Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Concerning Legendary Cloak

Hey Forums!

So recently it's come to my attention that A LOT of people have recently re-subbed for WoD and used the character boost, myself and 3 of my friends included. As you can see I recently joined a guild and i'm raiding now. All of my friends and I would like to experience HC SoO before it gets nerfed/changed and do so ASAP. However the problem is that the legendary cloak is extremely tedious to get. Especially for DPS trying to get it done, queues can take 1+ hour to get into ToT, which is needed to maximize the amount of items you get.

Personally while I understand that people worked for their cloak, there isn't any interesting gameplay there for my friends or me. The only thing that it does is turn me off from farming it, and I always feel like it's my fault if I die in a raid because I don't have the cloak. The cloak isn't exactly about skill either, it's simply about capping valor week by week or hoping RNG is on your side.

WIth the level 90 boosts recently and a huge influx of players, I think it's pretty important that Blizzard changes the legendary cloak system. One way I would do it is that players still have a choice to do the normal method of achieving it, or cut down a lot of the parts by requiring a garrosh normal mode kill. As the cloak is pretty mandatory for heroic progression, but not for normals. Another option would be simply cutting down on the time dumps of the legendary cloak.

That's just my two cents, but it would help me a lot, and a lot of the people I play with tbh. We'd be less of a burden for our guild.

Hey, Crybaby!

So recently it's come to my attention, actually, not that recently, that a lot of people have rejoined the game, after any and all progression benchmarks of significance have been achieved by all but the most miserably equipped realms.

And yet these opportunistic newbies think that there is some pressing need to IMMEDIATELY acquire this item that takes 6-8 weeks of relatively easy grind, when the rest of us spent 4-8 times that long when the grind was somewhat current.

You know what I think? And I think I speak for everyone? You can just quit WoW and go play a game that was designed from the ground up for Johnny-come-lately crybabies.

Cheers, mates!

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-23 at 01:15 PM.

I'm going to agree with Smudge here -- you don't NEED the legendary cloak for anything. If you don't want to work for it, then don't... but don't expect to get it, either.

There are how many more months until WoD? You have plenty of time to get the cloak. There's absolutely zero chance of Blizzard changing it at this point.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    At least six months until the next expansion. There's plenty of time. I can't say that I'm expecting Blizzard to nerf raids either. They have avoided that all expansion while a raid was current tier. Maybe SoO will be different since it's the last raid of the expansion but my sense tells me that the standard nerfs of raids we saw all through WotLK/Cataclysm are not in the offing here.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The cloak is not mandatory, but pretentious guilds may deny you without having one equipped. I wouldn't care at all if they just mailed it to fresh 90s at this point. It was a huge grind and pain, but I have 4 cloaks which half were going to be obtained naturally through the gear obtaining process. Also, it's super late in the tier so I'm not sure what you expected.
    Stay salty my friends.

Maybe they should just give you the legendary cloak along with the level boost. Because why not? Fucking seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Hey, Crybaby!

So recently it's come to my attention, actually, not that recently, that a lot of people have rejoined the game, after any and all progression benchmarks of significance have been achieved by all but the most miserably equipped realms.

And yet these opportunistic newbies think that there is some pressing need to IMMEDIATELY acquire this item that takes 6-8 weeks of relatively easy grind, when the rest of us spent 4-8 times that long when the grind was somewhat current.

You know what I think? And I think I speak for everyone? You can just quit WoW and go play a game that was designed from the ground up for Johnny-come-lately crybabies.

Cheers, mates!
    I have no intention to quit wow, as I am enjoying the game and am really excited for WoD. My only issue is that i've been raiding with my new guild for three weeks now, and 3 of the returning players myself included do not have the cloak. We are now progressing heroics and could have avoided half of the wipes on heroic progression if I for example as the MT had the cloak. That is where my issue lies. I've done enough time sinks in wow in the past, including the first parts of the legendary quest on multiple characters. The quest has nothing to do with the skill, but puts a temporary debuff (since everyone almost has cloak) on me holding back my team. It's probably hard for you to understand this, as you immediately jumped to the conclusion that I was a cry baby.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I'm going to agree with Smudge here -- you don't NEED the legendary cloak for anything. If you don't want to work for it, then don't... but don't expect to get it, either.

There are how many more months until WoD? You have plenty of time to get the cloak. There's absolutely zero chance of Blizzard changing it at this point.
    Until I do, i'm a burden on my guild though. Do you see what I mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krommm View Post
    The cloak is not mandatory, but pretentious guilds may deny you without having one equipped. I wouldn't care at all if they just mailed it to fresh 90s at this point. It was a huge grind and pain, but I have 4 cloaks which half were going to be obtained naturally through the gear obtaining process. Also, it's super late in the tier so I'm not sure what you expected.
    It makes a huge difference in heroic progression.

Deleted
    I guess you're gonna have to work for the cloak just like everybody else (!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    I guess you're gonna have to work for the cloak just like everybody else (!)
    I fail to understand how something that simply requires queueing up into LFR where it's virtually impossible to actually play since 90% of the players are boosted is 'work'. It's a mindless time sink with 0 interesting gameplay, and it doesn't negatively affect anyone else who already has the cloak, because if I would not post on these forums you wouldn't even know that I exist. I don't get what there is not to understand...

If you haven't realized yet you can queue up for multiple LFRs and by the time you get done one you will most likely get an insta-queue for another one. It'll save a lot of time and you'll only need to wait the initial long wait time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    If you haven't realized yet you can queue up for multiple LFRs and by the time you get done one you will most likely get an insta-queue for another one. It'll save a lot of time and you'll only need to wait the initial long wait time.
    Queues are still not insta, and it still does not neglect the fact that ToT LFR is currently a wipe-a-thon.

Best in slot items shouldn't be difficult or take time to obtain at all. Hopefully the next legendary item is mailed to us when we ding 100. They can put it inside the typical care package containing pots/fireworks.

Maybe youre dying because you just started the game and you instantly go into heroics? The legendary cape doesnt instant go with the fact you are dying... the cloak is a DPS increase. You also have to mention what role you doing. The healing cloak yes would help in survival of your raid team, but the dps cloak (like I have) is simply a dps increase. Also since it seems you can just jump right into raid and some people still have yet to down Garrosh and you are already on HC, then you could prob just do the normal versions of ToT or Mogu since they offer the same stuff as LFR and you make it seem like the raids are in fact very easy. You kind of are in fact a crybaby because you state that even though the rest of us put in the time to get the cloak (even myself who got my cloak after they nerfed the test of valor) that since you just recently came back and you have put "so much time into the game that I shouldnt have to work for the cloak" that I should be able to just get it instantly. If you really want it like you seem to state, then work for it, and not whine about it on a forum in which people will disagree with you and call you a "crybaby".

Deleted
    Hell tbh, I wish they would allow you to skip part of the quest if you could do endless wave 30 on proving grounds, or kill garrosh on normal, or anything that shows that you intend on progressing heroics. Or even if they just allowed me to go ToT 100 times in 1 week to get secrets or at least try from each boss, but having it gated by one boss can drop 1 per reset is just stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Hey, Crybaby!

Cheers, mates!

Agree.

I guess it is time to "play" after those boosts etc.

OR go play nintendo ^^

(FYI, I personally boosted an alt w expansion purchase and I stil agree)

Sorry bud you're not going to find sympathy anywhere outside your group of recently re-subbed, boosted friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    I have no intention to quit wow, as I am enjoying the game and am really excited for WoD. My only issue is that i've been raiding with my new guild for three weeks now, and 3 of the returning players myself included do not have the cloak. We are now progressing heroics and could have avoided half of the wipes on heroic progression if I for example as the MT had the cloak. That is where my issue lies. I've done enough time sinks in wow in the past, including the first parts of the legendary quest on multiple characters. The quest has nothing to do with the skill, but puts a temporary debuff (since everyone almost has cloak) on me holding back my team. It's probably hard for you to understand this, as you immediately jumped to the conclusion that I was a cry baby.

- - - Updated - - -

Until I do, i'm a burden on my guild though. Do you see what I mean?

- - - Updated - - -

It makes a huge difference in heroic progression.

then stop crying and try to "effort" for your "progression" ?? (If you care THAT much !)

10+ Year Old Account
    It does help to have the cloak but it isnt mandatory for heroic progression. Blizzard still added cloaks to the raid loot table for that specific reason. Either for the person that couldnt be bothered to get the cloak or for people like you who came late. It does seem to me that you think that if you have the cloak it will be a insta garry hc kill, well I have got some news for you....... It wont, even with the cloak. Garry hc is killable with a hc ilvl cloak so just hang in there, you will get there eventually. (cloak and garry)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flaggel View Post
    Maybe youre dying because you just started the game and you instantly go into heroics? The legendary cape doesnt instant go with the fact you are dying... the cloak is a DPS increase. You also have to mention what role you doing. The healing cloak yes would help in survival of your raid team, but the dps cloak (like I have) is simply a dps increase. Also since it seems you can just jump right into raid and some people still have yet to down Garrosh and you are already on HC, then you could prob just do the normal versions of ToT or Mogu since they offer the same stuff as LFR and you make it seem like the raids are in fact very easy. You kind of are in fact a crybaby because you state that even though the rest of us put in the time to get the cloak (even myself who got my cloak after they nerfed the test of valor) that since you just recently came back and you have put "so much time into the game that I shouldnt have to work for the cloak" that I should be able to just get it instantly. If you really want it like you seem to state, then work for it, and not whine about it on a forum in which people will disagree with you and call you a "crybaby".
    I have put time into WoW, and have done the test of valor on 3 characters, but I never completed the quest line. I'm geared for heroics, i've done normal and i've done part of SoO heroic. It just makes progress that much slower, since error is human nature, but with the cloak I get some leeway on my errors. My whole team suffers from the fact that I can't cheat death some RNG or mess up on some boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    Queues are still not insta, and it still does not neglect the fact that ToT LFR is currently a wipe-a-thon.
    They don't need to be insta-queue. If you want insta-queue then be a tank. Secondly ToT being a wipe-a-thon is just the way LFR goes. You think I didn't go through countless wipes and repair bills trying to get my cloak?

You already got to skip leveling from 1-90. Why in the world do you think you're entitled to an easier ride on the Legendary cloak chain as well? Work on it like everyone else or don't. Those are your options right now, you need to accept them.