Deleted

Guardian with Int/Str-Trinket

Hi Druids,

i have a question regarding Guardiantrinkets.
    Our tank says that crit is his most valuable stat for everything (tanking and dmg).
    So he claims to roll on trinkets like:
    PBOI (http://wowhead.com/item=102293)
    SBT (http://wowhead.com/item=102308)
    He says he wont roll against a mainneed but aslong as nobody wants it he takes it.
    So the question is: Is this true?
    Should a bear aim for such trinkets?
    We are currently working on Shamans Heroic. So he could wear the trinkets from Protectors and Juggernaut (and anything from normal).
    Right now hes wearing PBOI and the vial from malkorok both normal. He got Rooks Talisman hero last week.
    I hope u can help me a little bit. I dont understand many things about bears and i dont want to stop him if hes right.

I think if you're going for damage then the amp trinkets are good. You lose survivability, but you basically never wipe due to tank death these days.

Deleted
    Sejta uses PBOI and TTT, though only for damage on farm. Amp trinkets don't increase your crit chance at all, and that is what matters for guardians.

I have read later that these trinkets are disabled for non-target specs.

Seems sejta disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post

Seems sejta disagrees.
    The only ones that do that are the ones that specifically say so on the tooltip.

IE http://wowhead.com/item=105474

Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post

Seems sejta disagrees.
    Usually that is referring only to the proc portion being disabled...not the amplification of stats. That part should still work.

(Even then, there are some ways around the disabling - for example melee auto attacks allow healers to proc the int proc from the dps caster trinket)

Very bad trinket choices... After 79% you are crit capped on white damage and the special attacks pretty much always crit. If u want damage you need to go for survivability ofc as in rage regen not stam. Taking all the damage a boss throws at you is golden.

I go with Bloodlust talisman (primordius HC) and Haromm's Talisman and i pulled even over 400k on Garrosh normal while solo-tanking.

Skeer's sucks. Most of the crit is going to be completely wasted, and strength is barely worth anything.

The amp trinkets are trickier. They're decent DPS trinkets, not as good as Haromm's or Sigil (on cleave-friendly fights), but decent nonetheless. The haste and mastery aren't all that great, but they add at least a little value to them beyond just DPS. The procs are all bad; Prison won't even proc, Bindings is int (only useful for HotW), and Thok's is just a small amount of AP.

If he's not rolling against mainspecs I don't see the harm in taking PBoI/TTT/PPoP. They can be useful to a bear in some situations, and worst case scenario the int versions are good for offspecs anyway. I'd steer him away from Skeer's; Haromm's Talisman or even TED are going to be better in every way, for every spec.

The problem with SBT is that you'll cap out after literally 6 stacks or so once you're mostly heroic geared, which is a complete waste of that trinket. Plus I'm not even certain the proc works for non-STR users. They isolated those procs after ToT.

The only ones that do that are the ones that specifically say so on the tooltip.
    The TTT STR proc doesn't work for Feral. I'm 99% sure they don't put those restrictions in the TTs anymore.

Seems sejta disagrees.
    The Amp works, but the procs don't. Which is why BRMs love TTT. That being said, an Amp trinket is still less DPS than Haromm's.

Edit: And everything Ahanss said.

So, best dps trinkets for a bear would be haromm + thok's tail tip? 9% more crit damage is 7.2% more dps at 80% crit which doesnt sound bad..

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    So, best dps trinkets for a bear would be haromm + thok's tail tip? 9% more crit damage is 7.2% more dps at 80% crit which doesnt sound bad..
    Crit amp works differently from skull banner/meta gem. 9% crit amp is only 4.5% stronger crits

E.g.
    Skull banner brings a 200 damage crit to 240
    Agile meta brings a 200 damage crit to 206
    9% crit amp brings a 200 damage crit to 209 (only boosting the 100 "crit" damage).

So at 80% crit, 9% crit amp is a 4% increase

Code:
    without crit amp                    With crit amp
    100*.2+200*.8=180 average hit       100*.2+209*.8=187.2 average hit

187.2/180=1.04=4% increase