Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    If its a Horde, kill him, take over rare.

If its an Ally, try to fuck him over somehow, if not wait and taunt him and hope he dies.

It's only wrong if you don't Gin-Ji knife their corpse before you pull the rare.

You were fine. If he wanted help, he could have asked for it.

If I see someone about to die, I will often help out. I don't do it out of obligation though. On the flip side, if I am soloing something, and end up dying while someone else watches - it's all good. If I really wanted help, I should have asked. Anything else is a bonus.

I he asked for help or invited you, kinda a dick move but whatever.

If he was soloing, and just expected you to leap in and save his ass so he can get loot, then no.

It's a case of don't hate the player, hate the game. Hopefully this "first guy to poke gets loot" business is finally over in WoD and we can move into the current generation of MMOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I would have whispered him for an invite. If he didn't want to share, he could go down in flames. Soloing rares is not difficult, but doing it on what sounds like a boosted or unprepared Shammy is just silly.

If it's a mob you want as well? I'm suprised you didn't try to mess him up by pulling mobs into his little fight, at least then the whispers would've been deserved.

Interesting, coming from the same community that was outraged at censer behavior on TI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread is a mirror of what has become of the games community.
    It spread like a cancer how it is cool or the norm, to act with douche bag mentality.

While I certainly do not waste my time chasing for rares in Pandaria, when I stumble into one by chance, and someone fights him already I am not butt hurt about it.
    I too watch for a while whether the person gets the kill or not. If I see the rare goes down, I move on. If I see the player struggle, I help him.
    I don't need an invite to help. Depending on what toon I am on, I either toss some heals to the player, or if I am on a dmg toon, I help burning it down.
    Anything else is rather stupid, given the fairly large loot tables of those rares. That one item, it might never drop for you anyway.

On the same token, if I happen to be near a rare that I still need, and I see someone there, I ask how long they are already camping, and whether they wanna group for it if the rare should spawn any minute, for all I really want is only the kill itself.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

It is not wrong at all! Follow your heart!

nope, better yet: increase their chances of wiping by taunting mobs in their vicinity (if you're same faction). or taunting the rare and make it evade (ie fly on top of a rock or smoething where the rare can't walk, then taunt)

Quote Originally Posted by frymastermeat View Post
    It's a case of don't hate the player, hate the game. Hopefully this "first guy to poke gets loot" business is finally over in WoD and we can move into the current generation of MMOs.
    No thank you, if I'm hunting a rare item, I don't want to deal with stupid personal loot.

Deleted
    wrong?, why would u care about random peoples?, just do what u want and dont feel bad l0l.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    In the scenario you described hell no its not wrong. I solo the warbringers and like someone else said once they are nearly dead I get endless invite spam. The only thing I won't do personally is taunt and reset adds on people, that is just kind of douche in my opinion.