Deleted

Guild Management - Mythic Loot System

Hey all,

As the GM of a 10 man guild who are on our way to going 20 man for mythic, I was hoping to get a little feedback about what other 10 mans are planning / 25 mans already do in terms of loot assignment for the larger raid size. Currently we run a really informal council but with a bigger roster I was thinking we might need to change to something more sophisticated, but I've never really raided in anywhere thats used one before. Any feedback on your guild's system is appreciated!

Thanks, Nightrise.

Raided in a top #47(their 10man kill) guild on West after they went 25man and they had officer loot. You don't need epgp or other fancy systems, if your officer/council loot works great, no reason to change.

Almost all serious guilds make loot decisions based on the raid rather than letting things like EPGP or the old DKP to dictate who gets loot. It might not be as "fair" but it maximizes the raid's effectiveness when you can just put loot where it's the most useful. It's a bit more difficult in larger raid sizes, but any of those systems that decides who gets loot for you is bound to be inefficient.

We plan to use loot council for mythic, using the EPGP loot addon just for the nice interface it gives so you can see what everyone has and who it would benifit the most.

Just use a /roll system with light loot counciling. Emphasize upgrades > sidegrades. Prioritize people who need tier to complete a strong bonus. Try not to play favorites, as hard as that can be.

Our tanks pretty much talk between themselves right now regarding loot. Our healers do the same, thought it might be a tad more difficult to communicate going from 3 healers to 5+. Everything else is done /roll style.

It helps, as the raid leader/future loot council leader, and as a healer, that I prefer gearing DPS over healers. Shows I'm not in it for the loot and will do my best to make a fair loot council.

Point based systems are more trouble than its worth.

The only reason to go DKP or EPGP is if your officers/loot council can not be trusted or if your raiders are too imature/selfish to realize that the loot may be better served going to someone other then them.

If either of those are going on then your guild is doomed anyways.

Edit: you can maybe use an EPGP type system to keep track of how muhc loot people are getting as a tie breaker but the numbers should never be the final say in who gets something. it should always go to the person that will benefit the raid the most.

Example: We knew our Monk healers were not going to be in on Garrosh or Paragons so we basically didnt give them any gear that other people needed once we had killed Siegecrafter. Our Monks 100% understood why it was happening and accepted it.
    Last edited by Gliff; 2014-03-26 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrisee View Post
    Hey all,

As the GM of a 10 man guild who are on our way to going 20 man for mythic, I was hoping to get a little feedback about what other 10 mans are planning / 25 mans already do in terms of loot assignment for the larger raid size. Currently we run a really informal council but with a bigger roster I was thinking we might need to change to something more sophisticated, but I've never really raided in anywhere thats used one before. Any feedback on your guild's system is appreciated!

Thanks, Nightrise.
    If you used loot council before, you can still use loot council after. Plenty of 25-man guilds do.

You don't need something more sophisticated... just more formal. Loot council works fine in 25-man. Informal doesn't.

Deleted
    its really depends
    We use EPGP because your raid is changed constantly 20-25 isnt like 10 man you have pretty big chance to lost some character. Loot councill will work only if you are sure that the raid core will remain almost with the same persons for long period of time

Deleted
    Keep using Loot Council

First of all, any point system is crap because you shouldn't get any upgrade until you have your big 7/8 (4 tier piece / Weapons / Trinkets) - these are the main items for dps and therefor people will save for those, leaving the other items that might be best in slot alone for a while.

Secondly it gives you controle of who you gear, i'dd rather gear the guy who I played with for 8 years but had to miss 2 raids due to real life stuff, than the new unknown person who didn't miss any yet... (asuming both are equally skilled ofc)

We use /roll now with light communal loot-counciling. For Mythic we will be going to a rotating loot council. I trust most of my raiders, but I'm a stickler for fairness and letting everyone take a turn on the loot council keeps it transparent and keeps anyone from being a jerk, because the guy you screw might just be the deciding vote on your own next upgrade.

To specify, my guild did it like this --

GM links a [DropRing] -->
    --> interested individual1 : [Ring1] [Ring2] BIS
    --> interested individual2: [Ring1] [Ring2] UP
    --> interested individual3: [Ring1] [Ring2] OFF

Items in brackets are items linked on chat. Ring1 & Ring2 are the rings currently in possession by interested individuals - in other words, people who want the ring drop just link their rings and inform the loot council whether it's BIS, an upgrade or they simply want it for offspec. The same goes with trinket, we had to link both of our trinkets - linking two weapons if you play a dual wielding class, like rogues.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2014-03-27 at 02:53 PM.