (closer to Cata level) and will be used to gear up for normal/heroic raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    QFT.

Go try a heroic raid and get back to us on how easy WoW is.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The average person takes 7-10 days to lvl to 90 with current difficulty. Im talking about ppl not spending their lives on a pc. Now imagine the curent difficulty increased by x5. All of a sudden leveling will take a month. Plus a month to gear through dungeons/lfr/flex/timeless isle in order to enter normal or hc raiding. U dont want to know how much will take just to clear normals by your logic. And lets not forget that when blizz made dungeons hard (lol) we had like 1234556788 threads about cata dungeons to stronk plz nerf. The game starts at 90 and soon at 100

Who would want to have a hard time at a dungeon 2 years ago, work on building up the character's strength, and still have a hard time doing the dungeon?
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    This sure isn't the same game I used to know and I really do not like it now. I resubbed to give a try again, yes once again. It is just too embarrassingly easy. The questing is just pathetic, and i realize I also hate the whole concept that is MOP. What were they thinking?

5 mans are just who can run through it fastest, just a gong show of pull it all and move on. Is this really what people wanted, the way it ended up? Maybe I expect more than what the current level is but come on, you would have to be blind not to notice how bad the difficulty level has gotten, well, there is no difficulty level now. Zero.

This does not count raiding, havent had a chance to really raid yet so will not comment on that but the getting there (leveling) and its 5 mans are horribly boring and Blizzard sure dropped the ball on that.

In fact, I am not sure how they got away with, the only answer is this, most of you wanted it this way. I just have to ask, why?
    questing and 5mans have been this easy for years so u must have known the game back in vanilla and skipped everything after till this day.