Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

opener enhance shaman

I consider myself to be a relatively good enhancement shaman pulling max dps for my ilvelel but i still struggle with my opener.
    I've tried simcrafting my priority of cooldowns to use wich is ofc clear for any snhance shaman, but now with the opener how do you start?
    do you count in FET before FS or do you use Ascendance first. i do find ascendance best to use after FET and 1 stormstrike since Ascendance resets the cooldown of stormstrike into stormblast.

10+ Year Old Account
    If im bursting in my opener, i stormstrike, flame shock, pop all my cools, then stormblast, lava lash, earth shock/eleblast, lightning bolt.

doing that alone with all cools i was able to burst 300k at 490 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    Would love to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    Would definitely love to see this.

I go, Fire Ele, UE, SS, Pop CD's/BL, SB, FS, LL or LB I generally just go priority at this point.

At 568 with self buffs get to bursting about 900k.
    Last edited by Woltereck; 2014-03-24 at 05:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Please don't post in all colored text or custom fonts, as it's distracting and disruptive to the conversation. We give the tools of color and font to be used as accents, but they are not meant to be used for the complete post text.

pre pop wolves, fire ele on pull, UE, FS +BL around here otherwise casters whine, SS, (LB if needed), ascendance and everything, SB into priority

Usually burst 1-1.2m in a raid setting 563 ilvl

@OP you seem to have the right general idea. It depends on what trinkets you have and when they proc (blackfuse trinket sucks ass for timing), but general idea is to not be wasting uptime on anything before the pull except wolves as they do such low damage anyway. A lot of people argue that UE shouldn't be used on the run-in but I find it a good point to use it and the 1-2 seconds of not benefiting Unleash wind/2 set are negligible to being able to fit more spells into the opener window. Work out for yourself, since openers with procs are something a sim can't help you with much.

@2 above I don't see why 300k *burst* is unrealistic at that ilvl. You don't know which pieces are the higher pieces (could have stronger weapons/trinket, or similar) even if he is running EB instead of PE. For the first 10 seconds you crit the SS/LL/EB and could easily see 300k pop up on burst..
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    @2 above I don't see why 300k *burst* is unrealistic at that ilvl. You don't know which pieces are the higher pieces (could have stronger weapons/trinket, or similar) even if he is running EB instead of PE. For the first 10 seconds you crit the SS/LL/EB and could easily see 300k pop up on burst..
    It is incredibly unlikely that those conditions will meet consistently regardless of trinkets and weapons.
    Please don't post in all colored text or custom fonts, as it's distracting and disruptive to the conversation. We give the tools of color and font to be used as accents, but they are not meant to be used for the complete post text.

Quote Originally Posted by Woltereck View Post
    It is incredibly unlikely that those conditions will meet consistently regardless of trinkets and weapons.
    I meant / as OR, not AND.

Seriously it's doing 4x as much dps. How much do you peak when I presume you're doing 300-350k single target (raid), it's going to be in the millions for sure - with that in mind why is his numbers outlandish when it's the same as yours just at a lower multiplier?
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I said it was unlikely that burst is possible with the conditions you said are met. I never said he would never reach those numbers, I would like to see how he managed it. It's unlikely he bursts at 300k consistently, if it all. Also, you never even mentioned about how gear scaling works for Enh which adds more to the idea of how he doesn't reach 300k.

Deleted
    Generally on the Pull, I start with:
    (5secs CD)

Spirit Walk, Spirit Wolves, Pre-Pot, Unleash Weapon, Fire Elemental, Flame Shock, Stormstrike, Ascendance, Stormblast.
    hit around 1.2-1.8m Burst dps.

I generally go like this. Assuming at least a 5 second pull timer, on 3 pop Spirit Wolves. On next GCD pop FET. On next GCD I normally pop stormlash (I'm always first in rotation) and bloodlust, followed by Unleashed Fury, Stormstrike, Ascendance, and then either LB or SB depending on maelstrom stacks. Then flame shock and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't judge I've clicked my CD's ever since vanilla. But there's my opener. The mage usually pops bloodlust though...

Deleted
    you use your cds before the pull but if you do that wont it just be an loss of dps? your initial damage seems very high though and with what ilevel r you at?

Quote Originally Posted by bravobravo View Post
    you use your cds before the pull but if you do that wont it just be an loss of dps? your initial damage seems very high though and with what ilevel r you at?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...krateez/simple most likely

The pre-using cd's may have just been 'hesitancy' with starting on the dummy. Yes it's better to maximize the use of all your cooldowns (not using most of them till you're in combat + in melee range), but I understand dps'ing on a dummy can feel awkward.

P.S. if that is you, you seem to be missing leg armor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...krateez/simple most likely

The pre-using cd's may have just been 'hesitancy' with starting on the dummy. Yes it's better to maximize the use of all your cooldowns (not using most of them till you're in combat + in melee range), but I understand dps'ing on a dummy can feel awkward.

P.S. if that is you, you seem to be missing leg armor
    hehe, I am missing leg armor how about that! I was testing if dropping 4P for 2 higher ilvl offset pieces (more AP) was better on single target fights and I haven't fully set up the pieces yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Any ideas for opener burst for Enh for PVP? having a few issues myself =(

Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    Any ideas for opener burst for Enh for PVP? having a few issues myself =(
    Whenever I PVP'd as enhance I didn't really rely on the opener as enh is too obvious a cc target the moment you pop ascendance, instead people tend to rely on EB (usually EB crits or echo procs) to suddenly get them low then pop & stormblast.

For general damage just make sure you're using EB > SS > LL + UE & FS/ES as much as possible, keeping a searing totem down helps a lot if they aren't just pinging away all your totems.

I like to use FS since after 1 tick it does more damage than ES while empowered, but I know some dont.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2014-03-26 at 12:06 AM.

Im 551 and when I open to burst I just earlier to day capped at 680k i run in hit with UE and Flameshock, then pop my burst macro (Blood Fury, Lifeblood, Elemental Mastery[or w/e that talent is called]) and feral spirits, then I drop Primal Fire Ele then hit Ascendance, then drop Stormlash, then Storm Strike, LL, Earth Shock and then stick to the priority rotation. sometimes I throw a fire nova in if i have a second or 2 of down time waiting on cds

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    Im 551 and when I open to burst I just earlier to day capped at 680k i run in hit with UE and Flameshock, then pop my burst macro (Blood Fury, Lifeblood, Elemental Mastery[or w/e that talent is called]) and feral spirits, then I drop Primal Fire Ele then hit Ascendance, then drop Stormlash, then Storm Strike, LL, Earth Shock and then stick to the priority rotation. sometimes I throw a fire nova in if i have a second or 2 of down time waiting on cds
    I would fold your cd's into ascendance, and use a stormstrike before using ascendance due to it resetting the cooldown.

Also fire nova does 0 damage single target, only use to fill if there's 2+

@felocity there's a huge difference between using fire ele just as you're about to enter melee range (and ascendance before combat too) and waiting multiple seconds into combat - you can use them in combat and not lose any trinket uptime without leaving them standing around 3 seconds before the pull
    Last edited by Raiju; 2014-03-26 at 12:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bravobravo View Post
    You're losing much more damage using your cooldowns (Fire ele/feral spirit) during combat.
    1. Your fire elemental is losing out on multiple seconds of trinkets if they proc before fire elemental is out
    2. You're missing out on multiple seconds of trinkets if you're popping wolves/fire elemental in between globals where you could be using say lavalash or stormstrike in an already small 10 second haromms window. Theres a significant difference in fitting 1 stormblast vs 2 stormblasts into your initial haromms.

@Raiju I never said '3seconds before the pull' I thought it was obvious that I meant after trinkets had already procced implying that you've already used an initial ability.
    But for clarity yes using wolves @1 and fire ele in on the gap between 1-0 and running in is the best use.
    Last edited by Felocity; 2014-03-26 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felocity View Post
    @Raiju I never said '3seconds before the pull' I thought it was obvious that I meant after trinkets had already procced implying that you've already used an initial ability.
    But for clarity yes using wolves @1 and fire ele in on the gap between 1-0 and running in is the best use.
    It was in reference to the video, which is what he was 'obviously' asking about.