Deleted

More information concerning ladders coming TOMORROW at 9pm PST!

that's when ros goes live...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    that's when ros goes live...
    Someone on twitter: It's almost launch time and we haven't heard anything about ladders. Please tell us something real.

and Josh's answer: 9pm PST

???

I don't really know how ladder is going to accurately work considering people are hundreds of paragon levels above others. Even if the ladder isn't about leveling, they still have a stat advantage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaptValkyrie View Post
    I don't really know how ladder is going to accurately work considering people are hundreds of paragon levels above others. Even if the ladder isn't about leveling, they still have a stat advantage.
    Simple: ladder characters which do not have paragon levels.

The bigger problem here is that in D2, ladders were simply about getting to max level, and in the case of HC, staying there. In D2, that was a matter of days. In D3, it'll be a matter of hours, really. Therefore I for one can't see them adding ladders if they're only going to be about leveling to max.

I'm rather hoping they have stolen borrowed the league idea from Path of Exile.

Quote Originally Posted by AdaptValkyrie View Post
    The ladder (if it's like D2's ladder, I haven't read anything about the D3 ladder yet so I may be way off here) will be kind of like hardcore where it's separated from your non-ladder characters. Everyone starts off exactly the same. Level 1, no gear, no paragon levels, no gems, etc.

Deleted
    Hardcore leagues which reset would be awesome. Softcore not so much but still would be an improvement on no ladder. The important thing to me for them to be successful is a) you'll need to create the character after the ladder season starts, and b) it has a regular reset time.

If by ladder they mean just a list of the top 100 paragon levels in the world that doesn't reset, well.. not going to change much for the 99.9999% of the playerbase who aren't up there.

We'll see

Idk, only way I could see ladders working is hardcore only and based off paragon lvl.

I agree, the only way ladders could work is if they set up a different league separate from Hardcore/Softcore where everything is reset and fresh. But realistically I don't see how they could have set a system like that so quickly and not even tested for launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Simple: ladder characters which do not have paragon levels.
    I'm rather hoping they have stolen borrowed the league idea from Path of Exile.
    If POE does one thing right, it is definitely leagues. Im with you in hoping blizz rips the idea off to some degree for ladders.

Quote Originally Posted by DevizzLIVE View Post
    A step in the right direction, because currently there is no competition in D3. It's virtually impossible for an online game to have longevity without some sort of competition.