Page 1 of 72
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Draenei model speculation

anyone else curious to see what they do with the draenei?

I for one am curious to see if they come out more exotic looking, like the original design they were forced to scrap for time. Or if they will retain the pretty blood elf face. (females)

As well as the obvious, the tails, will they be able to make them as long as they should be and not weird little limp stubs (both male and female) Perhaps they will also have the ability to make them move sometimes, like any tail on an animal does. Add a little more immersion to the character

I'm a Horde player, but very excited to see what they do with the draenei, same goes for Bloodelfs.

what's this exotic look you're talking about (original design??)?

Deleted
    None of my characters are draenei (anymore, racechanged my Paladin because I realized it was a stupid idea since I play PvP), but I'm still excited to see the new models, they're cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    I'm a Horde player, but very excited to see what they do with the draenei, same goes for Bloodelfs.

Well the overall difference between draenei and eredar is very small.

Ever notice how male eredar and male draenei look mostly the same. Yet female eredar and female draenei are so drastically different?

the female was slapped together as I understand. They should look a little more like the males, that Slavic style. As well, their tails are supposed to be much longer. As they are for balance.

there is even a new artwork of a new major character draenei who looks more like the original concept art.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they look like those twins that Kirk was in bed with in Star Trek: Into Darkness.

Sorry, probably Japanese in a past life lol.
    Last edited by Blockygame; 2014-03-26 at 01:21 PM.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

15+ Year Old Account
    Been contemplating swapping from human to draenei for a while, but haven't cause:
    1. I love EMFH in PvE FAAAAR too much.
    2. (More recently) The new human female models are purdy.

If dranaei get a bit more Yrel treatment in game, and the racials are better balanced, I might still go Draenei in WoD.

Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Been contemplating swapping from human to draenei for a while, but haven't cause:
    1. I love EMFH in PvE FAAAAR too much.
    2. (More recently) The new human female models are purdy.

If dranaei get a bit more Yrel treatment in game, and the racials are better balanced, I might still go Draenei in WoD.
    Yrel's artwork looks badass as fuck, I doubt that she'll be that cool ingame though

My lvl 2 Sham is Draenei F, but anyway I would like to see the change
    I think it will be similar to Draenei F appeared at WoD cinematic

Oh and by the way, I think it will be highly possible that they might give us female goat with armor on and claim that it is actually Draenei F for April Fool's Day joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekuda View Post
    Yrel's artwork looks badass as fuck, I doubt that she'll be that cool ingame though
    that's really how they should look. It's unfortunate they are so afraid of pissing people off they won't take the models to a better place. like Yrel

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ataraxia123 View Post
    My lvl 2 Sham is Draenei F, but anyway I would like to see the change
    I think it will be similar to Draenei F appeared at WoD cinematic

Oh and by the way, I think it will be highly possible that they might give us female goat with armor on and claim that it is actually Draenei F for April Fool's Day joke
    That would amuse me

Deleted
    I REALLY hope this isn't an aprils fools

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I would laugh at this. And an actual cow for Tauren, wolf for Worgen, and say they're adding a new tree form which is just a stick.
    I like the big ol' fat dancing tree.

Also if they make a new tree before a new boomkin druids might riot

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would laugh at this. And an actual cow for Tauren, wolf for Worgen, and say they're adding a new tree form which is just a stick.
    And give us the poly count for how they got their models to look so photo realistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately that's just how WoW has been. They're so afraid of making people upset that they won't make majorly needed quality of life changes for fear of more sub losses.

I would love to see all the models get a major overhaul. I'd love to see some heavy customization added to the game. (I played a Wildstar beta this past weekend, and the customization was limited, but still LEAPS and BOUNDS ahead of WoW.) Unfortunately, I know nothing like that is likely to happen for a loooooong time with WoW.
    Honestly, I think it depends on what desinger is working on them. Seeing as Chris told us they aren't done as a team, but more separate.

The undead really really do look like an overhaul. the females even more so then the males. the detail in the undead so far vastly outweigh the rest. Imo

I would like to know who worked on them, because so far the undead look the best, look at the undead female update, next to the human female update.

I can see this infront off me... A goat painted blue

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    I did this with the human female, they will prob look like this but a bit more updated with the hooves and stuff. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyseria View Post
    i did this with the human female, they will prob look like this but a bit more updated with the hooves and stuff.

My eyes..!
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    holy shit, can't wait for that reveal
    Please keep Draenei sexy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post

This is the "exotic" look they get in a lot of art. Notice how they don't just look like blue humans with lordosis and a tail, but the face looks more alien, more refined. If they look more like this when they get redid I will actually roll one.

As long as they fix the teeny tiny shoulders (seriously, it's kind of pathetic how small shoulder armor is on female draenei).

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    As long as they fix the teeny tiny shoulders (seriously, it's kind of pathetic how small shoulder armor is on female draenei).
    roll something else if you want shoulders to take up half the screen
    the size is fine as it is now

Deleted
    What part of blizzard repeatedly announcing they're not changing physical model silhouette's/proportions don't you people understand? The new models are re-textures, reanimated, and very very slight remodelings of the originals.

The draenei will look exactly the same as before, except with prettier animated faces and nicer textures, end of story.
    Zombie-blizzard doesn't take risks anymore, they're certainly afraid of changing something so drastically.

Terrible shame really.