Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I died a few times against rares when MoP started, learning their move set, so I can see why a newer person to Pandaria could perish.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearnor View Post
    Long story short,i was in vale of eternal blossom passing by when i saw a shaman trying to solo a rare,i wanted the loot (the bag with ores/cloths/etc) so i was standing there watching him die.He used his anhk as well and i didnt tried to tag it after the reset.Then a rage storm of wispers came,calling me d*ck,scummer and other beautiful words cause i wasnt helping him.
    Do u think u HAVE to help someone because u are the same faction?
    Personaly i dont think so,if he wanted help,he had to invite me to a party.
    Don't have to help him, and you have the option of right clicking his name and report him for language. He were just being selfish, as you were.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I died a few times against rares when MoP started, learning their move set, so I can see why a newer person to Pandaria could perish.
    Sure, but if you're not good enough to kill it, you don't go calling people cunts because they didn't help you. You go about your business, acquire better gear, learn your skills more, find out how you died so you know what to do next time.

Being shit then blaming someone else should hardly be the first thing that pops into your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is frustrating to be on the dying end, but like you said, if they really want the help they would invite to group. I wouldn't want to be used as a tool for their loot, and so I generally expect others to feel the same (and would avoid helping me kill one).

This is one of the reasons I hope they add the tag option to the WoD rares, and keep it limited to faction only (with the personal loot system in place, like timeless isle ones).
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Fearnor View Post
    Long story short,i was in vale of eternal blossom passing by when i saw a shaman trying to solo a rare,i wanted the loot (the bag with ores/cloths/etc) so i was standing there watching him die.He used his anhk as well and i didnt tried to tag it after the reset.Then a rage storm of wispers came,calling me d*ck,scummer and other beautiful words cause i wasnt helping him.
    Do u think u HAVE to help someone because u are the same faction?
    Personaly i dont think so,if he wanted help,he had to invite me to a party.
    It's a moral question. I am sure you will get lots of supports in this forum to ensure that you are not wrong. But, ask another question, does that mean you are right? Let's try to assume that you were killed in the solo while others stand by any wait for your death, then, how would you feel inside? indifference maybe. You are very wrong in the moral level because you let the selfishness in your heart grow, however you are not wrong at all for being an egoist, you just choose the wrong way.
    Last edited by billielecter; 2014-03-26 at 09:33 AM.

It's a video game you morons. I highly doubt the majority of you will understand what I've typed simply because you feel guilty about something as simple as a video game because you lack tangibility in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Sure, but if you're not good enough to kill it, you don't go calling people cunts because they didn't help you. You go about your business, acquire better gear, learn your skills more, find out how you died so you know what to do next time.

Being shit then blaming someone else should hardly be the first thing that pops into your head.
    Oh definitely, I think the player described in the OP IS 100% in the wrong, and I would have just reported them and moved on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    It's a video game you morons. I highly doubt the majority of you will understand what I've typed simply because you feel guilty about something as simple as a video game because you lack tangibility in real life.
    There there champ, calm down aye

10+ Year Old Account
    Not helping and watching someone die? That's perfectly cool.
    Actively trying to kill them (If they're the same faction), that's just being a dick.

Deleted
    If he wanted your help he should have invited you. Simple.

Thanks everyone for ur answers.even the one who cursed me :P
    Anyway,i dont think there is right or wrong as some people already mentioned.I prefer to play this game as a loner,in the degree that is possible.Except raids/arena(which arent soloable),i never ask for help,i dont ask for help in real life as well,i dont know if it counts as selfish or just being a m*ron! :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by billielecter View Post
    It's a moral question. I am sure you will get lots of supports in this forum to ensure that you are not wrong. But, ask another question, does that mean you are right? Let's try to assume that you were killed in the solo while others stand by any wait for your death, then, how would you feel inside? indifference maybe. You are very wrong in the moral level because you let the selfish in your heart grow, however you are not wrong at all for being an egoist, you just choose the wrong way.
    What Ghazan said. In real life you could argue that there is a moral obligation to help, even if it inconveniences you or elicits some cost or even danger. But in WoW? Nobody is in any danger. "Death" is a slap on the wrist. Nobody "owns" or has any other claim to a mob they tagged - a rare is a simple challenge, in game terms you play well, you kill it, you loot it. If you fail, someone else can try.

All in all, no, this is not a moral dilemma. Doesn't even get a ping out of my ethicometer.

I don't expect help, and I don't invite people when I have engaged the mob, cause then I'm busy staying alive. But if I see someone fighting it, and I want to kill it, I will give them an invite. If they accept, I will help.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally land beside people and go "choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke" until either them or the rare dies. If they were the one that died, I cheer and kill their mob.

It may be wrong, but I don't care. Which makes it sorta right?

Deleted
    Hmm.

Your reputation should be worth more than a bag of cloth / ore / etc.

I can understand it with the Zandari rares that drop the Direhorn mounts, but seems really dickish to do it for such a trivial rare, just looks like you're trying to be an ass. You didn't have to help, but leaving him be to go back and try again would of been the right thing to do tbh.

Deleted
    It's definitely not wrong but standing there watching him and waiting for him to wipe is not nice either. IMO if you don't want to help, go about your business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No, it's not wrong. If you can't kill something by yourself you shouldn't attack it.

I dont see anything wrong in it, usually i only help if I can see that the person aint gonna die at all (Usually when it is a healer or a tank who aint top geared but still surviving), so that the rare might spawn faster, due to the fact that is killed faster than the tagger would have done it.

It's fair enough.

However, I draw the line at people dragging other mobs onto you to force you to wipe. Some classes are more susceptible than others to this.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong in it, it's always nice to help someone out. However if you want it then do what you want, i normally wait to see if they die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    It's fair enough.

However, I draw the line at people dragging other mobs onto you to force you to wipe. Some classes are more susceptible than others to this.
    I've had people try and do this to me, as I main Guardian, they just drag lots of mobs around, and my AoE picks them up, but a quick Shadowmeld can fix that