Poll: Still excited for WoD?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Your point? Jaded much?
    Getting excited for something that turns out bad, which seems that it might happen with this expansion. Easy point...?

I'm excited, but I think the value is poor. What I mean is content offered vs. the cost of the expansion. Raising the price by $10 and throwing in a "free" level 90 doesn't seem too justified to me. I like that they're redoing the old vanilla and BC races and garrisons sound interesting, but I was hoping more for at least a new class or races on top of everything else. In addition to that, the lack of a beta at this point in time is a little upsetting as well, but as usual, I'm going to buy it regardless.

from a lore standpoint i cant wait to see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    If the past two expansions are any indication of the future, then no.
    Don't be silly. Cata and MOP were awesome expansions, so of course they're going to build upon those successes by dragging out the Garrosh story for another 2 years and revert back to Cata-launch Healing.

Oh and Flying mounts are for squares, so let's just remove that whole thing because who wants to fly when they can walk on the ground?

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure WoD is going to be utter shit with them losing another 2 million subs or more.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I'm vaguely curious how far sub numbers will drop, what Blizzard will do to try and stem the bleeding, and slightly more interested in how long it takes them to get it out (mainly for the schadenfreude ), but excited? Hell no.

Garrisons? Couldn't give a damn. Hate the idea that they'll be mandatory. (Didn't like World of Farmcraft or Pokewow either.) New Models? Slightly dislike. (I don't like where they're going with faces, and am kind of offended that they're calling it a feature.) Don't find the pseudo-time-travel appealing, don't want to 'revisit' a past Draenor that doesn't really matter; feels like the grand plot is going to stand still for another three years. Don't mind the squish, but it's a book-keeping change. Loss of hit/expertise/parry and replacement stats looks idiotic to me. Few minor QoL changes are nice, but not 'expansion' material. Professions look to remain in craptacular shape. Number of 5-man dungeons is simply pathetic, as is the state of PvP. (And no, I don't have any confidence they'll fix the latter.) They're likely going to bork locks, the one class whose MoP redesign I was actually happy with. The potential for a new healing model is nice, but again, that not exactly, "Omg, looks awesome" design - it's basically fixing something they already broke, if they can even pull it off successfully.

And that's all without getting into the cash shop and even more transparent than ever before slot-machine loot mechanics, which are deal-breakers all on their own. So, excited, nope. Sad at what a great game has been reduced to? Yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    But the reason why I say its a shitty example is because they can't see the forest from the trees. They aren't getting the bigger picture of what was being done in Cataclysm and in MoP. Talent Trees are arguably the best it has ever been. Objectively and subjectively, every game developer and fan would more or less actually love it since it has more choice than any other. A redone world of vanilla was great for leveling players. Ability bloat was also a good thing. Healing changes were great too. But there came problems to everything afterwards.
    What fracking "Talent Trees" are you talking about? WoW doesn't even have talent trees anymore - there's no flow, no branching, no building. A set of unrelated abilities you can revamp at will are not "Talent Trees" in any sense of the word. Calling it the Talent Wal-Mart would be more accurate. (As would other, less polite terms.) Hey! There's an idea: Blizzard can sell extra Talents in the Cash Shop!
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

I was only briefly excited when I first heard about Garrisons and I mistakenly thought it was housing. Once I realized it was non optional and resembled farming 2.0 and rep grinds more than housing my bubble of excitement quickly deflated. Nothing else sounds even remotely exciting to me at this point. They have sucked the fun out of leveling completely by making it mostly a meaningless blur, and with the removal of the talent trees. The new talent toggles are completely meaningless as you just change whatever you want a whim, no planning, sacrifice or difficult decisions. The talent system has become pretty much what the rest of the game has, no thinking required.

I'm only excited to see how many subs wow will lose with this dry period before WoD and then the failure that WoD as a whole will become since the plot is terrible and there is no new features besides garrisons. Which the true players dont even want garrisons we want player housing that actually does stuff (like wildstar). June 3rd cant come quick enough cant wait to be done with the filth wow as become. I miss TBC and WOTLK when things actually mattered in the game. What we have now is a dumbed down casual version of what used to be the most fun game where you could put hours into your character and never even get inclined to roll an alt. Now? Everyone has 12 90s that goes to show how boring the game has become and streamlined into a,b,c okay time to reroll an alt and do a,b,c again until tuesday then do it again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    I'm only excited to see how many subs wow will lose with this dry period before WoD and then the failure that WoD as a whole will become since the plot is terrible and there is no new features besides garrisons. Which the true players dont even want garrisons we want player housing that actually does stuff (like wildstar). June 3rd cant come quick enough cant wait to be done with the filth wow as become.
    I can't believe how disillusioned and upset the playerbase is right now. I haven't seen this level of anger on the forums since Cata.

Not saying that you don't have a right to feel that way, it's just surprising to see how many players on the forums/fansites are reacting this way right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    What fracking "Talent Trees" are you talking about? WoW doesn't even have talent trees anymore - there's no flow, no branching, no building. A set of unrelated abilities you can revamp at will are not "Talent Trees" in any sense of the word. Calling it the Talent Wal-Mart would be more accurate. (As would other, less polite terms.) Hey! There's an idea: Blizzard can sell extra Talents in the Cash Shop!
    I was going to post something huge and argue with you but then I am like, "I'm just gonna go to lie down for a bit and listen to some good ol fashion animal crossing music or play world of warcraft and level my panda. So whatever. Do whatever you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

I was a bit hyped at first I guess, but so far its been a journey into a realm of disappointment. Not even sure if I'm going to pre-order/buy it.

And if you people will think this is going to be TBC 2.0, lol, prepare to be disappointed.

I'm off to play some ESO, enjoy your 12+ month long patch.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    No.

I was a bit hyped at first I guess, but so far its been a journey into a realm of disappointment. Not even sure if I'm going to pre-order/buy it.

And if you people will think this is going to be TBC 2.0, lol, prepare to be disappointed.

I'm off to play some ESO, enjoy your 12+ month long patch.
    Enjoy your MMO that's trying to be Skyrim and WoW at the same time but failing miserably at both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I think the problem is that WoD is so far out that the playerbase has enough time to sit there and realize that there's pretty much nothing new except for Garrisons and even that is just an evolution of the farm. I'm totally okay with expansions not needing to add shiny new features every single time they happen but if that's going to be the case then there's no excuse for a two year expansion cycle. I think that's where most of the dissent is stemming from, it can only get worse in the intervening months as that has time to settle and information has time to dissipate to people that don't go to the fansites or follow the updates religiously.
    Heck, if I enjoyed the direction they were going with the game I wouldn't even mind a two-year expansion cycle. But releasing content "faster than ever" for a year, and then going into a year-long content drought is just incompetent.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

I was super excited when it was announced but I think it was mostly due to my overall disappointment and disinterest in Pandaria. Anything they announced I would have been happy about. But the more I compare what they have announced to past expansions, and now going longer and longer without beta having even started, I'm just trying not to care at all. That way I wont be overly disappointed =[

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alundra View Post
    Enjoy your MMO that's trying to be Skyrim and WoW at the same time but failing miserably at both.
    lol

/10lols.char
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

I'm actually enjoying the loooooong fallow time until the next expansion. In particular, I can gear up multiple characters with CP gear just doing unrated PvP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

No. I left after a month of Pandaria, as I hated every second of it. Mostly the theme.

Garrisons are no selling feature for me, and I do not consider models a feature at all. That novelty will wear of extremely fast, anyways.

Seeing how the Blizzard store has developed has been a major turnoff to watch. Level 90 potions, pay to skip (the game you paid for to play), has locked the door and thrown away the key for my return.

At least good memories count for something.

Voted for 50/60, since the only thing I'm ATM interested in is Garrisons.

Blizzard already posted about lots of features turning the way I don't like in WoD:
    - Craptaclysm healing v2.0.
    - Yet another orc themed expansion (arrgh)
    - No cross-faction gameplay.
    - 20-man raiding.
    - Shadow&Holy Priests pve performance.
    - etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Voted for 50/60, since the only thing I'm ATM interested in is Garrisons.

Blizzard already posted about lots of features turning the way I don't like in WoD:
    - Craptaclysm healing v2.0.
    - Yet another orc themed expansion (arrgh)
    - No cross-faction gameplay.
    - 20-man raiding.
    - Shadow&Holy Priests pve performance.
    - etc etc.
    The cross faction thing is a big one for me / there's absolutely no reason to arbitrary split the player base, especially on PvE servers.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I'm excited, but more of a bubbling under the surface than a giddy, shaky excited as I was in past expansions. That's mostly because the speculation and "ifs" and "buts" in my head and on online forums get me more hyped than I should be. I'll reserve my full blast of excited energy for when the game is about to be released, and eventually is released.

If you see a rainbow, accented with the sound of techno and glee-filled screaming in the fall, that's me. Hopefully.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.