Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Well, sure (I don't really agree that Vanilla Diablo 3 deserved a 1 or 0 as a score, since those ratings should only be used for products with no qualities to speak of, which wasn't the case for D3 if you ask me). I personally did not have the same issues a lot of people had with the servers, but I can understand the frustration at least. You have to agree though that RoS launch was really, really smooth. Heck, I didn't even lag or loose my connection all day, and I heard no one who had major issues other than an occasional bug here and there.
    It was literally unplayable here. over 2 weeks of error code bingo at prime time every night, and when you could get on in off hours, the servers crashed and all progress was lost.
    If you bundle always online requirements in a game, then you should rightly be rated on the overall service provided and at launch and for some time afterwards it was literally not playable. I got a refund as the game was not fit for purpose and failed to deliver a service that met reasonable expectations.

Its much better now, and I'm happy with it, if the game had been like this at launch, I'd have had no complaints about it. For a decent game I'd rate it 6-7ish, for a great game 7-8, exceptional 8-9, and anything 9-9.9 (you cant get 10!) you'd have to be a timeless classic of stunning quality.

I'm not a fan of the whole, if a game does not get 8+ its shit mentality of game reviews. So usually I find user reviews more useful if taken en-mass. Rather than the inflated scores the gaming press gives games.
    But yeah, I find text reviews better than scores, you can disregard the OMG this is awesome!!!! ones and the This SuXs! variety, and focus on the moderate middle and you'll get a fairly decent idea of a games strengths and weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardApologist View Post
    I like the game, I like the sound of Crusader, Adventure mode and bounties, and I look forward to experiencing new lore, but as I said, if they can't adhere to their own standards in quality, they don't deserve 45$. The price already feels like an over-expensive DLC to begin with.

Beyond the Dark Portal, expansion: multiple cinematics

Brood Wars, expansion: multiple cinematics

LoD, expansion: multiple cinematics

Frozen Throne, expansion: multiple cinematics

Hearth of the Swarm, expansion, multiple cinematics

RoS, expansion: 1 cinematic

You make more money and deliver less, that makes 0 sense to me.
    I wouldn't try to force you to like the game, we all have our wants and needs out of the experience. I myself mostly like it but thought there could have been a few nice things they could have done. Regardless I'm having fun.

I would suggest however that if you're criticizing a game, the fact that it has less cinematics (which you're likely to watch 1 single time) is not that good of a reason. I'm sure you can find something interesting to watch on YouTube for a few minutes if you really want some sort of visual thing...or perhaps a movie?