Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.

Your 'Luckiest' WoW Moments

Hey guys,

Recently I was playing on my incredibly dead PvE server, Saurfang (EU), and on a whim I went to Deepholm to see if Aeonaxx was there - as there's so few people that play on my server I figured it was worth a shot. It wasn't there. Not to be deterred, I go to Vashj'ir to check for Poseidus, and lo and behold, there it is. I kill it, get the mount, and thank my lucky stars.

An hour or two later I go back to Deepholm and check again for Aeonaxx. This time it is there. My eyes boggle for a good minute, then I kill it, get the mount, and thank my even luckier stars.

So, that's two out of three of the 100% mount drop rares in the space of a couple of hours, with no real waiting around.

Which got me thinking...has anyone else here had such absurdly lucky experiences in WoW before? Ashes on first attempt? Randomly stumbling across the Time-Lost Proto-Drake?

Share your lucky experiences below!

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was level 50 something on my very first character (Rogue), I had to go back to lower zones to grind more leather to level leatherworking. So, I was grinding away on stupid wolves in Hinterlands when all of a sudden Underworld Band dropped. Bang, sold that ring and had enough money to buy epic ground riding when I reached level 60.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

Maybe "lucky" is the wrong word, but the other night I was doing stuff away from my computer and thought, "I should go run Kara. I bet I get the mount."

So I logged in, ran it, and got the mount. Funny coincidence, I guess.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

I used to wake up from cold dead sleeps and find camel statues and dead aeonaxxs (This happened maybe 5-6 times). Maybe some poseidus's too, but I dont remember that much, only camping it every weekend.

Oh thats right. My first time getting it I wanted Mcds, but instead I decided to shower. Lo and behold, when I gt out of the shower there he was.

I walked my Monk alt into MT because "why not" and hearthed out with the White Hawkstrider. (Note: I also have the Glaives, Huolon's mount, Ashes of Al'ar, Attuman's horse, and a few varied rare transmog items. All of which was gotten on a Monk.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    My human Rogue has about my same lack of luck as I tend to have in real life... Poor girl, guess being my mini me doesn't help.

My Belf on the other hand however must have a lucky clover in his pocket. This guy, I swear, the difference between the two in terms of luck is odd and he just lucks out every now and then. ex. That darn fishing daily NPC in Dalaran... she had rewarded him with the hat, the fancy fishing pole, and the pet twice before my human girl got anything good even once.

One of his luckiest though was prob on that Captured Firefly pet (WotLK drop rates, if it's since changed). For a while I'd sometimes just go farm it a while when I felt like it. Took me quite a few days, some hours at a time, to even find the first, though after I'd gotten them for these two other times I'd return when I didn't feel like doing anything else and just farmed for one to sell if lucky.

One night he found one after only 45 mins. I figured, eh, haven't been at it very long, maybe we'll stay a while more and see if another will drop... (yeah sure, like that's even likely). Wouldn't you know it, in a span of less than 3 hours this little bugger had found THREE of them.

Deleted
    Got every single mount drop from group play / soloing apart from the Ultraxion mount, Sha & Nalak mounts. Just wish I had the Original Amani Bear and the Scarab Lord mounts :s

Had a similiar experience with Aeonaxx, didn't even camp it just went there on a whim.

The luckiest moment i had was when i used to run molten core every week for a chance at the bindings. During a run back in cata I finally got the left binding. I was so happy at the time. Two weeks later I go back and I find not only the right binding but also the Eye of Sulfuron for the hammer. Within a couple weeks i finally got both legendaries.

Only other luck I had was when i finally got the green protodrake from that damn egg the oracles had after 50+ weeks of opening it. Mind you this was when the CD was still 7 days.

In about 2 weeks time, I finally got the meta achievement for the Red Proto-Drake finished, which I've had since WotLK, and every time I would try to do Incredible Hulk, it refused to give me the achievement, even after contacting Blizz about it. That same day, I found 2 people to run through ZA with me and get the Amani Battle Bear, and then on a solo run I picked up the White Hawkstrider.

10+ Year Old Account
    I once got hacked back near the start of the ice crown patch, when a GM gave me all my stuff back in the form of about 5 mails they accidently duplicated 2 of them somehow, 1 contained my frost tokens, the other contained my gold. Went and bought a new tier peice and all the best enchants etc.

The other time would be a few months back when 3 friends and I decided to run black temple for fun, as one of my friends used to raid BT in a hardcore guild back in BC but never saw the blade drop. It dropped this time. (I won the role just to mess with him then traded it )
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

If I remember correctly, it was when I was leveling up my rogue. I'm pretty sure it was the badlands, and there was this rare that dropped a really REALLY good helmet for the level (There wasn't heirloom helms at the time). This rare spawned in a cave full of hard to kill mobs, spawned in 1 of three locations, only remained alive for 10 minutes (this could be false though, this is what i remember reading on wowhead at the time), and only had a 12% or so chance of dropping that said helmet.

Lo and behold, I managed to successfully find, kill, and receive this helmet. I was beyond happy at this.

Deleted
    In wrath i got hacked for about 5 days (i was on holiday) and i got back my gear wasnt touched which i found abit strange but when i looked on the realm list the hacker made level 1 chars on loads of realms. Some of the chars had up to 50k (my realm didnt had any tho :< ) but i just randomly gave the money out to people on the server and that made me happy <3. Didnt bother to report the hack though considering nothing was touched

10+ Year Old Account
    I never win mount rolls in raids....ever. Even when its 100% drop chance and only me and a few others are running OS 25, I always roll less than 20. Last year, a few guildies who I am convinced were high at the time were screwing around in ICC hc and invited me to join them. Still didn't have my Light of Dawn title so I went. Kill the Lich King, Invincible drops. I roll a 99 and win.

several months later and I still can't believe that actually happened. I have had no luck ever since then, but I loves my zombie pony!

Got the Big Love Rocket this V-day event

been after it for the past 3 years now so I am happy

10+ Year Old Account
    So I got Time lost, Aeonaxx and the camel mount (from the statues) in about a week

Thanks to a tip on wowhead, I transferred a toon to a RPPVP server, one that was almost completely dead and had no merges and no CRZ. I figured that if i got even one of the rare world mounts it would be worth the transfer fee. My first stop was Stormpeaks, and after 6 hours of AFK camping, My marco picked up TLPD. I was stunned and quickly killed the mob i have only even seen ONCE before.

I then headed to deepholm and 24 hours later, i log in and she is flying in front of me. I quickly hop on and kill her for my second shiny new mount.

Stop number 3 was Vashj'ir to check for Poseidus and i meet a hunter who was also after her. A day later i log in and she tells me she got it this morning so i head to ulduam after i install the first addon i ever had because those f-ing things are so small and almost impossible to find without help. It took about 5 statues (about 4 days) for me to get the right one. I made sure to slowfall because i heard it glitches and the fall could kill you. I one shot the boss and get mount number 3.

Now karma seems to be biting me back, I have yet to see Poseidus. I have been after her for about 3 months with zero luck. I have learned her respawn timer and atleast 7-12 times a day (sometimes more if i get a chance) i am camping. In the mean time i have gotten the Mount from Kara, Flametalon and Baron riverdale mount. I hope to get her so i can finish working on alani.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

I've been pretty lucky on the Bigger Bag achievement. Got the Ruby Droplet and Ash-Covered Horn first or second kill, and a lot of the other ones in good time. Now I just think it was a conspiracy to get me to go for the whole thing, since the last two are really painful (Ashleaf Spriteling and Cursed Talisman).

I do have a couple of the rare-drop mounts. The one that took the least kills was Drake of the South Wind.

I got the fire raven mount from Alysrazor the first time I went back to FL to solo it. After never seeing it for all of FL back in Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Did Garrosh NM for the first time 10 days ago. 2 handed heirloom axe drops. I only like strength melee classes. Now for a second one to drop and I can play Fury when my non-existent Warrior reaches 90.

Got both bindings the same week when MC was current on my Warrior. Pretty sure I used up all my run good back in 2005.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in TBC I was main tanking a ZA run. We were on Zul'jin and a little over halfway through the fight. Suddenly my internet went down and I was disconnected for about a full minute or so, maybe a little over a minute. By the time I logged back on I saw that I had 50 health, immediately popped Shield Wall and luckily we were able to recover and down the boss.