Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    I doubt anybody is actually farming blood shards.
    It is however quite common to get them while farming bounties for rifts.
    I'm "farming" them at least :P

Used about 1000 of them on helmets so far on my WD trying to get Mask of Jeram but no luck yet.... BUT ONE DAY I SHALL SUCCEED!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beartastic View Post
    I'm nearing 1 million damage
    Again these numbers. Are you talking about 1000000 sheet damage when solo? Any chance you could show us your gear so we can get an idea of what kind of 10 billion gold items you're using?

See the thing is... If your gear at 60 in vanilla was like in the 95% range or higher of BiS, gear where every piece could fetch you a full price on the money auction, and hundreds of millions or billions of gold in the gold auction, then is it really fun if all that is made worthless with a few hours (which is what you've played so far, even if you've played nonstop since launch) of playing? I'm sure it's not.

There was no gear reset due to leveling from D2 vanilla to LoD. There's a small gear reset from D3 vanilla to RoS, but only if you had shit gear to begin with. If you had like the absolute best gear in the game ever, then it stands to reason they'll work at 70 better than the random rare and legendary shit you've found thus far, or better even than the best gear at 70 in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    I doubt anybody is actually farming blood shards.
    It is however quite common to get them while farming bounties for rifts.
    Umm... How else do you get blood shards than from doing bounties?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beartastic View Post
    I know the game has only been out for a day and a half, but as I'm sure most of the community is already 70 and farming for better gear, I have to ask this question. I find myself still using about 80% of my pre-RoS gear. I'm nearing 1 million damage with the newer items that I have added, and it seems that there are a lot of pieces at the new max level that can't even remotely compare to the ilvl 63s I have. Are there any other players having similar issues?

As a side-note: Anyone currently farming blood shards, I suggest you hold onto them until Blizz makes a better system for them. I'm fairly certain the "gambling" thing won't last very long and they'll normalize it via higher amounts of shard prices for guaranteed better loot.
    You're going to be holding on to those shards for a long time, because -mark my words here- you will NEVER get "guaranteed" upgrades in a Diablo game. Ever. That's not in the nature of the game, never was. This isn't WoW, and bloodshards aren't Valor points. Gambling has been in Diablo forever, and is quite popular among the hardcore grinders and farmers (myself included). It has a ridiculously low chance of yielding upgrades, it always has.

It's not supposed to "counter RNG" (nothing is supposed to do that in Diablo), it's just another slot machine mechanic (farming is nothing but luck) in the game. And it's good that way.

So go ahead and spend them - just realize that you will be getting RANDOM stuff, you can get legendaries for any class, or you can just get junk. And most of the time you'll get junk.

Deleted
    I've been blowing all my shards on 1H weapons in the hopes of getting a sweet double hydra wand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, having a lot of trouble finding upgrades over 60 gear. In fact, I changed a stat on my 60 yellow ring so it has attack speed, crit, crit dmg and it dominates every 70 ring I see in dmg. I figured level 70 yellows would shit all over 60 legendaries but most 60 legendaries are actually better, especially legacy ones. Even a lot of 60 yellows are better. I used my legacy Skorn until 70 and even then, I crit harder with my Skorn. Didn't upgrade til I found a couple legendary 1h's. Which reminds me, they need to buff 2H's. There's a long thread with a highly rated post about this problem on the Blizz forums so I suspect they will be at some point, but currently there's almost no reason at all to use a 2h over 1h's.

And I just want to point out how utterly ridiculous it is that you lose all your progress if you disconnect during Bounties or after you open a Rift. You spend all that time doing the bounties and getting keystones, then open a Rift, spend all the time clearing the Rift and then DC...and you're shit out of luck. It happened 3 times to me tonight, causing me to make a post about it on the forums, but too many threads are being made so it got lost. They need to make it so progress on Bounties saves and Rifts stay open for at least 5-10 min after you DC, if not until you finish it.

http://i.imgur.com/Qu1th2M.jpg Note how close I was to finishing.
    Last edited by Tucci; 2014-03-27 at 11:36 AM.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I dropped some of my lvl 60 crit gear and replaced with items that showed a DPS loss on character sheet...

DPS actually IMPROVED, because even though I lost the crit I gained like 500 STR per piece. This means my white hits (which there are far more of) did a LOT more and overall the crits did roughly the same since they were outweighed by the extra str. Basically....ignore the DPS sheet.
    Bonus points if the item has +% to a damage that you use (for my Barbarian I stacked me some + physical to buff my Rend, Avalanche, and Bash and it works beautifully).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Honestly i expected (and i was wrong) the loot progression from 61-69 to be more like wow, new xpack= new gear and the old one rendered immediately obsolete, but i see how blizzard went easy on it considering many peoples invested real money on their 60 legacy gear; that said i've a feeling that even lvl 70 legs with perfect stat will be super rare forcing peoples to use the mystic and tune what they drop.
    A lot of people with supermax raid gear going into a new expac would still wear that up until max level, especially if rushing to cap to get into week 1 raids, due to perfect itemization and increased budget from item quality as well as enchants and gem slots. When the better gear started dropping, it was replaced. Didn't happen immediately.

RoS has only been out for a few days.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)