Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Nazgrim the pug killer

In LFR: "Don't attack him in defensive stance." ... result: Enrage.

In Flex/Norm: "WTF our DPS is awesome heals are shit how come we dies at .2%"

I just hate this boss. Fuck you Blizzard for creating a boss with knobs that turn the wrong way.

It's blizzard's fault my guild is full of shitters :^)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really? and l2p. it aint blizz fault you suck really.

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Reason: you didn't focus down the adds and tunneled the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Reason: you didn't focus down the adds and tunneled the boss.
    I would rather guess its not enough dps to burn the last 10%
    Possibly undergeared tanks giving less time to finish boss, or wasted bloodlust early.

The raidfinder problems i can agree with tho.
    There is ZERO chance of stopping all players from dpsing, and with the cooldown on the rage gain from defensive stance, it doesn't matter if its 1 or 15 dpsing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

funniest thing about Nazgrim in LFR is to see people rage about pets attacking him in defensive stance, even after blizzard have told us that pet attacks does not give him rage.

On defence stance it doesnt matter is 1 person i hiting him or 25 rage generation have 1 sec cd , is if 1 person is tuneling him from rage generation pov doesnt matter what others do

I tunnel the boss on lfr, why? because it's lfr.

On regular I kill the adds, why because I have a raid spot to defend
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    On defence stance it doesnt matter is 1 person i hiting him or 25 rage generation have 1 sec cd , is if 1 person is tuneling him from rage generation pov doesnt matter what others do
    Exactly what people don't understand.

And with the DPS(or lack of DPS) in most lfr groups, dpsing in def stance is necessary to beat enrage before 5 stacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    funniest thing about Nazgrim in LFR is to see people rage about pets attacking him in defensive stance, even after blizzard have told us that pet attacks does not give him rage.
    I imediatly start every lfr/flex/norm telling people pets dont give rage, and if they get pissy saying it does, i link the blue post
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Yeah it's hard for people to actually read the dungeon journal before doing any raiding and use their brain for a few seconds during a fight instead of just randomly pushing their buttons, because I just want to see the content.

In LFR: "Don't attack him in defensive stance." ... result: Enrage.

I just hate this boss. Fuck you Blizzard for creating a boss with knobs that turn the wrong way.

In LFR you can attack him 100% in Def stance because in DEF stance even if he gets attacked full force he still gains the same rage as in Battle Stance. Don't believe me? Do the math and look it up.

Gotta say, having a boss with "don't attack the boss" phase is silly. I came here to attack the goddamn boss.

Never had problems with him on norm/flex tho. Sending the second tank to control/kite the adds for last 10% and it's done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic spirit kings were even worse. Apparently stopping DPS is a forgotten mechanic.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

In LFR.. I heal it, so I don't care about his mechanics lol xD never had major issues though.
    In normal - we just go the safe route - wait till 10th wave before pushint to 10%, then BL, nuke healer and mage and kill the boss.. Takes a while cause you have to stop from time to time, enjoy the view, have a picnic etc.. But it's safe, it works, it prevents wipes and gives few momments to breath and have a casual talk lol

In normal, we also found, that if you let 2 people die "accidently" - you no longer have to wait inbetween add phases :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    I imediatly start every lfr/flex/norm telling people pets dont give rage, and if they get pissy saying it does, i link the blue post
    Holy shit, I always thought it gave him rage. That's fantastic news, now I no longer need to put my water elemental on passive whilst waiting for new adds to spawn. Thanks.

more on topic: I actually quite like Nazgrim as a boss, although he really is a kick in the balls for a pug group. I mean you're always going to have like a couple of people who just can't do things properly, and that kinda screws you over. Although that's not to say I think it should be nerfed or should be easier, it's fine how it is, people just need to learn how to do it properly.

Geez what did you expect really? It's very well known and kinda accepted meanwhile that people go into LFR without both gear and encounter knowledge. You're better off reviewing the boss for them every time, might actually save you a try or two. Don't want that? Don't go there. Seriously, lots of people have given up on LFR.

The other modes were never meant to be PUGed for the major part, even Flex needs at least a bit of preparation on the side of every player unless you bring an active raiding guild for >= 70% of the group, and even then some Donald can wipe you here and there. Find yourself a regular group where people at least have some interest in killing stuff, and you'll be fine. Without that don't even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Gotta say, having a boss with "don't attack the boss" phase is silly. I came here to attack the goddamn boss.
    That one thing that can be criticized with that boss, I give you that. Blizzard could have at least thought of something else to do during these phases, but as it happens you'll probably end up having all adds down with ~40 seconds def stance left every try even on HC, leaving DPS entirely unemployed until the exact end of the phase, where things immediately start piling up again. Silly thing.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-03-23 at 11:34 AM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

1.) stack Nazgrim on adds
    2.) burn thru DEF
    3.) taunt on 3 stacks
    4.) deal with shamans
    5.) BL pref during a BES stance, usually the second
    6.) last add phase off tank rounds up all adds

TLR stack and burn Naz, deal with Shamans.

Works on HC and Normal, if you can't do it on Flex or LFR then L2P or Learn to Lead.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I tunnel the boss on lfr, why? because it's lfr.

On regular I kill the adds, why because I have a raid spot to defend
    Just gonna give you a slow clap.

Youre one of the people who should know better, someone who should be helping those in LFR learn the fight, you know the mechanics but refuse to do the fight properly because its LFR.

As someone who does it on normal you should know what happens when you tunnel the boss.

Congratulations, youre an idiot and a prime example of why people refuse to run the cesspool that is LFR anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always found more trouble on Galakras personally.
    Also, what's wrong with that boss?
    -In LFR everyone goes "who cares its lfr", and if someone can't grasp a concept like "Avoid the massive swirling axes", he will most likely fail on ANY bosses in SoO
    -In flexible/normal, if you wipe at .2% hp, either the dps isn't all that awesome, or you had some dpses on adds and some on boss.