Need help with a computer build!

Hi guys! My computer is getting old and so i want to build a new one. Howver this is the first computer i would be building so i would like some help with it

Budget $1000-1200

Resolution 1920x1200

Games / Settings Desired: Can play recent games and record them at about 25+ FPS Generally on medium settings.

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) Video editing/rendering. I do this when im sleeping so no special hardware is needed for this

Country. USA

Do you need an OS? Windows 7 or Windows 8

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? No just the computer.

Parts that i would like:
    Intel I7 Procceser.
    Nivida 600+ Graphics Card
    1TB Harddrive
    600-700 watt power supply
    Motherboard: Im unable to find a good one.
    Last edited by Zarandra; 2014-03-26 at 04:12 AM.
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

asus z87 atx A
    mobo everyone seems to insist on nowadays

10+ Year Old Account
    There you go:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($329.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($33.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1150.89
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-26 02:10 EDT-0400)
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Aprixius View Post
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) Video editing/rendering. I do this when im sleeping so no special hardware is needed for this

Parts that i would like:
    Intel I7 [Processor].
    Don't take this the wrong way but, is there any particular reason why you want an i7 when the majority of the tasks that would benefit from an i7 are done while you are asleep? An i7 will definitely help you with rendering or other CPU intensive tasks but if the main purpose that you will be using your PC for is gaming, you can save yourself $100+ just by dropping down to an i5 instead of an i7. You won't lose a lot of performance, if any, and doing so would allow for you to spend some more on other components, such as a better video card, a slightly more expensive case, or even a larger SSD without going over budget.

For example, using the build that Cyrops made except swapping out the i7 for an i5, the price drops $130 without sacrificing any real performance if you're going to be using this PC primarily for gaming.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Micro Center)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($30.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($73.48 @ SuperBiiz)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1017.36
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-27 11:28 EDT-0400)

Again, I'm not trying to question your choices or say that an i7 is useless, just trying to save you some money Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Disconnected; 2014-03-27 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    One of the things I would look at is having a 250GB SSD for your operational drive, and a 120SSD as a 'buffer' disk, so that all your rendering processes are done on the second SSD - this is feasible if you take the build Disconnected has proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Disconnected View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way but, is there any particular reason why you want an i7 when the majority of the tasks that would benefit from an i7 are done while you are asleep? An i7 will definitely help you with rendering or other CPU intensive tasks but if the main purpose that you will be using your PC for is gaming, you can save yourself $100+ just by dropping down to an i5 instead of an i7. You won't lose a lot of performance, if any, and doing so would allow for you to spend some more on other components, such as a better video card, a slightly more expensive case, or even a larger SSD without going over budget.
    Ah well all my friends told me AVOID i5s THERE CRUDDY FOR GAMING. So i believed them and wanted an i7. Maybe not the best of choices of believing?
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Ah well all my friends told me AVOID i5s THERE CRUDDY FOR GAMING. So i believed them and wanted an i7. Maybe not the best of choices of believing?
    Your friends are wrong and they should feel bad. The i5 is basically the best option for gaming, the i7 is better for gaming for only a very few games that utilise hyper threading, I can only think of crysis 3 off the top of my head. The slight benefit if any, you'll gain from the i7 isn't worth the extra cash.

The difference between an i5 and an i7 is 0.1Ghz stock speed - aka they're basically the exact same thing but with a $80 price tag difference. Go with an i5 4670k. If you want the added performance overclock the i5 and you'll be well above any i7 anyway. Getting it to 4.0 Ghz should run essentially no risk anyway.