Deleted

Can anyone tell me...

what does it mean "triage healing " ?

It means to look for specifically injured people and healing them directly with a spell that does the amount of healing that is required and preferably no more.

The different between that and what we have now is that you wouldn't be casting, say, Prayer of Healing because you see three people are injured but rather stop and say "Person B has 70% HP and A and C have 90%, I should just cast Heal on B."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Triage is a form of Emergency Room service/protocol/procedure that targets the most injured people first and the least injured people last. In WoW terms, it would mean letting people who are injured remain injured until you deal with the more severely injured people. Making a choice to let those people not be at 100% health because you do not have the time to do that while someone else is at 20% and is at risk of dying.

Blizzard's goal, in this case, is to healers to have to make healers choose who to heal all expansion long and not just while wearing quest greens and dungeon blues. In light of that, they plan to reduce the strength of boss attacks, but also reduce healing power and mana regen in order to force healers into smart gameplay, and not just keeping everyone at full hp.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Technically, triage puts the least priority on those *most* severely injured such that they likely can't be saved and therefore assets should be committed elsewhere. So I don't think it strictly applies unless you are counting things like "don't waste a heal on the nub who runs way with Static Shock".

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Technically, triage puts the least priority on those *most* severely injured such that they likely can't be saved and therefore assets should be committed elsewhere. So I don't think it strictly applies unless you are counting things like "don't waste a heal on the nub who runs way with Static Shock".
    Actually, it should: there are much more likely to be situations where you have someone at two percent, and someone at ten, and have to decide who you try and save. Not saying that isn't triggered by something stupid like your example, but still -- expect healers to make calls on who lives or dies in a much more active way than they did in MoP. Which is a much more ... involved role.

Was wondering what people were talking about myself. Guess it is supposed to be like the last stage of the first aid quest back in the day. Only problematic thing I see with this is that the way healing in wow works does usually not offer enough information about the gradient of dmg/s a player took and usually healers are way to removed from the fight to see (unless a debuff is active) who is going to take more dmg in the next couple of seconds. I mean healing someone with 1% hp might be a priority because he has less health, but if he already out of the danger zone and the guy with 50% health is still right in the middle the obvious solution here might be the wrong one.

Whoever is in range and with the least HP, otherwise if someone is getting constantly battered or about to get nuked it's extremely obvious. If 2 people are low and you can only save one, save the one who can battle res, has needed utility for the fight, higher dps, or most likely to continue living. Generally what the 3rd poster said is roughly accurate.
    Stay salty my friends.

In WoW terms, it also means that they won't have as much focus (as they do now) on mechanics designed to kill the entire raid if they're not constantly being topped off.

Right now, to make things challenging for healers, it's typically a question of throughput. A whole bunch of damage is going out, either constantly (in which you pace yourself to outheal the damage), or in bursts (in which you spam your rotation as hard as you can to keep the raid alive). Leaving someone at 50% health is crazy, because at any given second there could be another hit on them that will take 30% of their health away, and that can line up with the ticking aura that hits them for another 30% - so if they're not at 100%, it's pretty likely that they're just going to fall over.

In WoD, they won't have to put things like that on every single fight to keep them interesting. They'll have fights where random people may take damage - but be fine sitting at less than 100% health for a while. That in turn will shift the focus away from shields and overhealing, and give more power to some almost forgotten healing types, like HoTs to get low-risk targets healed up "eventually", and using reactive heals to save people at high risk.