Deleted

Spec for Challenge modes: affli, demo, destro?

Just a question about warlock CM spec. I have seen a few videos and articles on challenge modes bit most seem to play demo or affliction. I like destroy. As a spec and thought fire and brimstone would be more powerful? If I were to do CMS I would either want to play affliction or destroyed but apparently the demo are burst is really good. I was wondering going into challenge modes would I gimp my team by playing destroy or even affliction for some dungeons?

Any other tips to do with specs would great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had no problem as destro when I got my 9/9. Just play what you think you can do best. A good destro better than a weak affli or demo.

Deleted
    Destro is far superior imo. A lot of fights contain adds that are lower prio than the boss itself and putting a rain of fire on them to spam chaos bolts is baaaaaws.

I had 190k dps on the first boss in Scarlet Halls, Rain of Fire doing ~22% dmg and Chaos Bolt doing the rest of the 78%. Just put a rain of fire on the guards with millions of hp and spam away. That was without Havoc cheesing too.

Loads of bosses are like that. Herod (or whatever he's called nowadays) spawns adds. You don't need to kill those since they hit less than 50k each. Just put up a rain of fire on all 3 mobs and you'll get a lot of embers. Shit like that in maaaany of the CMs, which makes destro superior to me compared to the other specs.

Also, their AoE is on par with ele shammies and frost mages if there are more than 6 mobs present. It's incredible, I had more fun doing CMs with my destro lock than my Frost mage before the mastery nerf. Well, buff on single target, but nerf AoE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    It's incredible, I had more fun doing CMs with my destro lock than my Frost mage before the mastery nerf. Well, buff on single target, but nerf AoE.
    While i can attest that destro lock is super powerful in CMs, i cant really believe that you were more impressed with destro lock thatn with pre-mastery-nerf frost mage Oo. I did in on my frostmage a few weeks ago, and even without frostburn, shattering CoC-FrostBombs was pretty sick :O

When I was about to start CM's I looked at old guides etc. many said demo but I really dont think it's that good anymore after the nerf a few patches ago. I'd say destro is the way to go at the moment!

Just a small question: are you aiming for realm records? If you're not, play whatever you want, get whatever items you have (as long as they are 463+) and choose whatever spec you are comfortable with. CM 9/9 requires literally zero min-maxing and theorycrafting. You don't need special class composition, you don't need 43543 sockets in your gear, any special professions and/or racials.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    While i can attest that destro lock is super powerful in CMs, i cant really believe that you were more impressed with destro lock thatn with pre-mastery-nerf frost mage Oo. I did in on my frostmage a few weeks ago, and even without frostburn, shattering CoC-FrostBombs was pretty sick :O
    Well, I usually carry people, so I'm doing a lot of dps compared to others, which means long fights. As a Frost mage, I had 600k+ bursts on not that many targets, while destro only peaks at 450k, but the sustained is almost as good as a frost mage's. And no, don't worry, I'm not a nub that don't know how to use freeze and frost nova to maximize dmg. :P

I dunno, I guess I thought the destro burst was really good. Not as good as Frozen orb + Frost Bomb shatter, but when not using CDs, it's definitely close to being as good. Sustained is amazing too.

And more impressed? No. I just had more fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Just a small question: are you aiming for realm records? If you're not, play whatever you want, get whatever items you have (as long as they are 463+) and choose whatever spec you are comfortable with. CM 9/9 requires literally zero min-maxing and theorycrafting. You don't need special class composition, you don't need 43543 sockets in your gear, any special professions and/or racials.
    ^And this

I've been doing CMs with 2 fury warriors.

Destro will work extremely well for CMode. F&B is very strong on the many large trash packs, shadowburn execute to clean up adds and fuel Embers.. and it allows pooling or resources for Boss burst.

Demo IMO has a better toolkit for AoE stuns and interrupts with Axe Toss and Carrion Swarm from some of the CModes where interrupts are a bit more important, and its AoE aint shabby either with HoG, Immo, Carrion, and felstorm. Demo also allows pooling of resources for boss burst, but can be a bit weaker for bosses once pooled fury is gone with such low haste/crit.

I've never done as Aff, probably never would.

Aye, destruction is the way to go because of the insane burst and AoE. I'm running CM regularly with a mate and he's doing it as Demonology with little problems. It also depends on the fight. If you have full rage at last boss in Brewery, then Demo will kick ass.

BTW, if you're from Europe and wanna do CM, every week I try to organize as many CM as I can. Not everyone has the luck to be on a high-population server with people willing to do CM. (

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Aye, destruction is the way to go because of the insane burst and AoE. I'm running CM regularly with a mate and he's doing it as Demonology with little problems. It also depends on the fight. If you have full rage at last boss in Brewery, then Demo will kick ass.

BTW, if you're from Europe and wanna do CM, every week I try to organize as many CM as I can. Not everyone has the luck to be on a high-population server with people willing to do CM. (
    Thanks I might try that is it in relation to your signature?

LaplaceNoMa I just want to get 9/9 just didn't want to hold back an entire group because of a certain specs choice, so it's good to know that spec doesn't matter a great deal.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bhoy View Post

LaplaceNoMa I just want to get 9/9 just didn't want to hold back an entire group because of a certain specs choice, so it's good to know that spec doesn't matter a great deal.

Thanks for your help.
    Aye, just sign up when you can and add MMO-Champion in your note. I'll give you priority over others! And don't worry about lack of experience. I started last week with 0 experience and got it without being boosted. Just read up on tactics and that's it!

Hope to see you soon!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Bhoy View Post

Thanks for your help.
    Aye, just sign up when you can and add MMO-Champion in your note. I'll give you priority over others! And don't worry about lack of experience. I started last week with 0 experience and got it without being boosted. Just read up on tactics and that's it!

Hope to see you soon!

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

demo is the best, especially at this stat scaling, but destro is really good also, especially since most ppl don't know how to play demo and destro is super easy, in most cases destro would be the go to choice.

mobs don't live long enough for aff to be close to either of them, plus the reduced stats and haste especially hit aff the hardest, but if you're just going for golds then any spec is totally fine, whatever you're best at playing.

Destro is far superior that others.

Deleted
    I did CM on two locks 9/9 gold both in destru because the aoe is so strong and i found that demo aoe required u to be in melee which on alot of packs meant your death :P

Demo is the best in most cases (assuming you understand how to play it in Challenge Modes), Destro is much easier to play in there and almost just as good.

Ive done CMs as both Destro and demo, and I hear a lot of people have done it as affli too.

It is more about the player than the class for just golds. If you know the instances and can play whatever spec well, you are fine to do what you please

As soon as you start pulling trash into bosses destro completely destroys any other spec in the game besides possibly frost mages in Challenge modes